PCARS PCARS HTO GT3 SERIES SILVER

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 30, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys... Its time to get the divisonal threads opened up. In here you will find all you need to know about the entrants, rules, regs, setting for each round, points ladders & the HTO PENALTY / SUCCESS SYSTEM.
    • 7 round series comprising of races 2 x 90 min races - 3 x 60 min - 2 x 30 min (corresponding to the # of laps it would take)
    • Rooms will be opened at 7:30 pm with 1 hour practice followed by 15 min qualifying followed by the race which will be a ROLLING START
    • Race strategy, tyre selection & Pit stops are completely open... there is no restriction on how many or how few times you stop or what compound you use.
    • Each round will have as closely as i can, real world location simulated weather which will be locked in as to the forecast on Wednesday morning ( When i get to look at it) using the 4 time slots available within the game and will correspond with the 8 am 11 am 2 pm & 5 pm forecast on the linked below websitehttp://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-States-Of-America/Watkins-Glen-Circuit.aspx
    • Points will be awarded as follows Pole position 1 point - Fastest lap 1 point - Race finish order 25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    • HTO PENALTY / SUCCESS SYSTEM. In previous GT6 HTO series there has been a success ballast or penalty system applied to the top 5 in the points ladder after each round that has been easy to manage and police. Unfortunately in PCars there is no way of policing the restrictor % within the setup other than an honesty system, whether people would play the game is something i am not going to try.... SO I have come up with the following, The top 5 on each table will only be able to score a % of the points they would normally receive for their finishing position. So the following % penalties will apply, if you are in 1st place you will only receive 80% of the points for your finishing position in the next round. 2nd 84% 3rd 88% 4th 92% & 5th 96%. the table below has all outcomes covered and yes i will be using the 1 decimal point. will make it interesting i think.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    TheJuzzy and Nathancarhead like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  3. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    Please note that there is wet weather forecasted for the 2nd half of the race ATM ... the rain forecasted will have the following weather slots on race night.
    • 0mm - 0.9mm = overcast (no rain)
    • 1mm - 4.9mm = light rain
    • 5mm - 9.9mm = medium rain
    • 10mm - 19.9mm = heavy rain
    • 20mm+ = thunderstorm
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @VARDZ hey mate chuck me in the audi. Not sure how many rounds i can make at this stage though
    VARDZ likes this.
  5. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'll run in the Z4 thanks @VARDZ
    VARDZ likes this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    To those who have yet to make there car choice please do so ASAP
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Sorry mate, i will man up my Z4 tomorrow
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    HERE ARE THE RACE RULES AND REGS FOR ROUND 1
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Looking forward to this one boys :) the difference in cars will be exciting

As you're in Silver Vardz, are you hosting each Sunday night?
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I am happy to have someone with a stronger connection than mine... who was the regular D2 man in the end
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    @Killercarlcox69 was the main Div2 host, I did backup but I don't have the best connection.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    OK BOYS Here is what I have so far... only 5 that haven't decided on their chariot and only 1 team that really needs a couple of drivers to be competing for the teams title...
    @Woffu @agolfer78 @HIGGS @Rod you guys need to make a choice please... @Noxrai not sure if you have med clearance to race but you are welcome to enter at anytime that you are good to go...
    The McLaren Factory team is in need of at least 1 silver and 1 bronze to be eligible for the team title so if any of you decide to jump in the macca you have one of the best tuners in the game in Giant to help you out...
    So race regs are up ...only adjustment might be a start time on track of 10am ... that will put the finish into the late afternoon
    [​IMG]
    I do this to see everyone enjoy themselves... this has been slapped together in about a third of the time frame I normally havr to get this series on track and it is the first one on Project Cars... there will be problems...not to many I hope....
    MAKE YOURSELVES AWARE OF THE POINTS PENALTY SYSTEM... IT IS IN THE OPENING POST OF EACH OF THE THREADS ... VERY IMPORTANT YOU READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT AS IT GOES FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON....
    most of all enjoy it boys ...again it is why I do it!!!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    TheJuzzy and SPL Racing like this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Teams Championship Rules and Regulations
    • All team members must drive the same car.& same livery
    • Manufacturers can be used by multiple teams
    • Teams must have at least 1 member in each Division. Gold - Silver - Bronze but only a maximum of 2
    • Minimum # of team members 3 and a maximum of 6
    • If there are 2 members of a team within a division please try and use a 2 car team livery
    • The highest amount of points scored by a team member if they have 2 team members will count toward the weekly total
    • 3 scores will count toward the weekly total
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    JUST FOR CLARIFACTION.... Kerb hopping / corner cutting penalties at the bus stop chicane at the end of the back straight will be hard to police... but the game deals out penalties if you try and grab to much kerb or cut too much... I am happy to leave it at that....
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    My race,
    Started 2nd and watched a flying Audi come up the middle of the back like a rocket! Before the first corner got first and held it for the first few laps. Jazzy was right on my bumper and making me push my tyres too hard for my one stop strategy so I got in behind him and he sailed off down the road for about a 3-4 second gap. Saw his times starting to go high between laps 18-24 before his Pitt. Continued on with my strategy to Pitt on lap 28. Tyres were holding on but only up to lap 28. Pitted and then continued in the lead and that's it.
    No Cows, or Jim, or Hughesy to smack me down the list lol
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Anyone else going to do a race write up? I actually like reading them because I have no idea what happens in a race apart from my view :)
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Real missed opportunity for me last night.... qualified P5 after making a mess of my first 2 laps and then managed a 43'4 .... Was solid on the green light and yes that Audi was a rocket on the green and lost a spot to JD....but then I jumped through a massive gap on the inside of turn 1 to go from p6 to p3 and settled in behind the Nvidia boys over the next few laps... Was losing time them but was pulling away from P4 up to about lap 10 or 11 and had the gap to 16 secs... it was then that I saw sneeky had made a pass for 4th spot and was gaining little by little. Lap 13 (I think) I had a massive off and lost all that time to sneeky but that was ok until lap 24 when I was slowing into the last turn to make my stop and ended up on the other side of the track .... pitted in and came out in 8th spot. Passed Killer and Cob and was trying for 3 or 4 laps to pass a very very VERY heavily defending JasonD and when he braked on the apex of the final corner I tagged him in the back end and spun which ended my night... I pitted again with 6 to go to try and get the FL point and missed it by .08x was .21x up at the 2nd sector but gave it up at the last left hander. Well done to everyone and see ya at Spa
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Sorry guys its taken me this long to find this page, fokes are dumb where I come from lol. My race was a sloppy one, didn't get off to a good start, got left for dead off the line and into turn one I saw some contact so I went to the right to avoid it and hit ripple strip on the right hard which bounced my left where I think I touched nige and we did the whole magnet thing(im sorry m8). going up the hill in last spot woohoo nice way to introduce my self to div2. I made up a few spots over the next few laps with killer being very polite in letting me past (thx m8). then got up to Jason who I had some great battles with last season and I knew id have a hard time getting past, and I was right, it made for some great racing with cob and killer joining in on the act. Cob and myself finally got past Jason but with in 2 corners empty head emu rear ended cob and Jason got back past. Felt like a total wally and im very sorry to cob. after some more work I got back up to Jason and ground hog day as I couldn't get past him again and lost the rear end trying not to hit Jason through the bus stop. Think I dropped back to 7th or 8th after waiting to get back on track as some guys went past. not looking at this stage as I had no rythum and off the pase I had in practice. Finally settled in to some ok laps, did pit stop and got on with it. Saw juzzy up the road late in the race 11 seconds up the road and tried to make some ground but she stayed around that gap , ended up with a 4th place but more importantly had some great racing through out the race. Thanks guys im really looking forward to the rest off the season with some great battles and hopefully ill clean up my act and get more into the groove racing close to you all. sorry to nige and cob for any contact I hate it when that happens and I felt bad. Congratulations to the podiums nice work
    cheers Emu
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    TheJuzzy, autech91 and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Hey boys, as a rough guide for times I was getting 2:18.3's in practice and 2:17.6 in a 10 lap race with low fuel for Spa.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Did a very untidy 18.4 last night in a qually setup ... with at least 1 sec in that... will attempt to get the video on here
    Spidey_11 likes this.