PGA Tour 2K21 Official RaceOnOz Society

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Oct 17, 2021.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    The back nine begins with another exciting short Par 4. Similar to the ninth, if the wind is in your face, it brings the bunkers right into play.
    [​IMG]

The 11th hole is one of the most celebrated Par 3’s in the world, and with any kind of wind it is one of the most difficult too. The ball must carry a deep pot bunker and still stay on the green. Putting from the back is no fun at all. Birdies are rare here.
    [​IMG]

The 12th is another magnificent short Par 4 that defines risk reward. There is very little room to land the ball off the tee as there are bunkers everywhere. The green slope is hellish, and can easily turn birdie chances into quad bogeys. Have fun with this one.
    [​IMG]

Number 13 is unique as the second shot, wherever you shoot from, is blind. The pins can be placed up to 40m from the front edge, so club selection is critical.
    [​IMG]

At the 14th the drive needs to clear a group of bunkers known as ‘The Coffins.’ The green is also blind from the fairway, and it very difficult to hold if you’re trying to get on in two. Having failed that, chip on and putt for a well earned birdie.
    [​IMG]

Hole 15 is defined by the pot bunker that defends the front of the green. Your drive needs to be as far right as possible to take this bunker out of play.
    [​IMG]

The 16th is just popmarked with hazards. Severe undulations and an unforgiving out of bounds are your biggest obstacles on this Par 4. The green is very tricky toward the front.[​IMG]

• The Road Hole, arguably the most famous Par 4 in all of golf. Your drive is blind off the tee and must carry the walls of the hotel. You’re left with a long iron into the smallest green on the course, fronted by the infamous Road Hole bunker. Par is something to celebrate here!
    [​IMG]

Here at 18, a cart path crosses the fairway and isn’t considered a hazard, so the ball must be played from it if it finishes there. Get your ball high enough to avoid the giant false front known as ‘The Valley of Sin’.
    [​IMG]
    Rebort likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I’d just like to give a shoutout to the bros who are still hitting the course week in week out, regardless of result, you blokes are awesome. I suspected there would be a drop off in numbers with the release of GT7 & next gen ACC but I suppose roughly 10 participants each week is still pretty good.

This week’s tournament is ROOZ’s third Major out of four, with huge cash prizes up for grabs. I myself due to being at the Grand Prix wont be able to do my rounds until very late on, so the tournament is there for the taking! Good luck to all who take part in what is a special tournament on a very special course.
    [​IMG]
    stucar17, merzyblu and Rebort like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    even though I rarely have (or is it make) the time to continue with rooz golf, your passion for it is clear and appreciated, I'm sure by more than just myself.
  4. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Absolutely, it is awesome to have this all layed out for us. Much appreciated @JonoStan96
    Been playing since Golf Club 2019 and the sequel has not disappointed, unlike another game we are all getting frustrated by.
    Had some great matches with my crew over the past months as everyone has improved. Most improved @Viperzed coached by Jono and @RPeeM808 driven by getting his arse kicked and is now a true contender. Love it
    boneslightning likes this.
  5. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Be good to play a round with a master sometime but enjoy playing different courses. not in it to win sheeps stations just have a good time.

When do others play their rounds?
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've been MIA lately.
    Just playing catch up with so many other things in life.
    I would normally play Sat / Sun Mornings or Afternoons.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    i'll play my rounds to my best but i know i will never be at the top level as the contenders but its all good fun. I'll have a hit and a laugh with Rebort at anytime if i'm on. always up for a laugh at myself on where no one else will hit a ball.
    But i have noticed i have gotten better until i stuff a hole and don't care after that.
    Rebort likes this.
  8. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Now mr beats, I may resemble that remark...Absolutely enjoy the exactness of 2K21 and as well the multiple vagaries, all the courses bring on... I look forward to my weekly rounds....
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Beats143, Rebort and Matthyus like this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hamish’s Shootout
    14 - 20 Apr
    Course: The Highlands
    Par: 72
    Rounds: 4
    Difficulty: 9/10: This course, on almost every hole, demands pinpoint accurate shots from tee to green in order to avoid staying out of trouble. Sidehill lies, elevation, gigantic and scattered bunkers, cliffs, water hazards including the infamous Skroakly Lake and even an old railway bridge all combine to create a truly challenging golf experience. The back 9 is notorious for its punishing greens, angles and seismically long approaches.
    Predicted winning score: -10

With the European Leg complete, now it’s time to tackle some golf gaming history’s best and most insane fantasy courses. The Highlands is another classic Tiger Woods fantasy course first appearing in the 2003 edition set in far North Scotland. The setting is eerie, heavy clouds and rolling fog are ever present, along with the endless sounds of bagpipes played by the locals. It’s a truly unique round of golf, and most likely one of the most difficult you’ll ever encounter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The opening hole here at The Highlands is a difficult dogleg right Par 4 over the North Sea. The second shot will have a significant sidehill lie so watch your aim. The green is small and is well protected by a huge bunker. [​IMG]

The tee shot is the key to success on this long Par 5 along the North Sea. Those feeling bold can take aim at the lighthouse for the best chance to reach the green in 2 shots, and the best chance at an eagle or a birdie. The green is protected by 6 bunkers and slopes from left to right. [​IMG]

This Par 4 is all uphill and is split into 2 portions, so distance control is critical. The second shot is steep so make sure you take enough club on the approach, providing of course you avoided the many scattered bunkers in the fairway. Some ancient ruins are the backdrop for this relatively flat green. [​IMG]

The 4th is a difficult downhill Par 3 with a comically small green. Despite the false front, it’s best to aim for the front as getting up and down from the bunkers at the rear is harrowing to say the least. It’s a long way down from the tee so choose your club wisely and check the wind. [​IMG]

Despite the wide fairway the 5th is a tight Par 4. Your placement is critical as is it easy for your second shot to be blocked by the tree separating the two fairways. My advice is to either lay up short and left or bomb it up the far right side. The green is long but well protected by bunkers, and slopes off to the left.
    [​IMG]

This short Par 5 is made difficult due to the tough approaches to the green. It’s extremely difficult to hold the green with a wood in hand so laying up to the second fairway is probably the best option. The green is surrounded by bunkers and water, and by no means is it an easy birdie. [​IMG]

The tee shot is of utmost importance at #7. You must avoid the gigantic bunker at all costs, nicknamed Nessie’s Lair. A long iron off the tee is the safest route on this hole. Don’t miss the green to the left otherwise your ball could roll down into sea. [​IMG]

The 8th offers us our first glimpse of Skroakly Lake. The tee shot is blind so you’ll need to hit a fade around the corner, and avoiding the bunkers and the lake is easier said than done. The second shot also demands a fade into a green that slopes nastily from back right to front left. [​IMG]

This Par 3 was the last hole built before the original architect William Longshanks ran out of real estate. The 9th sits in the middle of Skroakly Lake, and is considerably difficult, requiring a long iron to carry a large bunker if the pin is tucked to the left, though you can use the backstop to your advantage.
    [​IMG]
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The 10th provides an intimidating tee shot for the player as it is all carry over the lake to reach the fairway. The big hitters can try to carry the bunker off the tee although the reward isn’t particularly fruitful. A pond hidden from view will eat any ball hit long over the green. This green is probably the trickiest on the golf course, so make certain of your approach shot. [​IMG]

This spectacular Par 5 begins inside one of the many ruined castles this course is famous for. The hole is significantly downhill so it plays much shorter than its yardage would imply. The green is built inside an overgrown castle turret, and is surrounded by deep bunkers and water. [​IMG]

The 12th hole takes place along the old Skroakly Harbour. Your ideal target is the left side with a well placed tee shot, as it provides the least obstructed approach to the green, which is fronted by the old railway support beams. The green is tiny and hard to hold. This is a very tough hole to birdie on any day.
    [​IMG]

A well placed tee shot is required on this tricky Par 4, in order to avoid the trees and expansive bunkering. The approach will be uphill while the green is protected by a deep bunker. Keep your shot on the green or you’ll pay the price. [​IMG]

The 14th hole is a dogleg right Par 4 defined by the gigantic bunker in the middle of the fairway. Only the longest hitters will be able to carry the bunker, so most players will be forced to play a sharp fade with a 5 wood to reach the green. The green is small and is tiered straight up the middle. Par is something to celebrate here.[​IMG]

The Par 3 15th requires the player to fire a long iron over a gully and land with a significant amount of backspin to hold the green. The green is perched up, so if you miss, the up and down will prove to be extremely difficult. Take careful aim. [​IMG]

On the 16th the tee shot must be hit hard along the right side of the fairway in order to avoid the massiver bunker on the left. The approach must be perfect, as the green is very narrow and is even more perched than the previous hole. And with water surrounding the green, you’ll saying hello to bogeys in no time if you miss. [​IMG]

The 17th is a difficult Par 3 that provides us with the last glimpse of Skroakly Lake. You’ll need to fade a fairway wood into this green or else you’ll end up in one of the deep reinforced bunkers protecting the front. Long putts are an absolute nightmare. [​IMG]

The final hole heads back towards the North Sea. It’s a true 3 shot Par 5 where once again, maximum distance is not the best option. The fairway is scattered with pot bunkers so avoid them as best you can. The green is perched up on a small natural island along with the home of local legend Hamish ‘Mulligan’ McGregor. [​IMG]
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Slight tech issue

14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hot tip, if your ball is in a REALLY compromised spot, just declare unplayable, don’t do this!
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi all, due to contracting conjunctivitis I haven’t been able to fire up a course preview as looking at a screen is, quite painful to say the least.
    However our next course is Emerald Dragon, another classic Tiger Woods fantasy course. Very long and challenging. I’d give it an 8/10 on the scale and the winning score should be around -15.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    He's not joking, eyes are redder than Tiger's 4th round shirt
    JonoStan96, nigegunz and Kieran_B33 like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. merzyblu

merzyblu New Recruit Gold Member

Thats no good , take care mate
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID