PCARS (Completed) V8 SC Offseason Handicapped Racing

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by POPPINFRESH1234, May 29, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

What wheel do you have
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

3. Anthonyb

Sent you my settings on psn messages
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

cheers Ant
  5. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    I'll be doing some practice at Donington tonight if anyone wants to join in.
    Bounty05 and Anthonyb like this.
  6. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Schedule for tonight's racing:

7:10pm - practice lobby open
    8:00pm - 10 minute warm-up session
    8:10pm - 2 x 17 lap races with identical handicaps

Don't forget to check your start/wait time. Tyre wear will be set to slow and there will be no mandatory pit stop. Practice lobby will have tuning disabled this week because there's no need to adjust pit strategy.
    POPPINFRESH1234 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    @v8power383 are you interested in joining us this week? If so you'll need to get your FL to @POPPINFRESH1234 asap, as long as it isn't too late for him to calculate your handicap.
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Try finishing one of these handicapped races in this off season first, then you can comment
    Anthonyb and dj2ca like this.
  9. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    To be blunt, yeah. The guys who are taking off at the green are doing 32's, your FL was a 26, so that's 6 seconds a lap mate. You gonna complain about your handicap every bloody round? It's all just meant to be a bit of fun mate, nobody else is whinging about it. It isn't just about winning, it's about all of the racing that happens before the chequered flag.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Bounty05, Anthonyb and v8power383 like this.
  10. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    sorry guys wont be able to race tonight. Sick in the hospital bed.Hope you all have a good race!
  11. Anthonyb

Hope everything is ok. Get better soon. See you on track. Ant
  12. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Get better soon mate
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    get well soon ford
  14. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Race 1 Results:
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Results:
    [​IMG]

Fastest Lap:
    [​IMG]
    Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  15. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hopefully I'll have my PS4 set before Sunday and wouldn't mind having a run in the V8 if there is room.
    POPPINFRESH1234 likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Had a ball last night the last few laps of race 1 where intense to have so many cars fighting for the same piece of tarmac intense. Race 2 had @dj2ca and myself within .6 or closer for every lap until a small mistake from dj on the second last lap at the end of the back straight letting me past unlucky buddy.
    Great fun thanks heaps everyone congrats to @sandorlink-c @annewa and @arnoldwa on great pace to keep everyone at bay.
    See you on track
    Ant
    dj2ca likes this.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah good fun last night...race was was a case of some good battles coming through the field and a few guys falling off in front ... Had a few laps behind the fat arse of @Winchester Racing again !! Man you need to get to jenny craig ! Wasnt sure what happened with @Anthonyb and @POPPINFRESH1234 on the last lap....i got a great run out of 4 up the hill and ant got a slow run, poppin was up my tail pipe and there was a small amount of contact but not sure on who or how .....

Race 2 i was up to 7th with a great battle brewing as gaz and i ranged up on the front runers, but gaz's net decided to develop tourette's again and gave my car a detour into the T4 boonies...... :):):):) happens....was good fun nonetheless....had a good battle with poppin for a few laps.....had turns 3,4, and 5 side by side with no contact.....its not that hard if you give people room.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Had a heap of fun last night. I didn't think I was gonna catch @arnold watson in the first race but got there eventually. Some really good defensive driving on your part mate, you made it really difficult to pass you, I spent quite a few laps trying to get by, by which time And had caught up to me. I think I finally got past with just one lap to go!

Second race was intense, I had @Anthonyb right on my pipe (0.5) for 16 whole laps! Great pressure Ant, that was really fun. Once again it was Arnold that I had to get by but with two laps to go I gave it too much throttle coming out of the hairpin and ended up facing the wrong way. All in all that was a brilliant race though.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to the enduro at Catalunya next week. Hopefully I don't keep spinning this time around!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Here's my shocker of a night in summary.
    Race 1 - Went way too deep on the first lap at the last turn ended up losing 3 or so spots then it was all down hill from there. Got a few taps, had a few spins, went too deep into some corners, had no pace. Got literally squeezed coming into a corner and was pushed off track, lost another couple of spots (wasn't redressed but I expected that from this particular driver) ended up in last.
    Race 2 - Started ok, although went too deep again and lost 5 spots ?!? Got a couple more taps, ended up retiring after abouut the 8th lap excessive 'push' tactics from a few, and a major lack of interest after falling to the rear once again.
    Sorry but that was an absolute shocker from me.