EMMO

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, May 23, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Emmo, the human calculator of the ROOZ site !!!

Emmo's ROOZ career started back in Season 10, racing the RX7, in Division 4. It certainly didn't take him long to make his presence felt, taking 2nd in his first race at trial mountain, going one better in the next round at Indy Road taking his first ROOZ win. He only finished off the podium once in the season and was crowned the Div 4 champion. It was clear that Emmo was a super clean and fair driver, something that impressed all that raced him.

In season 11 (TVR), Emmo was promoted to Division 3, racing against some of the faster guys like TB, Stumbles, S_Close and Disturboed to name but a few. He certainly proved his place by taking second in his first race at Rome, followed by 2 third places later in the season. This was enough to secure 3rd in the championship, another great effort.

Season 12 saw him promoted to Division 2, where he found the NSX a little tougher, finishing 8th overall with a best finish of 5th at Tokyo.

Season 13 saw the addition of classes to the Sunday leagues due to the decline in driver entries, and Emmo lined up in Class A in Division 2. Podiums in the first 2 races were the highlights, and he finished the season in 4th outright.

The first GT6 season saw Emmo line up in the BRZ on the Div 4 grid, and his reputation for driving clean, but making it hard to pass helped him to yet another season end podium position. 3 podiums saw him finish ahead of seasoned drivers like Disturboed and DEKgt5mad.

On top of the regular league races Emmo has been active in other race series, including the mid week NASCAR series, Kart series, RX7 touring car series, state of origin and organizing series like "German on the mount" to name but a few.

On top of all the track time Emmo has, he is always willing to help out with the ladders, and after spending a season or two of correcting many of my regular stuff ups in them, he was keen to take over and has done a great job of keeping score for us, but also of collating the lap times for us all to compare where we stand in the big picture.

His work and enthusiasm over the last 12 months hasn't gone unnoticed by the mod team, or the members, and is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Emmo, you are now a Super-ROOZ member, congratulations.
    Easyprey007, emmo46, fRZn and 11 others like this.
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Congrats Emmo!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Totally deserved mate, well done!
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Congrats mate!
    emmo46 likes this.
  5. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Well done emmo you do a great job and deserve to be a Super-ROOZ member but do not think i am going to back off and let you passed
    just cause you are a Super- ROOZ:p:D:D
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    We started on season 10 together and he was a reference on the track, definitely the guy to beat.
    He's one of the nicest guys you'll meet in ROOZ and a real asset to the league (but a hard nut to crack if he's comfortable in his drive).
    Congratulations mate, can't think of someone else that deserves this more than you.
    emmo46, Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  7. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Could not agree more. think i described him a 'wolf in sheeps clothing' once and he is starting to get his race craft
    sharpened. Well deserved mate :)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    emmo46, S_CLOSE and stucar17 like this.
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Emmo, well deserved mate!
    emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Congratulations Emmo, you've earned it mate.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Congratulations mate. 1/3 of the Three Amigos (emmo, myself and S_CLOSE) we all started together season 10 and followed each other up the ranks until Serge started to turn alien and left us behind.

Runs great side-series' and would even supply the car if you didn't have one so you wouldn't be left out.

My stand out moment with emmo was early in our ROOZ careers when I started doing full reports in our div thread, and I forgot to save the replay. We tried about 5 times to send it via the inter-web to no avail, so emmo whacked it on a USB and posted it off, refusing any form of compensation or return of the USB. That's just the kind of guy he is

Great with the figures, and we always have great battles when we're together on the track.

Once again, congrats and welcome to the ranks of Super-ROOZ.
    emmo46, Anon666, Clevohead and 2 others like this.
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Congrats Emmo!
    As a relative newbie to ROOZ I've been fortunate enough to drive in Div 4 with you and during GT6 season 1 we've had some great battles (usually with you coming out on top), but I can attest to the solid race craft and clean driving you portray when on track and amongst the field.
    To date, my most memorable battles with you have been during Anon's Econobox Cup - we certainly had some ding dong battles with one another, and this seems to traverse into any other challenges we both seem to enter.

Enjoy your Super-ROOZness and I look forward to many, many more enjoyable battles with you in the future! :)
    emmo46, Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  12. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    congrats emmo welcome to the club
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done Emmo. Greatly deserved. All the extra effort is much appreciated by the staff - wear the badge with pride young man!!
    emmo46 and Clevohead like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Aw Shucks:rolleyes:, all this fun and accolades as well, bargain. I can only echo a lot of your sentiments, I have thoroughly enjoyed the competitive but friendly atmosphere here and hope to have many more battles in the future, The three amigos were new recruits to Div 4 for season 10 in GT5 and we formed a friendly rivalry that has persisted through the ensuing seasons, It always gladdens me to see my amigos do well, I give them no room on track though and accept they do the same for me. That adds a flavour to the racing.
    Since then I have met many more great racers as I moved up and down through the Divs and look forward to racing all of them each week. Doogs has been a combatant of late that I look forward to racing with whenever I get a chance, He has the Macca better tamed than I do but we get together in other series and have a great time. One of the cleanest and fairest I have come across is Joe, whenever we get together I give him my best defensive moves and we just seem to find room for each other whatever the situation.
    Sorry for the long wind, I just want to finish by saying I am thrilled to be given this honour by such a great group of people.