ACC Help a slow bloke...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by Wally, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Ain't that the truth. I find it really hard to put these ideas into practice on the track, when I have to unlearn years of bad habits.
    Rolz and andyo450 like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I agree here big time Wally... the unlearning is the hardest especially when it's in the muscle memory
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Probably my biggest tip to getting faster is use the delta, I rarely use motec though for some that may be of more benefit especially as here comparing to others.

For me I focus on where I am gaining or losing the most in terms of consistancy, usually this is a tricky entry where a tiny error could cost a few tenths by the next brake point. If I am unable to consistantly nail the apex then I will just back off a little on entry until I can. Here I will know I have some time in hand but a touch earlier braking may only be .05 where being a couple meters deep can be .5 lost, it seems silly to push such a corner especially in a race where losing .5 a few times in the race wont be made up even if nailing it every other time in the race. Even in qualy I tend to be slower because I often over drive these sections looking for the last tenth and throwing away much more.

Nailing apexes and maximizing exits is my biggest focus, adjusting line and reference points to where I can hit these pretty much every lap. I know where there may be small gains but with added risk and in a race/qualy thats a choice you need to make depending on the current situation.

I really dont dig deep into setup looking for time mostly make my base and experiment with aero levels/balance to see what gives me more confidence to push harder. I do test to see if less aero is faster, which wasnt really the case at most tracks this season in the 911.

Running longer stints not focusing on single lap pace teaches me much more then trying to stick a 1 in 10 overcommited hotlap, those laps mean little to me if I cant repeat them easily enough and its more agressive then I would even likely run a qualy lap.

Racing others teaches me much more then running solo, thats where I dont really like the hotlap server. Also running different grip levels and feeling the grip makes those low fuel laps better as you feel the extra grip. Focusing purely on low fuel hotlaps mean very little in a season, no points are given in qualy and even end of lap 1 positions rarely reflect the end race result. Avoiding damage and keeping it clean will give much better race results and my hotlap pace at that point means nothing even if I push just as hard most laps in a race as I do in qualy.

Thats where you really need that consistancy and precision and where I was clearly lacking against Andy who made less mistakes then I did in most races I was close enough to see him.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    LuciuxNexx, krunch, andyo450 and 3 others like this.