GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Bathurst 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, then just tweak the auto gearbox setting to give it some more legs from standard
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Your right, can not remember him doing any tune for Bathurst specifically. He does love nurb, most cars that he states all round tune, he has utilised nurb. Often he will do a specific nurb tune, they are vg at Bathurst.

If Priano has not done all round tune or specific nurb tune for your car, find one that does (and nobody has in your room), and you could ask for a special exemption to change cars from viper.
    Be happy to help you with the gearbox whether you change cars or not.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    BOP ANNOUNCEMENT
    Here is the initial BOP for all cars. This is base BOP meaning you will need to adjust it to your actual BOP using the chart in the OP. Please keep me updated as much as possible via PSN or ROOZ inbox on your best QUALIFYING LAP so we can try keep the BOP as close as possible. Cheers all!

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 106% Power 102% Weight

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12 116% Power 112% Weight

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 96% Power 112% Weight

Audi R8 LMS '15 92% Power 106% Weight

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 107% Power 105% Weight

BMW M6 GT3 Walkenhorst / M Power '16 98% Power 106% Weight

Corvette C7 Gr.3 103% Power 103% Weight

Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 81% Power 99% Weight

Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car 86% Power 108% Weight

Ford Mustang Gr.3 109% Power 100% Weight

Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 117% Power 104% Weight

Jaguar F-Type Gr.3 101% Power 105% Weight

Mazda Atenza Gr.3 113% Power 114% Weight

McLaren F1 GTR-BMW '95 82% Power 111% Weight

McLaren 650S GT3 '15 110% Power 106% Weight

Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3 '16 95% Power 105% Weight

Nissan GTR GT3 Schulze Motorsport '13 109% Power 104% Weight

Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 111% Power 112% Weight

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 109% Power 113% Weight

Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16 105% Power 116% Weight

Subaru WRX Gr.3 113% Power 110% Weight

Toyota FT-1 VGT (Gr.3) 100% Power 100% Weight

Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18 94% Power 107% Weight

Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3 94% Power 116% Weight
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Peersy, Noodles87 and Hatfield like this.
  4. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Also all Driver ratings have been mildly adjusted so please remember to double check everything before you guys get on track.

Happy Tuning!
    Peersy and Noodles87 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I didn’t know race seats and roll cages were made out of concrete
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Surprise, surprise, Apex is back for a long winded whinge, and to request a change of cars.
    I understand there has been a lot of work go into the BOP you have done, this is fine, and a massive effort of hard work I am sure. But I believe car selection should have been done after the BOP you have given. Reasons are transparency, and because you have hit some cars so hard with your formula, you have changed their characteristics, or the reason they were chosen under the GTS BOP. This massive change, can effect the ease of obtaining a tune, as most are done to GTS BOP.
    My favorite Gr3 car to drive for pleasure, pace and consistency at Bathurst is the VW Beetle.
    I chose the Mclaren F1 BMW 95' for the reason it is the fastest Gr3 car in a straight line, it is a pig to drive, hence nobody else I know likes it, or has chosen it in your event. It requires skill to get up over and down the mountain, on the flat, the reward is its speed. I am way off the top end of the room in racing skill and speed, so I chose a car to do the speed bit for me. I thought the idea of this race was to have 16 cars of different characteristics battling.
    The most you have reduced any other cars power is 3%, 1 car, most have gone up. The F1 95' you have reduced by 7%!!!! The weight you have reduced by 10%. Priano's tune is now crap, the diff is out, and so is the suspension. So now I have a slow Pig of a car to drive (1.5sec slower), that has no strong point in the race. F1 at BOP is not a fast TT car at Bathurst or anywhere. Stay with cars on corners in a race, and then it is a weapon on the straights. Have no idea about its tyre wear or fuel thirst, but I suspect they would be shocking.
    Had you released your BOP before the car choice, my top 3 would have been 1/FT-1, 2/Viper, 3/Aston DBR.
    My new car choice of cars available, not in room, is the Hyundai as it is closest to GTS BOP and I can use Priano's tune for it.
    If I can't change I fully understand, but I will withdraw, because I am not driving that slow (high pitched whining) Pig around Bathurst for 2 hours with the speed reward for skill/effort gone.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Some cars had to be hit very hard by the BOP stick. The Supra, GTR, McLaren F1 and Corvette in particular as their pace around Bathurst was second to none. Again, Characteristics changes had to be made too to make this event even viable. It's not possible to hold a good event with cars having a near 20km/h pace differential at the end of conrod (Yes that is what it was with FIA BOP). Having talked to drivers from the past Bathurst event, This was the best way to acheive similarity between cars and ensure a tight event where everyone has an oppurtunity to walk away with the glory. We've put in countless hours to make sure that all these cars are on a level playing field regardless of how hard of a misson it is.

I'm happy to change your selection to the Genesis as I do understand the idea behind BOP being released before car selections were made. That is partially my own fauly as I wanted to have the entire grid in different cars and needed selections made first without the need for me to BOP every single GR.3 car in the game.

This goes for everyone else as well if you wish to change your car now that BOP has been released, you are more than welcome. All these cars are on a level playing field so the only advantage you will gain by changing is going to a car that may suit your characteristics.

Cheers.
    gtkingx likes this.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Also on a side note @Apex_64

The Hyundai is currently occupied in Room 1, You'll have to pick something else.
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Thanks Viper for allowing me to throw out the 3 legged screaming pig.
    Can I have 48hrs to choose?
    And is it a grid start?
    Just need to check how a few cars feel with Priano's tune, and if it is a grid start, it rules the Renault out, as I will turn the start into a fiasco, unless I am on the back row. My gut feel atm is the Subaru.

P.S. For comparisons sake for you, in the F1, I could only do high 1.58s, about every 3rd lap at GTS BOP with my -3% weight, the other two of 3, were very very very ugly.
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Should be fine. It's a manual rolling start similar to the real Bathurst 12 Hour and what we've done in the past, Only comparisons there are your reaction times!

If everyone wanting to change cars could please FINALISE their picks by 8pm Monday 16th August. This gives you exactly 2 weeks until qualifying begins.
    gtkingx and Apex_64 like this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Just checked Priano's Tunes and he has done a recent one For Bathurst for the Subaru. So Subaru it is please.
    In Priano:inlove: I trust.
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Sorry, i may have missed this.
    But is it still one of each car per room? As was before.
    Viperzed likes this.
  13. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Whew that looks like a lot of work, well done guys, I’m excited except my car just got heavier . Have you decided on TOD for the race?
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes
    Viperzed likes this.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Thanks mate!

TOD for Race, Qualifying and the Top 5 Shootout sessions has been confirmed and updated. Thanks for reminding me!

Now is a great time to fill you guys in with my hope for the Top 5 Shootout sessions.
    In order to get through each rooms top 5, We will host these sessions on the Friday or Saturday night/afternoon depending on availibility. For example, The Top 5 Shootout for Room 3 will commence at 6pm, followed by Room 2 commencing at 6:30 and finally Room 1 at 7pm. This will give us plenty of time to adjust room settings, set up a live stream for the night and have a big audience sit in and enjoy the session!

For this reason, Last chance qualifiers will not be accepted any later than 8:00pm AEST on Thursday the 2nd of September. Drivers who fail to qualify will be relegated to the rear of the grid in order of who signed up first.

I'm really looking forward to a blockbuster event!
  16. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Wowee, this shootout sounds so good!
    I got goosebumps just reading it lol
  17. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    What kind of times are people doing? So far I’m doing mid to low 59s without fuel on board. All this tuning is making my head spin most of the time :laugh:
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  18. Peersy

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    I've not done much practice or tuning, but a 2:02 was my time.
    I need to tweak a few things and get some more seat time to shave a bit off
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    On the money, Low 59s for me. 58s are possible with some more Tuning.
    Noodles87 likes this.
  20. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS