GT7 Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    But rolling starts mean everyone’s spread apart and this track is already a hard to overtake
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Rolling start would have to be manual, double file, following a full formation lap
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Grid start without the false start check was working fine, it was just the lag that was the problem last night
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, same for some of the rooms I was in. Beats in particular was jumpy, at one stage as he was following close behind his car noises were way out of sync with what his car was doing visually.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Does the console of the host or everyone else in the room have much to do with it?
    I.e. were most people on PS5/PS4 or a pretty even split?
  6. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I was also seeing cars going over the hill with no weels on the ground like a hovèr car. Also some laps in a periodic race the grip was completely gone. At the time i was wondering if i had a hover car.
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    No idea sorry, we had a friends only room with just easy and naacs to begin with and it was very laggy, we went through numerous public rooms hosted by different people(most if not all Australian) and the lag was the worst I've ever seen. With one race in a public room I hosted with something like 12 starters, it was impossible to have a decent race because everyone was glitching and cars were just going everywhere. If Sunday is as bad as last night, it will be impossible
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Are 'Sport' lobbies fine?
  9. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    all , we tried a normal grid start last night on multiple occasions and it was fine..once you select "false grid start" we are all in a world of upset and pain.... I strongly suggest we consider a normal start.
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    From the YouTube streams I occasionally watch, they seem to be fine.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just tried a couple of Sport races and no issues
  12. Rangeraus

They still have the occasional issue but are much more reliable than lobbies at the moment

I could be wrong, but... my understanding is that:
    Championship races are still on hosted servers;
    Daily Races are P2P, but the player base is split by console, so PS5 players will only end up in races with other PS5 players (same deal with PS4-PS4);
    Whereas lobbies are P2P, and have both PS5 and PS4 players

For what it's worth, someone on Twitter found out that additional lobby features are in the game but are currently hidden, which may suggest there are issues making it work for cross-platform usage.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    If we need to cancel on the night due to server issues, maybe we could test this by splitting into Ps4 and PS5 subgroups and see if we can get a decent test race working just for :):):):)s and giggles?
  14. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    It’s so random. I normally don’t jump about but last night I apparently hit 3 people and in my car/view, I was giving them room.
    It creates angst in the room as well because people would assume you hit them intentionally or didn’t leave room. Unfortunately I did make a small error in judgment and ruined a great race @Easyprey007 and I were having. :(
  15. Rangeraus

I would rather know tonight so I can practice for TGR cup instead of a ROOZ race which may or may not go ahead
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: Mount Panorama - S05 Misty, Cloudless and Sunny - Late Morning - 20 Laps - 5/6
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 1 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Because we cannot change room settings or reset the room, please do not run any laps until the room captain gives the go ahead for qualifying to begin.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

RACE START SETTING :
    There have been lots of issues recently surrounding false start check and an inconsistent ‘lights out’ point for the grid.
    Room Captains are encouraged to use false start check if possible (test this in a practice start prior to qualifying), Failing that

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are on so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - MOUNT PANORAMA:
    A RaceOnOz season is never complete without Bathurst (so some say). Be aware that there is a huge lack of overtaking areas and utmost respect should be given at the top of the mountain to ensure any left field overtaking maneuvers come off without someone ending up in the wall. There are no areas of concern for track limits at Mount Panorama (Except straight lining after skyline).
    Hatfield, Peersy and Aiden_1120 like this.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    T-GT has the same feel as driving with the PS controller now, no chance of being able to do a lap around Bathurst like it is for me
    Noremac likes this.
  18. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Some good mods to get feeling back. Have a look online. Some good setups using advanced settings on the wheel
  19. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Could you post a link?
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 4 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FL
    [​IMG]
    Ian Cannan, Hatfield and ADZA_85 like this.