GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz 2 Hours of Interlagos

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, May 20, 2021.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

There are tricks you can use to get more rotation through the corners
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Handbrake? ;)
    RidwanF1 and Darren Day like this.
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    RACE DAY DRIVERS BRIEFING

Welcome all to Race Day for the Interlagos 2 Hour! Been a very long wait to get this on but we are now within 5 hours of green flag.

Lobbys will open by 7:30pm AEST at the latest. This is to ensure that all network issues can be combed out early.
    Room 1 will be hosted by @razor4797
    Room 2 will be hosted by @Peersy
    Please ensure you have both these fine gentlemen added to your PSN friends list. They won't bite, Much.
    From there you are free to practice until we have the official green flag at 8:00pm AEST. Lobby hosts, please do your best to check Power and Weight settings for all drivers, I will send you both current updated lists of what every driver in your lobby should be running at. Please if your lobby host tells you to change your BOP, don't argue, they have it as a direct order from me. Both lobby hosts have permission to start the race early if all drivers are in the room and network issues have been nullified.

There are no compulsory tire or fuel stops. PLEASE FOLLOW THE SOLID WHITE LINES AT PIT ENTRY AND EXIT. Anyone shown to have cut these lines may receive a minimum of a 5 second penalty. Also stewarding is availible for this event should any incidents happen.Please forward any incidents in question directly to me via ROOZ pm.

STARTING PROCEDURE
    Both rooms will be set to a Rolling start in the grid order you have all qualified in. Cars are to set off from the Rolling start on a formation lap where cars are to remain 3 car lengths away from eachother at all times until Turn 12 (Juncao). AFter Juncao, The leader is to maintain a pace of 120 km/h and all cars behind will line up in double file order with ODD NUMBERS ON THE LEFT, EVEN NUMBERS ON THE RIGHT. This should happen as quickly as possible with NO WEAVING ALLOWED. Once the leader passes the solid white line that is horizontal across the track before pit entry, they may choose to begin the race anytime before the finish line. Passes for position can be made once the leader has begun the race.
    [​IMG]

If there are any network issues at the start, one restart is reccomended before the show must go on. If there are any mass disconnects or room issues during the race, The entire room will be restarted, with time on the clock to be determined by rounding down to the nearest 10 minute mark. I.e if there was 1hr 16mins to go, The time remaining will be set at 1hr 10mins (or nearest should game permit).

Good luck tonight everyone!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Practice lobby open for the next hour or so. @razor4797 I should be right to make the 8pm start, but may not be able to join much earlier
    razor4797 and Viperzed like this.
  5. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Race room 2 lobby up, I'll be busy up to approx 7:45pm AEST
  6. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I plan to do Toyota Cup but that should be finished at 19:40-19:45
  7. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    good luck to everybody tonight. now regretting my decision of not to enter
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Viperzed could you slot bones in?
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Still room if you want a last minute entry?
  10. boneslightning

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    yeh im keen
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Awesome mate, I'll have you in a Corvette if that's ok? D class, Room 2
  12. boneslightning

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    i have a mustang if thats ok
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That's fine as well, Follow BOP in OP as per D class.
  14. boneslightning

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    no problem
  15. boneslightning

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Sorry guys after no prep or practice, i was 3 sec a lap slow and after binning it and getting lapped after 40min i dropped out so i didn't hold anyone up. Hope it was a great race.
  16. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Blah, disconnect. That car took ages to make dammit.
    Hope everyone had an ace run.
  17. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Ughh that's a riteful pain.
    Race was good but pretty uneventful for me.
    I think mid pack both rooms had a bit more action
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Lining up 10th, I didn't have much hope of a decent result, but I knew it was going to be a long race and anything could happen.
    Started out jostling in the big pack of cars while everyone sorted themselves out and the field spread a bit.
    By the time the 40min mark came along, I was down in 11th, and then the first of the 2 stoppers dove in.
    I tried to keep the 1 stop dream alive but 50mins into the stint, the tyres were not enjoyable, so I opted to switch to a 2 stop with 2x35min stints to finish.
    After my first stop, I came out behind @razor4797 and he let me by soon after and stuck around in my slipstream.
    There wasn't much to report in this stint, but the third stint the car came alive on low fuel and I was able to hit consistent mid-low 30s and a few 29s.
    I caught and passed a few drivers and just couldn't pip @SpeedyTyres to the line, less than 0.02 of a second :eek:
    Congrats @KeedenMcdonald @Twitchy @MINT_GTR
  19. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Started 6th but I got a shocker off the start & ended up dropping down to P8 or 9 which wasn’t ideal. Had to pass a couple of cars which lost me quite a bit of time. Was up to P4 somewhere around lap 7 or something lol, Anyway the Viper felt better as a race car than a qualifying car for me personally, Anyway I pitted & pushed as hard as I could. Was sitting around P3/P4 for parts of the race. I then pitted with 35min left of the race & made a mistake by putting too much fuel in which costed me a potential P4 finish. & yea that’s basically it really, was catching Jono towards the end but I had to settle for a P5 finish which I’m happy with. Highest placed Viper as well so that’s something to be happy with. Congrats to Keeden, Matt & Twitchy. They were rapid this whole race.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Great race, but exhausted now of course. First few laps were fairly intense, but eventually fell into a rhythm. @Rangeraus seemed to be close to me the entire race with a few exchanges of positions. He was always dangerously close to grabbing my slipstream through most of the second stint, but I managed to maintain the gap. Then @SpeedyTyres started to gain towards the end, but then didn't get much closer for the last 10min. Thanks @Viperzed for putting on a great event! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Noodles87, Darren Day and Hatfield like this.