GTS S17 - End of Season Pace

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So as an added bonus, here are the Season 17 pace breakdown and overall Pace for all of GTS.

WARNING - Download the file from Google Drive, Excel online doesn't like Pivots..
    Season 17 pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13xYwcJnJpy1IGflJEwZu0bePc4toDhZ4/view?usp=sharing
    Overall Pace
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=113001223374499846937&rtpof=true&sd=true

How to use
    Don't be daunted by the sheer amount of data, we can trim that down.
    Using the drop down arrow above the driver name in the chart itself, choose the Select All option which will unselect everyone. Now just scroll through the list to find the drivers you would like to compare too. Select as many as you would like.
    Example
    [​IMG]

What does it mean & How is the data obtained
    First up, the second question.
    I take the FL and RT from the Fastest Lap data we obtain and break each time down to milliseconds using some Excel wizardary. I then compare those numbers to the Fastest achieved on the night. This gives you a figure.
    The closer you are to 1 the faster you are.

You've linked 2 files, what's the second one for
    That Overall Pace file stores ALL Seasons of GTS data, allowing to see how you are going over your racing career. Obviously you know if you are doing well in a certain car, etc. But this allows you to compare to other drivers and see the good or bad in a pretty little chart.

Why?
    I like data. I offered Hat and co my assistance in an attempt to even out the divisions so that the competition could be closer. I've in the past solely used the Overall pace to initially place racers, alongside the promotion / regulation system, however over the last couple of seasons I decided to change things up a bit and only choose cars of the type we are using (GR4, N400, etc) to seed the divisions better. There was a pretty big shakeup in divisions 2 - 4, which I believe led to some closer racing.
    This season however we decided to again refine our qualification system, based off of the actual pace in the season car from the R1Q session. This led to some very interesting placements and with the benefit of hindsight, it needs some tweaking (of which we'll do for future seasons). As you can see, this is a constantly evolving beast, but we are trying to get it as close as possible. Given the above, we'll trim back the importance of the R1Q so that we don't get a super un-balanced division where drivers of a lower division are placed out of their depth based on the sheer luck of a good qualification.

Personally
    With the changes to how the divisions were seeded, combined with the Round 1 Qualifying (with me staying in D2, once again :) ) the competition was going to be interesting with the few people I knew. This season we were racing another road car and a N200 at that, which just brings the competition closer together. We however had compressed divisions due to waning interest and GT7 on the horizon. It is almost XMAS as well. With both of these taken into consideration, we made some over riding decisions to place racers and almost got it right (top of D2 & D3 was a league in front of the lower half).

With that said, D2 had the largest amount of podium winners by a country mile this year, followed by D1 and then D3. D2 was mostly a very even division and a telling sign of a even division is the sheer amount of Podium winners. Like I mentioned above, it is constantly evolving and we might have an idea of a decent system by GT7 :D

I had set myself 2 goals this season.
    1. To continue to improve my pace and stay below the '20' figure. I managed to stay under 20, which was good considering I had a couple of bad races.
    2. Aim for at least a couple of podiums.

I have now managed to stay under '20' for several seasons now, perhaps I should aim for '15'.
    I managed a couple of podiums, 3 to be precise, including 1 win!!!. Very happy to have done that.
    A highlight was pipping @Ben Campbell at Brands Hatch. That 50 lap endurance race was epic mate!!

Another highlight was Willow Springs once again. That round 1 battle with @emmo and @Peter Pan was something I won't forget in a hurry.

The regulations this season were a little nicer with slightly better tyre wear. This enabled a possible leg up over the always consistent tyre conserver @emmo

Anyhow, if you have any questions, fire away.

Bonus info :)
    So, a few seasons ago, I believe it was @@CaptainRisky21 who had mentioned that there was a small group of racers who have competed in EVERY season of GTS.
    This is them.
    [​IMG]

PS - No more s/sheets from me until next Season now.
    Anyhow see you next season.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Matthyus why is my data so bad for the SF19?
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This is why
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/ind...-season-10-division-1.3937/page-6#post-205101
    You either parked up or were very slow (likely the former based on your lap times).
    Lapped drivers have their FL x laps lapped added to the fastest time.
    In this case 9 x 2:10 = ~19 minutes
    50 minutes plus 19 minutes = 1h 09m really rough maths, but you get the idea.

If we remove that value, you'd end up with a 1.017 value for the season.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    My average of 2 spins per race sure influenced my pace in the M3.
  5. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Looks like I'm fairly stagnant. :) Maybe we can use the five of us as the blue chip benchmark instead of the fastest in the race.
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Stagnant is such a bad word. Let's use Consistent :)
    A 2nd benchmark. 1 against the aliens another against us mere mortals?
    emmo46 likes this.