BJ (Awarded posthumously)

Discussion in 'Super ROOZ Members' started by stucar17, Jun 12, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I have little doubt that he would have gone on to win Div 4 in the Roadster too, and then challenge for the Div 3 title in the Pozzi, he would have excelled in that car.

Since then, I haven't seen a driver at ROOZ improve as fast as he did.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Guys....i sent a message to Bren to touch base and let her know that BJ certainly hasnt been forgotten and we were thinking of her and her family one year on from BJs sudden passing. I Sent the following on ROOZ behalf....

"Hi Brenda.
    Hope you are well, cant believe its been 1 year since Bruce's passing.

The date certainly wasn't missed, and a lot of our members shared their thoughts of Bruce through out the day, all fond memories of someone who we all enjoyed spending hours with, albeit from behind a microphone, 1000s of klms away !

One of our members (N64thestig) ran an event over the last few nights in memory of Bruce, using the car he raced last, and also the car he had his last win in. We continue to have the "Race of Champions" in his memory and also BHR (Bruce Hale Racing) in our Sunday night race league teams championship.

While we hope that time makes things a little easier, we certainly hope that your family has been able to move forward following Bruce sudden loss, and you can take comfort from the fact that he is always fondly remembered as a warm, funny and enthusiastic guy who we loved having in our community."

Brenda replied
    Hi Stu,
    Good to hear from you, I too can't believe that a whole year has gone by since Bruce passed, we as a family are doing well but miss him always,one day at a time as they say, its a big gap to fill.
    Never thought I would miss the sounds of racing cars and conversations coming from his man cave and the late nights he spent in there, but everytime i go in there or check in on ROOZ I feel him the most of all because it was a place he loved to be, I once again would like to thank you and everyone in ROOZ for remembering Bruce in the ways that you do, he would be very humbled as we are and reminds us of the good times the passion and enthusiasm that he had for ROOZ and all the friends that he made and that it did make him truly happy sharing his passion with all of you, and of course having all of you to chat with till all hours about the things he loved,it really was one of his favourite places to be
    He was so proud of the improvements in his racing that he had made, the races he won, the battles he had and even the losses, he did love it all,
    Once again I thank you
    Brenda
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I've been talking with Brenda as well and she shares the same sentiments that you posted.

She was extremely thankful of the event myself and tb ran, it made her very happy. I'm chuffed that Brenda finds comfort in what we do as a community to enhance the legacy of Bruce. It just goes to show ROOZ is so much more than a community for people to race together, it's a family.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hope you don't mind boys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With Brenda at the wheel the first sunday without our great mate
    [​IMG]
    The rest of Div 5 behind Brenda on the lap of honour
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Randm90, Bren, stucar17 and 5 others like this.