ACC FunRun01 2020 - Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi All,
    I'm just going to set up a Mondays Fun Run 2x 30min races up until the DLC drops (keep that night booked)
    Will get a server up tonight so ppl can practice
    Ideally if you could select another car to the one that you ran in Season01 that would be great, but I'm not going to come down on you if you don't... Just maybe a good opportunity to learn another car under fun instances.
    Will post something more formal once I get server up and running!
    Need to refresh on process since it's been @marty that ran all of Season01
    Frostwa, Coanda, marty and 3 others like this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thoughts on what we are racing? I’ll probably go with random cars for the fun runs. Some single make races could also be interesting
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Would be great to do a fixed car race - maybe something that doesn't get a lot of love? I enjoyed the fun runs with the Lambo ST, NSX and the Porsche Cup cars. The Nissan didn't get a look in during the season...could be a fun option?

If not that - I'm gonna give a few others cars a go (Merc, Porsche GT3, Vantage and Lexus most likely as I have not really driven these).
    Godzilla likes this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Kind of forgot the GTR existed...
    Will give it a run on a fun run, keen to try the V8 Aston as well, maybe the Lexus as well
  5. Rolz

yea def have a look again at a single make race... @marty did kunos fix it so we could enforce or is that still on the wish list?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was added as an SP option in the latest build, I didnt see a way to do it for mp yet. Possibly it may have snuck in to the admin handbook and I missed it so best to check that.

A bit OT here is the snow forecast for where I am going. :eek::p
    [​IMG]
    krunch and Frostwa like this.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

If I'm able to make it on Monday I'll run something different from the Boatley. I'm so used to front-engined cars and managing their turn in I might go for something mid-engined. I'll try not to spend the entire race facing the wrong way :rolleyes:
  8. Rolz

I'll be giving the Merc a go :D
  9. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

If you want to try something spicy, try the Hurracan Evo
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

What track are you thinking of Rolz?
  11. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

13. Rolz

Hey fellas, will be Nurburgring tonight... I won' tbe able to race as my study is a sweat box... hasn't come down from 32deg yet... and will only go higher if I do any racing :cry:
    Will reset server01 around 8pm AEDT if ppl are about so that we're have about 30min prac and then into 10min qual 30min race and repeat...
    Thankfully weather is set to cool down for Wednesday otherwise I'd be looking to make some cool suit like @krunch was running :roflmao:
    krunch, nanlatt and Wally like this.
  14. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Mate I'm happy to work out a licencing deal for the plans of the Esky Sim Cooler! Speshal proice juss for yoo! :sneaky:

BTW how cool was it to watch Bentley win the 12 hour! I felt like I was almost part of the team :roflmao:
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Rolz

I must admit this year the Bathurst 12hr was the first time I was so much more informed and engaged to how it all works... made it that much more enjoyable! :)
    Wally, krunch, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  16. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Tried out my cheapo lenovo vr again so I was a bit wonky also miss judging distances (sorry Mael), great race though. Second race I tried to make some blind set up chages and screwed the handling up, big tank slapper through the fast chicken and wiped out Beller, sorry mate
  17. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

All good mate was having a good race trying to catch you. I have the same VR headset as you. Im still finding hard to use so only use it in single player atm. I find the stuff in the distance are blurry, What are your thoughts?
  18. Rolz

Hey all! Well DLC has dropped so Bathurst will be on tonight! :D
    Will again just have 2x30min races... One during the day and one just has to be at night... I really can't wait to experience that!
    Will have prac open from about 8pm AEDT with first Qual around 8:45pm AEDT
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sucks I am gonna miss this - but probably good for you guys as I have never driven Bathurst at all !
    Bueller and nanlatt like this.
  20. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

After using a crisp 3440x1440p vr (lenovo one) is a bit of a let down visually but immersion kinda makes up for it, especially for instance when looking to apex and beyond in nurbs turn 1 for example. I couldn't get it working with acc until now, ac pc2 and iracing were fine though. I want to give it a go for a while and to see if it would be worth it to upgrade to the hp reverb, apparently it's a better visually though I've read the issues (blurriness) with acc vr is more to do with the game engine?? idk?
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020