GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Is there a list of engine/car compatibilities somewhere? I've whacked a Civic engine in my Mini and the Porsche engine in my beetle...does that also work for the Kombi van?
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    leeboy910 likes this.
  3. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    GT-R engine in a Lancia Delta Integrale?!? Sounds like fun!!
    I maxxed out the Mini...it now has over 500 horsepower and weighs about 600kg...LOL
    Definitely going the 2JZ in the Yaris as well LMAO
    KoAStR likes this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hahah nice must be tyre shredder!! Even with just 348 BHP and an LSD my mini spins up through 5th!
    The LT5 (C7) in the C3 corvette is a great drive with just body mods, sports tyres and stage 1 weight reduction. Stock suspension is fun and not a bad balance.
    [​IMG]
    leeboy910 and Hatfield like this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The next great discoveries...

Rotary swapped Eunos '89 MX-5. Stock suspension or tuned (so far tuned up to 600pp) and it's a dream, especially with a racing clutch so it responds well to flat shifting!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gt7/user/discover/search/car_style/19422540202559257

For those looking for just the 4 star tickets, I also found that I can claim another one of these after claiming any other ticket (not just another extra menu). So... log in claim an extra menu 4 star, then go for a drive and claim your daily marathon, and you'll be able to head back to the cafe for another 4 star from the extra menu. Not exactly a grind but turning an extra 2 x star tickets per day 'aint a bad racket! Or more if you have other menu items still left to do.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Matthyus, stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ermagherd this LS9'd TransAm is a dream to drift! And the exhaust upgrade note is spectacular. Just add steering adapter.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    That track is great fun for drifting! It's a shame there's no online drifting trial or something, need someone to compete against
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx

Gran Turismo Sophy - Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge - Nürburgring Nordschleife
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    LOL, just dropping wheels on the grass with no slip at all, cutting corners for fun...
    stucar17, Dash_Vanguard and KoAStR like this.
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Has anyone set up a ps4 Pro to remote play from PS5 before?
    What were your experiences? Would it work well for playing GT7 online with some of the guys here or would there be too much lag etc ?

I ask as my sim racing chair has been moved to another room at the insistence of the missus and whilst I can move the PS5 if I have to in order to set it up in the same room as the chair when wanting to jump on GT7, I would prefer if I can leave it where it is so I don't have to handle it often and just stream to it if it's a viable option.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Wouldnt be worth the latency, just move it or download a copy to your PS4
  12. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Cheers, yeah already went ahead and just downloaded it on the PS4 so will use that instead for the next season.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Just discovered quite by accident through fiddling around with RWD tube for the Quattro that the handbrake torque distribution seemingly varies with 4wd centre diff torque distribution. Seems weird at first, especially since it behaves differently to dirt, but if the centre diff is locking I suppose it makes sense.

50:50 makes the handbrake almost ineffective at initiating a slide, but anything less and it steps out relatively easily especially on sport tyres.

P.S higher front diff lock seems to increase sensitivity to torque distribution, which stacks up with a centre diff locking effect.

Happy days off to drift tune some hill climb cars now!
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I,'m fed up with my ongoing fluttering G29 throttle problem and it is going in the bin. What is the best wheel for GT7 on PS4 and PS5
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Depends on how much you want to spend.

My wife just spent $1500 on my setup.
    $1200 on the new wheel (GT DD PRO)
    $300 on a new stand as the Direct Drive is very heavy and required a new stand.

The DD PRO is a very good step up from the G29 (what I replaced) due to the same issue you were having
    The improvement in accelerator & wheel precision is supreme compared to the G29.

I'd recommend it if you have the $$$.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    emmo46 and KoAStR like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, does it have a clamp?
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sure does.
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    fluttering as in it won't stay flat on, or it comes on when not being pressed? (if it's the former, in-game options can fix that)
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Dirty pots most likely. Contact cleaner can help. A new DD PRO definitely would!
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    thanks, I'll give that a try, I have been opening it up and vacuuming but I cna see that the contact cleaner is a better idea. I have been crossing the clutch pots over when necessary until that fails then buying new g29s. I have gone through about 5.
    Matthyus likes this.