PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well said SPL, pretty close to the mark IMO.

For me the whole GT6 franchise just got tired, more so when there became other options i could have a crack at. That said, PCARS has its faults and the one thing that has highlighted no matter what the game, network stability is the backbone of ANY game. The frustration of the GT6 instability was, and still is a major issue, and PCARS it seems isnt immune. The frustration of getting kicked, other drivers getting kicked and lag issues will ruin any game, no matter how good it is in theory.....the frustrations that flow from that, which include waiting for later than scheduled start times, loss of points in league races and contact with other cars through no fault of anyone other than the network are things that test all of our patience more than we would hope.....

All that said, i still enjoy the PCARS "game" more than GT6, for no other reason than its fresh, new tracks, new cars and a wider variety of race options.....if they could just fix the pit options during a race, the magnet issue and online stability they would have a near perfect game.

It will be interesting to see how well they port AC to the PS4, i think we are all looking for a game that addresses the issues that seem to hit the PS4 and PS3, namely network stability.....as hard as that must be.
    SPL Racing and beakeroo like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    yeah the AI on 20% are like that Ben, they dont realise your a premium driver.
    seth123 and Beau_Albert like this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Must've been holding the AI up
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  4. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Unfortunately this is the norm for most public lobbies. I usually qualify top three, only to be punted back to 13th on the first or second corner, then spend the rest of the race fighting my way back and watching them all push each other off the track while I try to avoid the carnage. I'm mostly able to get back to a podium finish, but there's usually at least a couple of capable drivers who'll pull away and are very hard to catch. If it wasn't for these NFS ****heads my online stats would be much better.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I havent been back to a public lobby since i started here at ROOZ, simply cannot be bothered dealing with the bull:):):):) that goes on in them.
    George, JonoStan96 and Clevohead like this.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'll probably get to that point once I've gotten to know everyone a bit better.
    Zachery likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah you will mate. if youre on around 9 ish tonight, stu will be running a full length race session tonight to get your strategies sorted. should jump in if youre around.
    dj2ca likes this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I haven't been in a public lobby for over 2 years. that's the best thing about ROOZ, there is usually someone online at anytime to race or practice with. Send out loads of friend requests to your team mates and division drivers and anyone else here so when you jump on you can get in on a room.
    Zachery likes this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'll be there, I've been online with Stu the last couple of nights. I haven't been able to get a handle on the car yet, I'm gonna try tweak the controller settings a bit, it's really twitchy for me. Yep, I'm on controller unfortunately, can't afford a wheel at the moment.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    By the way, I just went to buy the Pcars Dash app from the Android Play Store but it's nowhere to be found. Can you guys still see it or has it been pulled or something? It was there yesterday.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I just had a look and its nowhere to be found
    dj2ca likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah thats strange.
    dj2ca likes this.
  13. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Apps get pulled from the Play Store for various reasons all the time, hopefully it's a temporary thing, I'll check again in the next few days. I tried the developer's "contact us" page but it didn't seem to work.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that link is DLC ;)
    Zachery and dj2ca like this.
  15. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    it's still in the iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/pcars-dash/id675649462?mt=8
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  17. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I got a reply from the pCars Dash dev, he says it's only temporarily unavailable and that it should be back on the Android Play Store soon (hopefully within the week).
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    For those of you who are using the pCars Dash app, is there a way to have it automatically cycle through the different dash screens? I've had a look and I don't think it's possible, I haven't found such a setting anyway, just thought I'd ask in case there's something I'm missing. Thanks.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

You can assign a button on controller/wheel to cycle forward and back. You can also assign a button to go directly to any screen
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Ahh, I see, I'll have to check that out, thanks!