Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 9: Group B RWD Madness

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    Last night I did the 9 stages back to back.
    After spending a couple of stages trying to remember how to drive a rally car, I spent the rest of the rally to hold off a gaining Jonny, and secure a second place behind Koastr, until I had a full-on Austin Powers moment on stage 9...
    [​IMG]
    Well done to Koastr and Jonny! Looks like MSR may slip past me onto the podium this rally too... :D
    KoAStR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Oooh, behave! :laugh:
    KoAStR and Mike--ekiM like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice pace mate pity about the slipping out of the groove baby! I did the stages back to back as well. It got very sweaty :D
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  4. msgofast

msgofast New Recruit

You got me, rushed the last 4 stages, son broke my wheel last week, borrowed one off a mate to finish tonight, rwd sux :p
    KoAStR very impressed with those times, do you do any full size motor sports?
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate. Only ever dabbled in full-size motorsports with a couple of hot laps type things (tarmac and rally), Kart days, paddock or windy hills road thrash. Would love to get involved with regular motorsport one day, maybe when kids are older and funds a freed up!

I love RWD and used to do alot of drift sessions in AC. Those skills definitely help for these windy loose surface RWD rally events
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Maybe I'll need to give drifting a go one day, something I've never really tried properly. I know that @Mike--ekiM is also a keen drifter which shows in the DR2 leaderboards also. Just gotta link these videos you made Mike from GTS as they are freaking awesome! :) :thumbsup:

Mike--ekiM and KoAStR like this.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Very Nice. Here's one I made years ago when first getting into it. The in-car wheel animation is 1:1 with my inputs which is kinda neat.

8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looks like a hoot! :thumbsup:
  9. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Anyone prepared to share tuning tips for Greece? I've put a bit of practice in today playing with some settings, but interested to hear everyone's thoughts on lock vs open differentials.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Oh and it's a nightmare with rocks and lack of crash barriers
  11. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just put on softs and go for me. Steering rotation at 540 degrees. I don't know much about this tuning wizardry sorry.
  12. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Pretty sure I can't change my wheel rotation. I'm on an old tr500 thrustmaster
  13. msgofast

msgofast New Recruit

Don't leave it too long to get into it, once you get over 40 you lose 1sec /km/yr age :)
    I have been rallying for over 17 yrs, i started with rwd s12 silvia for 1-2 yrs, then awd subaru, i wish i was as fast as i was lol

sparklehead83 i found for me next to no lockup at all, on power or brakes, but full preload gives better drive out of corners and keeps it straighter on decel, my driving style maybe not fastest, but i like the rotation of the car done on entry.
    search MSRengineering on youtube.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    KoAStR, Mike--ekiM and Anthonyb like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Mode button and 3 clicks to the right should cycle through 270, 360 & 540 degrees on most Thrustmaster wheels I thought
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I
    I generally run the diff decel lock on the high side. Will let you know what I have or end up on for Greece.
  16. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    You can adjust steering degrees of rotation in game, very useful.
    I use a T300RS. I leave the wheel base at its default rotation of 1080 degrees.
    Then in game I go to Options & Extras > Input > Thrustmaster T300RS > Advanced Settings > then turn Steering Saturation down to 50% (50% of 1080 degrees is 540 degrees). You can adjust to whatever percentage suits you:
    [​IMG]
    You then need to turn Soft Lock to 'Off'. Soft Lock is supposed to automatically adjust the degrees of rotation to match the car, but I find it's often wrong (I'm on Playstation, not sure about PC or Xbox) so I turn it off and use the Saturation setting to adjust degrees of rotation manually:
    [​IMG]
    Now you can set your wheel to whatever degrees of rotation you like, it will apply to every car, and the force feedback should act as a bump stop at the ends of your chosen rotation :D
    sparklehead83 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  17. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Nice one, I'll try that this afternoon
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  18. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    Greece was going well for about 3 minutes until I clipped a rock and got a puncture on stage 1. Beware the deceptive crests, rocky edges and undulations! I had a server error in between stages, but it just fixed my car (server didn't receive damage data) and kept the stage time! After narrowly avoiding a couple of cliff sends, championship complete. It's always a journey with Dirt Rally :laugh:
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Some pretty tightly contested spots at Monte Carlo despite the unpredictable surface conditions. Nice work
    [​IMG]
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I started Greece and lost the front left rubber on stage 1 lol. Maybe this wasn't the time to try the BMW M1.
    Anyway, love the sound of it and I'm getting some nice turns so that feels good.
    Too many reset penalties so far unfortunately, but apart from that wheel, no other major damage issues... still half a rally to go though
    KoAStR likes this.