COLIN_50

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, Apr 11, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There are some people who make a forum like ours at Raceonoz tick. People who have a genuine love and enjoyment of what we try to do, and get a buzz out of being involved with like minded people no matter their age, attitude or in our case speed.

Cols introduction to Raceonoz is a bit of a strange story, and one of pure coincidence.
    Here i am one day at work when the phone rings, Its an Optus rep, looking to drum up sales with a business offer for our work phones. Not interested, my brain goes into overdrive given my home phone was with Optus, and i had been suffering with the dreaded GT5 connection issues, surely this bloke might be able to help me out ?

Me : Not interested in the business phones, but I help run an online racing league and my Optus connection has been crap, any suggestions?
    Col : What sort of racing league ?
    Me : GT5........are you interested ?
    Col : REALLY, I HAVE GT5 AND A PLAYSTATION, DO YOU HAVE A WEB SITE?
    Me : Yes, www..........
    Col : i will try to register tonight, would love to have a go
    And the rest is history..........:)

After a few weeks of practice sessions, and the now famous toilet trip with the mic still on, col was ready to be unleashed on the Sunday leagues.

Col started his racing here at ROOZ in season 9, placed in division 4 along side drivers such as Clevohead, HSV_Butters and Rumbleshorts.
    His first season was a steep learning curve, but he stuck it out, finishing 2 of the season races in 4th position, with a championship ending position of 6th.

In season 10 he finished the championship in 10th, with a best result of 7th at both Trial Mountain and Monza.

Season 11 Col was away at the Vatican looking for divine intervention to get that elusive podium........with his dog Sasha !

Season 12, Col had returned from the Vatican, but had been told by the better half that Sunday nights were now to be set aside for a bubble bath, massage and unseen episodes of friends.

Season 13, col was still on his Sunday night sabbatical, and in all seriousness, had more pressing family issues to attend to.

Showing his genuine enthusiasm for all things ROOZ, he was still active where possible in some of the weeknight series including Mustafurs WRC road racing championship, Clevos Kart championships, and all the different NASCAR series that have been run over the last few years. Cols genuine excitement after the final round of the NASCAR 3 series, where he went toe to toe with Warrior, Scotty and myself for 90 laps, just being pipped for the podium is Rooz gold, and his phone call the following day, still jumping out of his skin, was classic Col.

Col has rejoined the Sunday Series 1 with GT6, and managed to get that illusive podium, on 2 occasions finishing 2nd at both Motegi and the holy grail, Bathurst. He finished the championship in a career best 4th overall.

Col isnt the fastest driver in our ROOZ community, but he makes up for that in spades with his enthusiasm and encouragement of all the other ROOZ members, support of what we are trying to achieve and enjoyment of any series he is a part of.

As i said at the start, its people like Col that make a community like ours tick.

Col, you are a Super_ROOZ member, congratulations.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Col, welcome to the team! Well deserved!

Yes, I remember that first night Col joined us in a room, listening to him having a whizz, and having constant ringing in my ears for the rest of the night because his headset was so loud!
    SuiCid3, Clevohead and stucar17 like this.
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i dont what to say guys i am lost for words
    with everything that has happened in my private life this makes it all worth it
    a special thanks to stu for those very kind words and the rest of the guys
    to all new members welcome you have joined the best league you will ever find and dont you forget it
    and thanks for reminding me of the twinkle
    and congrats to all the other inducties
    not much more to say i all crying at the moment
    Anthonyb, SuiCid3, Motors560 and 7 others like this.
  4. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thankyou STU and all the people that decided on me from the bottom of my heart
    KoAStR and stucar17 like this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done Col, I'm sorry I missed the tinkle ;) Incident, must have been hilarious!!! Lol
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hell yea!! Good on ya Col, gratz mate.

I remember those early days when you first got online with us all!!

Was such a larf, great value you are mate. Well done.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Congrats Colin. Quite a character and a worthy inductee. ;)
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Don't forget the raspberry yoghurt ;)
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Congrats Colin, keep the laughs coming mate ;)
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Good stuff col, great to have you here :)
  11. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Well done Col its always great having your enthusiasm on the forums and in the shoutbox, a great bloke to have around.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Good stuff Col, we need to get a SuperROOZ collar made up for your dog as well I think.
    Clevohead, stucar17 and S_CLOSE like this.
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    SASHA!!!!
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    wheres SASHA collar ANON lol
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    he is having the diamonds specially cut col, should be here next week.....

[​IMG]
    colin-50_ likes this.
  16. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    very funny mate