AC AC PS4 Season 1 Entry and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by COME_AND_GET_ME7, Jun 25, 2017.

?

What Night(s) are you Available?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2017.
  1. Sunday

25.0%
  2. Monday

41.7%
  3. Sunday & Monday

33.3%
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

After the success of the first two rounds of the Assetto Corsa GT3 series it's time to kick off discussion for the inaugural season of the AC PS4 league. This league will run alongside the existing GT6, PCars, and AC PC leagues. With the meet and greet set for the week of 16 July there certainly is a lot to discuss and finalise over the next three weeks. So with out further ado let the discussions begin:

Day & Time
    There effectively is only two viable options when it comes to the day of the week that this league is run. Those two days being Sunday and Monday. Sunday has proven to be the most viable option for those that only have time to commit to one series per week. However I would tend to lean towards Monday being the best option. The main reason for this is simply due to the lack of competition from the other platforms. With both GT6 and PCars 1 interest dwindling it is likely we could get a decent size grid for season 1 if it were to run on Sunday. However I doubt it would be very sustainable in the long term with both GT Sport and PCars 2 on the horizon. I know that I personally will be picking both titles up at launch and will certainly be looking to run in one other league alongside AC. The second reason is that if it were to run on Monday there is potential gain a significant amount of interest from an AC PS4 Auz/NZ Facebook page who currently run their main races on Sundays as well.
    As for the time at which qualifying will kick off that will be discussed once the day is confirmed. At the end of the day I will go with whatever day suits the largest number of people so please vote in the threads accompanying poll.

Car

This series will follow the same proven formula as the other leagues and be a one make series. Tuning will be permitted at least until a default setup option is introduced. The first big question that needs to be answered with regards to cars is wether or not DLC cars should be considered for season 1. There is definitely some gems that have come as DLC with my top pick for the inaugural series being the MX5 Cup car. However if the cost of DLC is the difference between someone racing or not racing then we'll restrict it to non DLC cars only. For season 1 the car needs to promote close side by side racing. This means the car should be fairly easy to drive and be a tad more on the slower side when compared with the GT3 cars particularly given the vast range in driver skill that we will have in a single room given we don't yet have the numbers for 7 divisions. Another thing to keep in mind would be the number of tuning options a car has. Given we can't restrict setups yet the fewer options the better. So please state wether your for or against the use of DLC and put forward your car preferences. I will hopefully get a car poll up after round 4 of the GT3 series.

Tracks

Tracks will be determined once the car is confirmed. However the likes of Zandvoort, Vallelunga, Mugello, and Magione are likely to feature if the car is suitable given that these tracks do not feature in GT6 and PCars 1.

So please express your interest for season 1 of AC PS4, indicate wether you are for or against the use of DLC, put forward your car suggestions, and complete the poll as to which night(s) you would be available to race.

Entry List
    1) @COME_AND_GET_ME7
    2) @Knuckles
    3) @jasondull1986
    4) @Noremac
    5) @jc1186
    6) @phillip mcfarlane
    7) @Bryan_F
    8) @Michael Salo
    9) @AussieInfidel
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Pencil me in cagme
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah I'm in and I'll just race whichever night gets up. Personally if not run Sunday I would suggest Tuesday to give people who choose to run both a Prac chance. Also I'm all for the dlc content to be used. I didn't like the mx5 when I tried it but would likely provide good racing.

Also I'd be willing to help with charts and the like for the season.
  4. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    im in if this ends up being monday nights
  5. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Yeah please pencil me in CAGME.

Monday's are good imo because it's probably the least favourite day for people in general. So don't mind looking forward to some evening racing haha.
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

If anyone is around tonight I will get a one make room up and we can test some cars.
    Michael Salo likes this.
  7. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Anyone up for some laps tonight?

Basically see if the cars we think will be the most fitting for season 1, actually hold up to the test. I'm sure we can settle on 2 or 3 cars for sure with a session or two.

I'll be free at about 8:30pm for a few laps and will just set whatever room with the rooz password.
    Michael Salo likes this.
  8. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    How's this going with testing? I'd be keen after Sunday race for a quick test.

Also have we considered doing what the AC boys do and use multiple cars in a season. Could use the mx5 cup to start and finish with the 787b
    Michael Salo likes this.
  9. phillip mcfarlane

phillip mcfarlane New Recruit

PSN ID
    philtronmx5
    id like to compete in this series but i can only do mondays already doing a series on sundays
  10. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Put my name down tentatively for now. Will confirm after the conclusion of the GT3 series.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  11. Michael Salo

Michael Salo New Recruit

PSN ID
    iMichael123S
    I can do this on Monday nights, please include me.
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  12. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Howd you end up going with the series you were running through fb? Anyone from there who might be interested?
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @COME_AND_GET_ME7
    Could you firm up the entry list ASAP? Team captains are trying to run some tests next season across all platforms.
    VARDZ likes this.
  14. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Hi Guys, I'll be happy to do some ride with you guys to test my rig on the PS4. But unfortunately monday night i'm on the AC pc.
    cheers
  15. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    I would be keen for this on any night but I can only do it if we are finished racing by 9 o'clock witch doesn't seem to suit the majority. I could almost guarantee 2 more entrants not including myself if it could be run earlier or on a Friday or Saturday night.
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

If anyone is keen to jump on and do some testing with me i'm about to get a room up.
  17. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Have we locked in the car yet?
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Nope not yet was hoping you lot would put forward some suggestions.
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Ok no worries my favs have been
    1. Lotus Evora Gtx
    2. Porsche 911 Gt3 rs road car or Ferarri 458 road car

Would be happy in the Mazda also though as the racing should be great.
  20. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Hi, I'm new to this game but I guess I still have a voice. So far doing the carea mode the best racing I've found has been in the xbows, happy with any night other than Friday. happy to go with the flow here though as I would rather do a season in AC than another in gt6
    Knuckles likes this.