ACC Hotlap Challenge!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Nov 19, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have taken the locked entry list off the hotlap server, everyone in the Monday season will still be locked to their season car but all others on the normal ROOZ whitelist can now get into this server again. Any one else that has the password but not on the entry list will need to be SA75 with 3 track medals.
    krunch, Easty410, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I've noticed some anomalies between the vehicle delta/lcd/race logic instrument and what lap times gets logged in acc. I have an open issue thread here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-3-delta.62627/

With the leader board here are the splits logged for the best lap or are they the best split times across various laps?

D Coanda Audi R8 LMS Evo (2019) 0:38.226 - 0:55.614 - 0:26.883 - 2:01.104 +0.858

If they are the splits for the best lap then these add up to 2:00.723 and not 2:01.104..
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the splits are your best sectors not the best lap. The way the server pumps out results is a bit awkward or at least was in earlier builds. Steve may be able able to to fix this the if the results file is improved in how it handles sectors and best laps.
    Coanda likes this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Would be handy to see theoretical best lap based on the best sectors like we use to with stracker for AC
    Coanda likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I think the sectors in the table here are actually the best sectors (by accident, not design) - I was going to fix that but forgot about it. Would therefore be easy to add best theoretical lap - gimmie an hour!
    krunch and Coanda like this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

OK Have renamed the columns and added a theoretical best lap. I also think I may have worked out a way to get the actual sectors from the real best lap, but no promises - will work on it for a bit now see how I go.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I suspect that they are also invalid sectors however, at least I hope so as the only way I can imagine some of the sector 2 splits at the top is if they went straight over skyline and missed the turn there. :rolleyes:

If all sectors were from valid laps only then it would be nice to have a theoretical best lap shown too but with invalid sectors it tells you not much. Also the sectors don't really mean that much as certain sectors may be much faster then possible in an overall lap either due to a draft or very different aero setup.

If we could see the best sectors for fastest laps that would be nice, valid theoretical best is also interesting even if most likely its not a realistic possible lap time.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

OK I think I worked it out - take a look at that and let me know if it doesn't add up or if it is hard to understand WTF is happening.
    Coanda likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Possibly but I think that these are filtered out as there is another flag for invalidLap = 0 or 1. Would need to do some screening of the data, and if not I can probably use that flag to discount those with a bit of jiggery pokery
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

looks even better Steve.. :thumbsup:
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe I was wrong and they are valid sector times :eek: I thought the 911 was good over the top but its down 4 tenths there to Andy. Seems he added some downforce which is how you get a time at Bathurst at least if you have some speed to burn. 911 has neither the power or the downforce here so its basically a piece of :poop::roflmao:

Good to see at least who is pretty much at their limit with lap and overall best sectors, shows in reality how far off the pace I am here even if the actual position on the board hides this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Sunday morning brain juice.. I'm trying to remember my ATM pin code and your writing HTML/JS/XML.. :D
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

D Coanda Audi R8 LMS Evo (2019) 0:38.271 / 0:38.379 - 0:55.614 / 0:55.455 - 0:26.889 / 0:27.177 - 2:00.774 / 2:01.011 +0.765

I am a little confused by one thing though.. Split #2 shows a slower time for my best vs my actual.. Why is that?
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I don't think the best sectors are necessarily correct as I am sure I have had faster sectors in that server, may need steve to have a look at that to see where its getting best sectors from.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

The timing system in ACC can not be trusted 100% which is a concern.. Too many times I have seen -0.15 on the LCD/RL/Delta then crossed the line and the lap is +0.05..
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

The sector times aren't necessarily all from the same lap. It shows your absolute best sector times for each sector, certainly a method only Kunos would think is a good idea :D

As for the delta issue @Coanda, it has always been like this. The feeling I get is that there is some smoothing applied to what you see on screen (notice how it doesn't go berserk constantly around 0.000 delta). It seems more of an issue when there is time loss/gain in the last turn, is close to the 0.000 mark +- a small amount, particularly when the last turn is really close to the timing line. I haven't noticed anything to suggest that the actual logged lap times are incorrect/inconsistent though.
    Coanda likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the laptimes are correct but the actual delta etc is pretty screwed up in general, Kunos has never had delta, sector times, statistics etc as a strong point. Thats why we used Stracker in AC as it actually did things properly but sadly kunos never hired that guy who could have finally fixed one of the Kunos weakest points.

Just take an example of live gaps on the MFD, these move up and down by big margins over a lap and once someone passes a sector line they are shown as a lap ahead of everyone else not yet passed this but still on the same lap. It would actually be hard to write such code on purpose I think. :roflmao:
    Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

It might be rude to suggest this however being PC was never my strength.. Personally I feel they could do with one more "Minolin type" developer to help out with these sorts of things..
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

They’ll get to it eventually, they have a much better business now than with AC - sim racing is growing, going to console adds loads of potential customers so hopefully they can increase their resources a little. At the moment I reckon they are doing a pretty stellar job with such a small team