How did you find out about GT League OZ/Race on OZ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barra333, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Had a thought come to me last night, and was curious as to how everyone found this league. We have had lots of people come and go in the time its been running, so will be interesting to see the results.

For me, it was a PSN message out of nowhere just before season 2 from some guy called Carn_the_pies :p. Given that I had nothing better to do on Sunday nights, I indulged the random guy and joined. Glad I did!
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    I was here from the start at Whirlpool.
  3. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Someone had the website as their goodbye message on GT5. Saw it and thought i'd check it out. I have no idea who it was though haha.
  4. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i was told about ROOZ from BONUS_888, back just as season 4 was ending, i join his room one night while he was doing some practice in the McLaren MP4...
    Chucked some practice laps had some muck around race with him and some of the boys (can't remember who)
    Got my arse kicked :lol: but i jump on computer the next day and signed up...

i couldn't have join a better place to fill in time and spend too much time on and in...
    Have loved it from day 1.....
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I found it on whirlpool. Old GTLOZ threads and private messaged this Carn_the_pies bloke who was posting regularly on there, and asked if it was still running, and he directed me here.

Maybe you should have a "Carn_the_Pies recruitment" option on your poll :D
  6. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'm one of the original Whirlpool people.
  7. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    :lol: He is who I had I mind when I made the PSN message from nowhere option...
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    lol, i think it was carn who sent out the PSN messages from nowhere.......was racing in the open lobbies and i got one of those messages.....sussed out the site and the rest as they say is history ! Been here ever since.....
  9. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Yes in the early days I sent out a bucketload of messages to guys from the GTP forums or just aussies in lobbies.

Had a small dream to have over 50 racers running simultaneously in multiple division..Season 2 we hit that in about 6 divisions.

Alot of hard work but Looking at the members we have now well worth it.

The whirlpool originals guys who have been around from the start ..Full respect to you lads as well.
    aussief1 and Blindman like this.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    great idea Barra. I got one of those messages from carn after being spotted in the aus lobbies and leaderboards just in time for S2.. thanks mate, I was chuffed with the invite at the time and certainly got a lot of enjoyment from being a part of this thriving community since! :D

Respects to the OG's still kickn' it!

As for Clevo, wouldn't that classify as "looking for a league.." or possibly "recommended by online friend"?
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I was looking for a league to join, found the website and signed up before season 3. So glad that I did. Such a great bunch of blokes.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Well I voted recommended by online friend in relation to Carn and whirlpool. :)
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I used to race in an other League that was imploding from the inside and there was a post in the forum from a 'Sly dog' (still don't know who he is!) mentioning GTLOZ. First PS3 died and when I got back online with my new one there was a message from Carn. Joined a fraction late for Round 1 Season 2, so got to do round 2 (Tom's Supra at Suzuka in the wet against Bonus). All the ingredients to make a man an addict. Really enjoying seeing drivers continue to develop. And the mateship is alway's offered right from the first post.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I came across the site while just sussing out GT5 leagues in general, made a great first impression, joined up, enjoyed!

I was actually going to participate right from the start, back when jc and such were in div 1 and it was all being organised on Whirlpool, posted a few times in the WP thread too, did my qualy time, had everything ready to send in when one day I came to work and Whirlpool had been completely blocked, from that point I lost touch with it all and missed a bunch of seasons, stumbled across the site at a later date and was compelled to get into what I had originally intended.
  15. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    it's good to see how every1 came across the forum and when they joined.

i've been putting a list together at home over the last few days/nights.
    i just need to get a msg to some of these (hopefully new ROOZ) people
    and see if i can get them to sign up to forum to boost our numbers up again.

To see a couple more Div open up again would great...
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

haha miki, slydog is carns other online account, he uses carnthepies for gt5. i found out about GTLEAGUEOZ through EAF (ps3 non-competitive clan), which carn is also a part of and he recommended i join. great fun and joined in season 4, havent looked back:D
  17. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Me and Bonus have been racing together for over 3 years now, firstly back on GRID. We used to participate in a league called NOS (Night Of Speed), the guys that were in our team (NOS) were the guys that created the league and that's where NOS comes from and why Bonus and I have it in our PSN names. After that we joined an Aussie league on GRID ran by OZR_mrB, met Aza, Enforcer, and RB_racing. Also met Aussie in public servers on Bathurst around that time. After that played F1 2010 for a while then when GT5 came out, we were all still in touch. Bonus met Carn in a public room, Carn told bonus about this league then we got slotted in last minute in div5 (me) and div 6 (Bonus). After that Aza was in, then Aussie, then Enforcer, then RB. So that's the story of Me, Bonus, Aza, Aussie Man, Enforcer and RB coming to ROOZ, but my memory is :):):):)house so it's probably all wrong.

Edit - I forgot Nugget sorry mate lol, met him on F1, told ya my memory is fried.
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I found about it originally when it was called GTLOZ while surfing drunk after another bad run of :):):):)nuts in open lounges, but I forgot to bookmark it and thus forgot the name. I took a break from online but then I saw something about ROOZ in a post on GTP and came to take a look. I signed up, quallied and got into D2 for Season 6 and haven't looked back :)
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @ Neishy your memory serves you well m8
    it's a shame i did get on line earlier to get in on the NOS thing that would have been awesome IMO...

But yeah i was here and started racing in season 5 (just think i had just over a week to get time in and get graded).
    got Rookie of season 5, well that's according to Miki thanks m8.. ;)

proclaimed myself as the Forum Clown :D try to keep out of trouble :/ then got a different coloured name He He :p
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @ neishy, I remember before I was involved here racing you guys in open lobbies. I remember accidentally hitting the start button when you And bonus were practicing for a race. Felt like a goose and avoided you both for a while !!