ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 7 Zandvoort 2x30 minute Sprints

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

That's the basis I had been working on - seems the most simple solution - surely we can trust the guys up front to be relatively competent lol
  2. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    tezpez85 likes this.
  3. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

Yea race starts were poor. I hate to say it but the pole car was going too quick and didnt bunch the field on the final turn. As clearly evidenced by martys videos. Ive added a clip from my twitch stream too in which i even comment how the top 4 are all speeding. In R2 same thing happened but it wasnt as bad and i also remember thinking :):):):) it if they r gona speed im just going to aswell then maintain the gap. The car beside me was doing 90 pretty much on the green both starts. And Dan was miles out of position on R2. being p4 but a carlength infront of p3 isnt very good lol.

I personally dont see an issue with the current start system and it works well in octane league. But the difference is in octane the top 4 and p6 would all have got 10sec penalties for jumping the start. And dan would probably have copped a drive thru for the R2 jump start and out of position.

It got bad for a while in octane so they just issued anybody they saw over 80kmh on the green with a drive thru and people got it sorted pretty quick. In saying that they do have 3 - 4 people in RC for every race and we dont have that luxury.

Theres 2 options really. Go to the clunky public lobby style start. Or bring down the iron fist on people abusing the start procedure.

End of a day its a catch 22 if pole isnt maintaining the 80 then everybody is going to end up speeding to try maintain position. Or you end up like me in R1 with a huge gap to the speeding top4 and the guy in p6 getting the jump on you (definately not blaming anybody personally as end of the day the start was a shambles and u either held pace like i did and get left behind or break the rules to maintain pace with pole)

I say leave as is for next race but put out a no warning notice and if anybody is over 80kmh or out of position on the start then add 30 seconds to their finish time or something. If people cant do that then go to the pub lobby system.

I could imagine its probably abused pretty bad down the back too.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyConfidentPigTebowing
    marty likes this.
  4. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

As for the race Zandvoort me and the porsche are pretty much a match made in heaven as evidenced by the fact i could race with guys who are normally 1 - 2 seconds quicker a lap than me. I really enjoyed that it was cool to race with the "aliens" even if its only for 1 round haha.

R1 started p5 bur got left for dead on the start as i was maintaining 80 while everybody infront seemed to be doing 90. Managed to get p5 back by going deep into t1 and was holding a solid p5 from the start. Went opposite strategy to p4 which didnt work for me and lost quite a bit of time to the undercut. Then had an incident with a backmarker on pit exit which i lost more time to. Almost recovered p5 off Terry who seemed to be struggling with his tyres at the end but needed another 2 or 3 laps.

R2 p5 on the start again and this time i sped a lil in order to keep up with the guys infront of me as the leaders were again above 80 on the start. Repeat of race 1 start basically. Terry got a blinder up to p4. Marty left the door open down the back side of the circuit into the slow right hander and i showed my nose and forced a small mistake out of Marty giving me p5 back. I managed to jump Terry in the pit stops with the undercut and stayed p4 till the end. Benefield made a mistake with a couple laps to go and was struggling to stay infront of me with damage but i got caught out in the fast downhill rh T4 by the dirty air off dans porsche and had a half spin. Stayed p4 till the end.

Super happy with my results but definately way out of position for my actual season pace due to the track car driver combo being my favourite on ACC. Was cool to battle amongst the gods for a round tho! Be back battling with the mere mortals at suzuka thats for sure
    tezpez85 likes this.
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I hate that race start widget, with stupid immersion breaking video game graphics in the middle of the screen. I prefer the fully manual starts.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Do we need to do a rolling start practice session on a Monday before the race? Haha
    marty and Coanda like this.
  7. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

Haha its not practice we need its discipline. People are intentionally pushing the limits
    marty and Coanda like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I prefer it on public servers to what we previously had (limiter) however your right Wal, it would be somewhat painful to have this turned on for our league nights.

I'm sure we can all get it together.. I am happy to offer my time to review race starts the following day if need be and any funny business I can privately raise up to the admins to make a final decision..
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I’m cool with the widget - 30 seconds of arcade for a fair start to a long race, and less work for the already very bust admins - good deal IMO
    krunch likes this.
  10. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

We were all doing it fine before as far as I could tell. How has this suddenly become a problem?
    I'm fine with whatever the admins deem appropriate.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think its more new people, generally larger fields and people not quite sticking to the gentlemen's agreement system that worked pretty well until recently. With more new people joining each week we will need to tighten things up a bit more it seems, those that have raced here for quite a while have never really had issues with the manual starts.

Its nothing personal against the new guys, its great to have them in but without clear rules and penalties its open to some abuse. For tonight's Wednesday races I will test the widget start in a full formation to see how it goes. Next Monday we will give the full manual start one more attempt but with clearer rules set out now. We will see how both tests go and see what is the best option after that for future races.