PGA Tour 2K21 Official RaceOnOz Society

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    I'll have a go, do they have am/am o_O
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Also, how is it not Whackfest ? Do you get to go through to the Whackoffs ?
  3. dn.orr83

dn.orr83 Rookie

PSN ID
    Davo_Dinkum_83
    I'm interested. Pro/Am please. Will try and join tonight.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    As a golf fanatic, I can safely say it’s the best golf game ever made in terms of realism, an almost infinite amount of courses to try and enough difficulty settings to make the game a cakewalk or painfully difficult.
    Stew Wilson, Xtr3meNZer and Beats143 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Event Details for The RACERS Championship
    October 21-27
    [​IMG]
  6. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I haven't played golf since I was a teen, but I did enjoy a mobile golf game a few years back lol. I'll get it downloading
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    What about that VikingKlubbers Grotte course. I made 3 mistakes and 6 over just like that. Greens and surrounds were wicked :D
    Matthyus and boneslightning like this.
  8. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I was 3 over playing the last with a triple early on, then had a 10 on the last. I have a lot to learn about elevation and strong wind and chipping and pitching and and and
    Beats143 likes this.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wind blows
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Difficulty settings for the first ROOZ Tournament
    Note: Open means you have the option to not use it, or have a free choice.
    Swing Difficulty: Unfortunately locking this to Amateur for example, will force everyone to use Amateur, and sometimes it wont. I haven’t been able to find a fix for this as yet so it will remain open. Please refrain from “cheating” by using Beginner if you’re capable of shooting -20 in a round with it.
    Swing Timing: This has been enabled so reckless shots will be punished.
    Pro Vision: If you use these options, the game will assist you in finding the correct distance when shooting out of the rough or a bunker. You wont be assisted on elevation or wind effects however. This I feel strikes a perfect balance between too much hand holding and proper course management skills.
    Putt Preview: Use this AFTER setting up your putt for the best results. This option will be reduced from tournament 2 onwards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well, got it downloaded last night, and went through the first tutorials and I have to say - looks amazing, but I have no idea what I'm doing, I don't know the different types of shots, clubs (pitch wedge and sand wedge huh) etc... so I have to ask, is there more help from the game when you're first starting? Does it recommend certain clubs and shot types?

I'll likely get some time on the game this weekend to really have a good go of it... But just curious if it gives you more help when you're first kicking off, other than the initial tutorial (which I still wasn't too sure of everything I was doing).

TIA
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If you've never played or followed golf, then I can see why it might be a bit daunting.
    However with that said the game is pretty good at providing you with the right club for the distance you need to cover.
    But digging deeper, it may not be the right club you wish to use due to the different charactisics of that type of club.
    What is your level of knowledge of golf clubs?
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This should be 'interesting'...
  14. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    I just whack it with whatever hitting stick they give me :)
    Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  15. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Depending on the settings you have and level set ie. beginner, amateur, pro am, pro etc. the game will suggest a suitable club to use for the upcoming shot but this is reduced at the higher levels. You can push the triangle button to see the landing zone of the shot and club chosen at that time and by doing all the training tutorials and practising at the range you can experiment and learn all of this.
    Like real golf, practice makes perfect. Not sure of your golf knowledge but basically from driver to lob wedge the ball will go lower, longer to higher, shorter. The pitching wedge, gap wedge, sand iron and lob wedge are to get the ball up in the air and stop quicker on the greens and get out of bunkers. The tutorials will teach you how to tweak these shots to suit your requirements. With practice on the training tutorials you will see you can make fine adjustments to tweak shots with different height and spin parameters. The most important thing is the swing plan and swing speed hitting it straight up and down the vertical column at the right speed and timing it so you start you down swing when in the grey and white area. When you go in the red section of a swing any little mistake is exaggerated. Swing plane and timing over and over. Practice on the range and use the tutorials. Blah blah, but at first use beginner to get used to hitting, once you have that handled, change to pro/am and you will see and be able to use more of the tweaks available for shot shaping and spin rates. (The higher the level you are on the less help the game will give you)
    I’d be happy to share play in a chat and hit some shots and show you the differences if you like when it suits.
    Hope this helps, cheers
    Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  16. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I like your outfit :p
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Beats143 likes this.
  18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I understand the basics of the game, so if there is a preview of shots and such available, then I will run with that and see what each one does etc etc... As you said, practice helps, so I will just get practicing! Should have some time this weekend to have a good play, and see if it's something I'll get into or not :)

Cheers for the info Jono :)
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Hope this helps.

JonoStan96 and Steve Neilson like this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Mario would have more relevance on this site than golf.
    Steve Neilson likes this.