Cross Platform Australian Dirt Rally 2.0 Club • GENERAL DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I entered despite not playing any DR2 in many months..
    Was very cautious with hardcore damage and got through stage 1 unscathed only getting stuck on an incline after an off costing me a handful of time having the FWD pull me back on course.
    2nd stage was my worst of 4, front puncture early on after pinging off a gate costing me the 1 minute tyre change, then picked up a rear puncture a bit later which while more tolerable than a front puncture i still felt like i was driving on ice not gravel also got beached and had to call for another recovery.
    3rd stage went smooth except slightly overshooting a hairpin and picking up a forced 10 second penalty.
    Stage 4 also was mostly fine but got a bit off line and had a small head on with a tree which did in the radiator and had to call on the recovery gods to pull me out.
    Happy to finish after stage 2, had fun though as i enjoy the f2 kit cars.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, stage 1 started off well.... and then stage 2 came along. A puncture early on, put it in the ditch and then a second puncture half way through without another spare, so crawled around with no front left tyre to hobble home. Stage 3 and 4 were okay, but the damage was done
    Anthonyb likes this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    It was brutal eh. I got a puncture stage 1. Car was trashed end of stage 2. Quick fixed as much as possible, to enter stage 3 still pretty battered. But some set up adjustments saw me keep it on the road (with just one roll over :roflmao:) from there on in.
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Adding to the list semi-weekly events now; H2 RWD; GrA 4WD and F2 FWD.
    Soooo sticking with the 'hardcore' theme how about we make it code brown in GrB 4WD
    Up now at Poland. same format as last time, 4 stages across 7 days. enjoy.
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So, H3 RWD is it?
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ahaha nice gifs!
    damn I stuffed up. oh well Smurf's already got started on the first 2 stages so will leave it at that for this week.

then go for this again next time
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    H3's are good fun. Got some clean runs in, but my frame rate struggled through the heavily treed sections. Opted for medium's for stages 3 and 4, cause 32 km and didn't want a puncture
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    My frame rate struggles a bit not so much with the trees but when there's additional objects as well, like cars, bails etc (I already have crowd set to off but these remain).

Glad you enjoyed it! They are great fun eh. My favourite class I think, just so raw.

My main goal was to play it cautious over blind humps and avoid (hardcore) damage. It's so easy career off at full speed and take hard hit on a bank or trees. Especially with the relatively high surface degradation making things even more unpredictable. It worked! Had a couple of minor scrapes but no big hits.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Too fast again 1:11 in front over 4 stages! :eek:
    KoAStR likes this.
  11. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Thought I'd jump in on this casual club you've got going on. I was pretty happy with my times considering I haven't been on much this year, although I lost a rear wheel half way through stage 3 and had to retire unfortunately. I've forgotten how much I enjoy this game, see you next week!
  12. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Well :roflmao:
    Completely trashed the car during shakedowns and had to do a bunch of quick fixes, no biggie as i drove relatively clean until the service area and was able to properly repair a lot of things. Made a mistake and decided hard tyres for the 2 long stages wouldn't be so bad but soon realised I had little to no grip and found myself in a tree with a puncture. Picked up mechanical damage and limped to the finish but stage 4 the engine gave up and had to retire.
    UrsineSaturn9 and KoAStR like this.
  13. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

Hello, is there going to be another championship set up soon?
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yep thanks for the reminder will set one up tomorrow
    AdgeR502, Anthonyb and Kieran_B33 like this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Group B 4WD monsters at USA up now, 4 stages, 7 days! Enjoy :)
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Had an absolute blast! Very sketchy stage 2 with a spin and encounter with a pole, but the rest was okay. Cody servers nearly crapped out on me, but after a few attempts I think I got all the times uploaded.
    stucar17, Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Need to do a little more practice only a couple of mistakes basically 1 big 1 on each stage which hurt me heaps flat tyres no lights for last stage but still great fun.
    stucar17, KoAStR and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  18. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Had a great run in stage 1 only just over a second behind @UrsineSaturn9 but a puncture basically coming out of the start gate on stage 2 ruined the rest of the event. Stage 3 was going well even up after the first split but close to the mid way split i lost the rear and got sent into the fence causing another puncture. Finished stage 4 with engine issues but still managed the 2nd best stage time so far about a dozen seconds off Ursine
  19. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

I had an up and down run, first stage was good second stage had a few offs and got a flat, on one of the night stages crashed and took all my lights out so that made it tough. But was pretty happy with my pace in these monster cars, good fun. I really like the New England stages too. Currently 3rd
  20. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member