GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I use chase cam = massive cheater
  2. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Cheats !
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Just saw the demo loop on a screen at EB and I have to say it looks stunning. No matter what the game play ends up like, you can always count on kazoo delivering a beautiful looking game.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    seth123 likes this.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    surprise surprise... :rolleyes:
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Probably took note of everyone commenting about the physics being GT6 all over again.

Coming from Forza 2/3 on Xbox to GT5/6, my impression of GT has been that realistic physics and FFB have been a low priority, and it is a worry if that still remains the case with GTS.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That helps a bit I guess, would have been nice to screw around anyway in the meantime but good point
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Killercarlcox69 this means you owe everyone a bottle of rum going from my very generous bet yesterday in the shout box !!!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    My money is on it being delayed so that it can take advantage of the new hardware in the upcoming PlayStation 4.5 and possibly being a launch title for it.
  12. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    What was that you said i missed it !:thumbsdown:
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    RUM RUM BUY EVERYONE
  14. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I want to know what the bet was . I think i know . Stu bet everyone that I was a bigger dickhead than him AND HE LOST .
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no we all know that, its a given.....the bet was you left testical was now hanging lower than your left eye and your eyesight was returning slowly with the warmer weather :roflmao::roflmao:
  16. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Cockeyed
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i made a bet in the shoutbox that there no chance of GTS hitting the shelves on time, said that if it is delayed you would shout every member a bottle of your home made finest ....
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Argh, whatever just make with the rum ya pansies
    SPL Racing, VARDZ, SuiCid3 and 2 others like this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    My mate put me on to this, and below this article is a link to gtplanet confirmation
    Gran Turismo Sport Bites the Dust?
    September 5, 2016 ~
    [​IMG]Maybe it’s time to get back on the Microsoft bandwagon. With Forza Horizon 3 quickly approaching, and a slew of supporting racers rounding out what is a growing library of worthwhile Xbox One games, Polyphony Digital have instead began the process of refunding users who have pre-ordered Gran Turismo Sport. Only a few short days ago Kazunori Yamauchi announced the ambitious PlayStation 4 title would be pushed back until sometime in 2017, but it appears this was only the first step in what could possibly be a full-scale meltdown for the franchise.

Gran Turismo Sport was intended to be an iRacing-like experience built for the mainstream audience of the PlayStation 4. Even though much-requested features such as an in-depth livery editor would finally land in the simulator after years of popularity in the Forza Motorsport franchise, the core experience in Gran Turismo Sport was said to abandon the traditional car-collecting meta-game in favor of events conducted under a set of hardcore auto racing rules and regulations. It sounded really :):):):)ing sweet on paper, and though some scoffed at what Kaz had been trying to do with the FIA partnership – implement a virtual racing license – the decision for Polyphony to move Gran Turismo in a new direction seemed very promising.

GT Planet is reporting those who pre-ordered Gran Turismo Sport have received a very unique message on their PlayStation 4 dashboard today, indicating Polyphony Digital have refunded their purchase of Gran Turismo Sport. This potentially displays a very serious problem is occurring with the development of the game. Traditionally, when most video games are delayed for a period longer than six months, a customer’s purchase is not refunded, and their pre-order remains intact – though it obviously pisses off the customer who was eagerly anticipating the game. In this situation however, such a fundamental change has taken place behind the scenes in regards to GT Sport, mass automated refunds are taking place. You don’t have to be a genius to realize that’s not a good sign.

[​IMG]

The long-term ramifications this may have on the Franchise could possibly spell disaster for Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital. After starting a cult phenomenon with the first four entries in the Gran Turismo series, lengthy delays and underwhelming releases highlighted the fifth and sixth iterations of Gran Turismo on the PlayStation 3. Many fans were put off at the lack of cohesion found in both games, and despite each offering loaded to the brim with cars and tracks, hardcore fans discovered numerous features and oddities announced during development were nowhere to be found. As if their hopes and dreams weren’t already crushed enough, Gran Turismo 5, as well as Gran Turismo 6, relied on outdated PS2 car models to significantly boost the vehicle roster in a way which was actually counterproductive to the overall experience. This “third strike” may be enough to put the franchise firmly in the rear-view mirror.

https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-is-cancelling-digital-pre-orders-for-gt-sport/