ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 10 Paul Ricard 90 minute Enduro.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 20, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 10 of the season will be next Monday May 25th, with a 90 minute endurance race in the same format as the real Blancpain Enduro rounds. Just a bit shorter then the real race which is 6hrs long.
    [​IMG]

This will have a 65 minute max stint time (using a 40 min mid race pit window as a workaround for the pit window bug) with a mandatory stop to add fuel. Tyres are optional on the stop and fuel is limited at 25 seconds for any amount.

Time scale will be 4x as the real race is a 6hr max distance.
    Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Saturday 5pm)
    Qualifying 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 9pm)
    Race 90 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Sunday 6pm)

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.

FROM THIS ROUND ON ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max.

Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its very conservative with a small chance of light rain, needs more testing to fully enable but nothing noted in patch notes so no reason to believe its been fixed yet. Temps will be a bit cooler this round as all sessions will be evening to night time. Hotlap server will be at 10pm and ambient temp 21c and track temp 24c. Temps will be around this during the race sessions but dependant on cloud cover and time of day.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Full replay from the race in 2 parts.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Kcender87 likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I adjusted the hotlap server time as it was meant to be dark but wasnt, temps and track condition shoukd stay the same.
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. squid

squid Rookie

90 or 120 minutes? Title says 90, body says 120 :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fixed, last season it was 120 minutes and it survived the copy/paste/attempted edit.
  6. squid

squid Rookie

someone's gotta keep these posts honest
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

There are lots of reports of cars flipping on the grid since the 1.4.2 update. We'll have to watch out for this if there isn't a hot fix before then.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I saw those reports hopefully they fix this in the next few days, this new feature doesnt really have any possible workaround and must be a top priority fix.

Any idea if its a beta only build or general release?

I just checked and seems @Rolz already updated all the servers with the latest build. Its possible that the bug could be people using older server builds. If anyone wants to test all the ROOZ servers are running the latest build from this mornings 1.4.2 update.
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Paul Ricard grid spawn seems ok but a bigger bug (maybe new feature :roflmao:) is the dampers keep resetting on your setup in 1.4.2. I wonder if anyone at Kunos even tests stuff before release these days. :eek:
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the damper bug, if there is no further update before a session just check if your setup reset all dampers. Reloading the setup works and fixes the bug.

It seems to happen randomly between some sessions. I was in a server with @tezpez85 last night and we were bith ok for a few sessions then both had the bug at the same time.

Grid spawn may be an issue with bigger grids and there are also relkrts of servers crashing. Fingers crossed we get 1.4.3 before Monday night as if it stays broken it may need to postpone this weeks race if server starts to crash or we cant form a normal grid.
  11. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

I did see on AOR last night a few laps run as safety car laps to let cars repair and rejoin in their qualy spot.
    Might be an alternative if we can behave on the start
    Jeremy Talbot and marty like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats a possible workaround, assuming the lobby even works prior to our race as they will be doing updates most likely tomorrow to try fix the current mess.
  13. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Sparksy84 likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems the grid spawn bug is just if you are in the actual setup tab as the session switches from qualy to race. Any other tab or out of the menu and in car during the qualy to race switch seems to aviid the flying car feature/bug
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I'm getting a little tired of this over aggressive behavior in the first 5 laps of each race.. It is happening every race weekend. I give up my time all week when I should be with my 1 year old daughter and I get treated worst than a low ranked public server.. That is no joke! Where is the respect..?

I could be having dinner with my family (as I am behind most of you guys) whilst sitting in nice 20 degree AC yet I'm racing in a 40 degree hot box and getting punted off the race track race after race..

First I was dive bombed and hit into T3 and then this... Many times I look in the mirror and I have to react and change the way I want to drive because if I don't I'll be hit..

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  17. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I'd also like a replay, should be at the last corner within the first 7 laps where Faichney went off the track only to torpedo me in the last corner to the point where he was massively cutting the track to come back on. I tried to save it but I accidentally have the time limit set to 60 mins. I need it for protest purposes, I normally don't care that much about accidents but this was such an incredibly bad move from them that I think it deserves punishment.

Also seems like the track limits here are really messed up, people can cut certain corners but making a mistake at the fast right hander deserves punishment? A lot of people got drive throughs, I'm ok with getting one if it was expected but I hit the kerb at Turn 10 and got a drive through for it
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    AeroDynamicMilk likes this.
  18. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Finally a race where my internet didn't die!
    Had a great battle with @nanlatt at the start and managed to catch some of the guys up front.
    Undercut worked until a bit of a brown pants moment with a lapped car brought my off tracks to 2x, and a rub with the floppies brought me in for a Paul Ricard special. Managed an overtake in the 2nd last lap and got to P11 from P15.
    Off to Hungary!
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results are up in the 2nd post I have also uploaded a full replay file from the race, its in 2 parts but has the start and end in the race.
    Bad luck mate that first one is clearly not good, you can put in a protest via the official method for that and its most likely the other car would get a penalty there. I am not in charge of penalties but we really need everyone to try take more care not to ruin others races.

I had a couple of contacts, both were unfortunately just driver errors one from the other guy and then I got him back when he snuck around another car I just passed with me noticing and ran straight into him. My rejoin after that was probably not very good either as I think I may have got in the way of a couple others battling. Sorry about that.

Other then that the racing was pretty crazy and we were in a pack of 2 to 4 cars most of the race. I was amazed there weren't more incidents as it was 3 wide a few times at the end of the main straight. My error there I didnt see the other car in the mirrors at all or in the radar so really surprised me as I got around Terry but then hit another car inside him.
    Coanda and AeroDynamicMilk like this.
  20. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Race started great, then in lap 7 I was passed into the fast right hander after the straigt, ran wide, rejoined and made contact with a car which put me in the wall. My fault, did not see the other car. Sadly, it turned out out to be race ending damage, the pit crew did not even start working on the car for some reason. That, and on top, I had a drive-through for limping back through the runoff. So I disconnected. Sad, it was great fun until then. Sorry to the Porsche for the contact.