ACC In between seasons Monday season 3 Signup and entries

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jun 21, 2020.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Nah, demote Andy :D
    krunch and andyo450 like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sorry mate, I had to put him back in Pro.

I will miss tonight unfortunately gents - but have a good one!
    tezpez85, krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

For those available to race tonight I'll draw a random GT4 car at around 7:30pm on discord; I'll share my screen for anyone who wants to play the role of UN legitimacy observer :thumbsup:
    Slightly terrified of drawing the Maserati on the mountain :D
  4. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I've been saying it all along, I'm only mediocre.
    fRZn, tezpez85, krunch and 1 other person like this.
  5. kuda

kuda Rookie

"firstName":"Ante",
    "lastName":"Kuda",
    "shortName":"KUD",
    # 5

Too late for tonight's race I'm guessing?
  6. Flamebadger

Hi mate, normally yes you would need to wait, but as I was in the server config as this came up and as we had your details from season 2, I have added you to the entry list for tonight. You likely won't be able to join the server until I restart it for official practice at 8pm.

Also, in Marty's absence, I can't guarantee I have added you flawlessly, so you may find it hasn't worked, in which case I'll ensure you're added properly in time for next week.
    kuda and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. Flamebadger

Hi all - tonight's car, picked under the supervision of @krunch is the Mercedes AMG GT4
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  8. kuda

kuda Rookie

9. Flamebadger

Thanks for the racing all, I enjoyed tonight. Looked largely clean throughout the field, but there were one or two incidents. Just a quick reminder to not directly attack anyone in the heat of the moment, and if you feel you need to, we do have a protest and penalty zone for incidents to be reviewed. That being said, thanks to everyone for showing up, really good to see the turnout! Looking forward to next week.

With that proviso out of the way, here are some highlights: (still to finish uploading and then to be processed by YT)

S3 Rnd4 - Race Results.

Season standings will be updated in due course.
    fRZn, Bueller, krunch and 1 other person like this.
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Fun race, always chasing someone. I always seem to be around Andy Gock somewhere and so it was at the start of the race again, but I lost touch with him after the stops. I was in the middle of a three-wide up Mountain Straight at one point, when the car to my right moved over into me and bumped me into Phil and sent us off. Apart from that, I escaped with only a few inconsequential wall scrapes.
    Mael and Bueller like this.
  11. Mael

Mael Professional

You forgot the mention the most important news, I finished ahead of you! :p
    fRZn and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I liked you better when you were on the big ol' BMW.
    fRZn, SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  13. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Yeah that was me sorry, the car is quite big so it looked like I was heading into the grass so I slightly moved to the left to avoid it, that being said it seems like netcode made the incident bigger then it should have been since I only slightly touched you (didn't even feel it in the FFB).

My race kinda got ruined by my own inconsistencies and people making some opportunistic dives, causing incidents only to roll slowly on the track instead of holding their brakes. Pit stop added an extra 15 seconds from that so any chance of a decent race was gone after that
    Bueller, Wally and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  14. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

These gt4's should be able to bump and grind a little more than what it is currently programmed to do, gt3 was similar in the earlier versions then they tweaked it a bit.
    TakFR likes this.
  15. Flamebadger

A quick announcement for everyone:

We have a couple of promotions on our hands with Art Vandelay @fRZn and Andy Gock @AGK making their way into the Silver class from the next race! Huge congrats to them both who qualified last season in the AM class and have both made progress in qualifying, race pace consistency and race craft over last season and the beginning of this one so that they very much deserve the elevation into the Silver class! :notworthy::thumbsup: Very well done to you both and if you could both slow down a bit that would be great :D

At this point if you could imagine fireworks and a tickertape parade that would be wonderful. Although I'm in Melbourne so it's more likely to be a hoarded toilet paper parade. o_O

Look forward to seeing everyone on Monday for mystery GT3 car at Misano.
    Meow, fRZn, Wally and 2 others like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Awesome stuff gents, congrats on the promotions!!! SILVER just got much tougher!
    fRZn and Flamebadger like this.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Fireworks... ticker tape... toilet paper...
    Congrats guys! Nice work. Welcome to Silver - but don't get too comfy! :sneaky:
    fRZn and Flamebadger like this.
  18. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Thanks for the promotion! Now that I'm not getting random pedal fluctuations I feel I can be faster and definitely maintain consistent pace more easily (no more pulling into the pits because my throttle is stuck at 80%!) :)
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Remind me, what are we waiting for before we start a "proper" season again? Is it Steve getting multiclass results working?
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Initially we were waiting to see what was going to happen with the British GT DLC but this has now been confirmed for 2021, so there is nothing from Kunos that we are waiting on at the moment.

I am about 50% complete on introducing a new system to handle multi-class racing at the results site (the server cron job has already been updated to handle this and it is currently running and working ok, points are being allocated correctly etc, the next part is to change the way tables are generated so that we can have a separate table for each car class in each driver class and cup view (overall, silver, am, sprint, enduro, ICGT) - this shouldn't take too long but I want to pay some attention to loading speed etc.

There has been a lot of discussion going on in the background in the last few days and soon there will be a poll posted about the structure of the next season. We are thinking to end the current season sooner than outlined in the OP here at round 10, followed by a short break for qualification and then get season 4 going in around 6-7 weeks from now. It may even be possible to bring this forward a little more. When we post the poll we will @ everyone that has competed in the last two seasons to make sure you all get a notification.

Right now we are discussing how to improve the driver class assignments and mid-season promotions, make the rules for this more transparent and also lessen the burden of manual admin tasks. It is incredible how much work @marty was doing on the sign-ups and tracking classes, updating the server entry lists, all of the forum posts etc - the guy is a machine. As well as the multi-class stuff, this is the main factor influencing the final end date of the 'in between seasons season' we are in right now. Well, that and the fact that the new admin team is trying not to rush things as we are still picking it all up and don't want to make a mess of everything (!).

The next Wednesday season is going to be a 5 round GT4 sprint season, more details coming later today.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    krunch, Wally, TakFR and 1 other person like this.