GT-Sport [Completed] Red Bull Ring 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Bloody tense one. Clear in hindsight that the 2 stop with a big tire save each stint was the way to do things. I can be very happy with a P4 finish considering I managed to not make a major mistake all race. Thought maybe I could hunt down Sidawg for P3 in the closing stages but tires said no lol.

Congrats @Noodles87 on a flawless drive. There'll be a S rating next to your name next time by lol
    razor4797, RidwanF1, Peersy and 2 others like this.
  2. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
  3. RidwanF1

RidwanF1 Rookie

PSN ID
    RidwanF1
    Hey man, you still finished regardless and I respect that a lot, hope you finish higher or have more battles next time.
    Peersy likes this.
  4. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Thanks mate!
    I appreciate your words. I understand @Blunty075 's issue but can't understand why the other guys quit. Maybe I'm still on a high just playing this game with a wheel, so much satisfaction of racing. Can only imagine what a podium would be like against the quick guys. I'll keep at it! Cheers
    razor4797 and RidwanF1 like this.
  5. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I love this one because you have a mix of red, blue, white and black for the majority of the cars, whilst mine sticks out like a sore thumb in yellow and black.:roflmao:

I was really nervous heading into this race with a less than ideal qualifying, hence why I was whinging earlier in the week about my inconvenient situation. I have not raced the Ferrari 458 GT3 for a very long time, and last time I did, I couldn't drive it and kept going off the road. So it's rather ironic that the only time I went of the road in this race was because of Ridwan at Turn 3. A lot of practice and traction control allowed me to get on top of the car and race happily without encountering too much trouble. I was up against it early after being put back to last place on the first lap, but I was able to work my way through the pack as other drivers faltered around me. Soon after my first stop, I found myself in 5th place. However with Speedytyres, Matt and Simon baring down on me, I knew my time there would be limited. They didn't waste time getting past me and I was relegated to 8th. From them on I just focused on my own race. I dropped to 9th behind Ridwan after my last stop, but I was able to get back in front of him after he encountered an issue with fuel. At least that's what it looked like because his pace slowed dramatically with about 3 minutes left. I was pleased with my race, as I barely put a foot wrong and managed to stay within a minute of Noodles. I thought I'd be lapped for sure. 8th may not sound like an excellent result but I had a lot of fun with some of the best online racers in the southern hemisphere. I exceeded my own expectations and that's all I care about.
    Peersy, razor4797, RidwanF1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I was pissed, I wish I could write swear words in here as that is the only way to express how I felt.