[COMPLETE] ROOZ AC Season 4

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Epic fun race, easily one of the most enjoyable I've had. Had 3 or 4 different battles. :D

Quali'd in 6th happy with my time but a bigger margin to the leaders than I expected! WD you guys deep into 37's :eek: especially @R0T0R-AU86 with 40 kg ballast (felt good about my time til you did that!)
    Finished the race 5th one possie up off the grid so happy with that.

Awesome battle with @Cherno swapping positions a couple of times. He pulled away then tyres started going and I was under his rear axle for a few fun laps before pitting to find someone sideways in the pit entry! :roflmao: Slowed, copped a little damage which was repaired faster than tyres but lost a bit of time and came out further behind Cherno, with Tovey between us.

@R0T0R-AU86 came from behind out of nowhere and I was in a Pagnian / Batman impersonators :ninja:
    :laugh: sandwhich! Battled R0t0r for a while and he got his rub fix in then blasted off to clean his pants. I followed him through to pass @Tovey_4saken for a white knuckle pass on the fast right handers down the back. We battled for a while swapped posisies before @Frostwa pulled up behind and took over the battle with Tovey who buckled under the pressure and handed me a possie back with a moment on the 2nd last lap that almost saw me seeing more of his sphincter than I would like! :poop::laugh:

Was hoping @Anon666 wouldn't be able to keep his tyre temps down and would come undone but was too good amazing win! :thumbsup: Gotta share your set once the season is over ;) Was fun having a range of competitive drivers with sets having strengths in different parts of the track.
    Frostwa, Anon666, Cherno and 3 others like this.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    No practice, spiking ping, rolled the car, DNF.
    Bring on whatever's next :unsure:
    Frostwa, David Brister and Driftoz like this.
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Gap says alot!
    [​IMG]
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well done @Anon666 , first win in alien div :thumbsup:
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Stupid, outa fuel last corner :mad:
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

my fav race so far, sorry for the touch shamp but i honestly felt u braked earlier while we were lapping dave, or mightve been me, not sure but wasnt going for the pass, just trying to avoid the back of you.
    had some good racing with gomini, unfortunate bit of friendly fire and had back damage for most of race, but was great fun, side by side through some of those was hairy.
    spun out at last corner lol and just managed to come in between the two following cars.
    Anon666 and Shampwho like this.
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Gutted!!!

Qualified on a awesome lap, 37.3 where I pull that from no where! Lead the first stint of the race, and going into the pits it slightly touch the pit wall on entry and it felt like i hit a wall... throws me in the air and sideways, i was stuck... untill @Anon666 came in and hit right in the side putting me back on backwards... I had to do 1000 point turn to turn it around, however didn't have any damage! damage limiation on the race... I did my best to come back through the field but was really hurting my tyres.. Had a great race with Kosatr and tovey and finishing with cherno however had a bit of a touch in the hairpin (was racing accident)

well done Anon! :)
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :eek: @Steve Crossland in the 38's race FL! Man you were going strong bad luck in the end.
  9. Pete

Pete Rookie

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Anon666 likes this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

WOW that was a great race, started 15th by lap 6 made it up to 11th position my highest spot so far, i found i passed a few on the inside of the left hander under brakes of the 1st little straight, got excited and stuffed up turn 1-2 and gave up all my positions back to 15. made up some good time in the pits, Kobus was in the box behind me, and exited just after him. we raced for about 6 laps quite close, but my fitness and lack of sleep after a massive weekend party saw me get tired and drop off from Kobus, almost run up the arse of Mael as he sat on the track with no fuel. very happy it took until lap 24 to get passed by the front runners, i was a lot closer this week than last week so happy with the improvement
    Kobus Maree, Casper and Anon666 like this.
  12. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Quali was good Done a PB with a 1.39:5 so 1 sec better than my previous. But still just over 2 sec off pole.

Race- Decided to hang back 1 spot being 2nd last and just wait for a few laps for the field to settle. Came to the end of the 1st lap, Last Corner and not sure who it was turned around but 1 car was into the side of another with the other across the track so I took a tight line into the last turn but he was coming across and hit him ! No ones Fault.

So after 2 laps with :):):):) front downforce due to bad damage i pitted , fueled up, tyres, repaired the damage 30 sec but went a lap down by that time. With that the rest of the field approaching so i slowed to let all of you past and went 2 laps down by mid distance but with everyone pitting i got 1 lap back.
    Never really felt comfy with the track cause its reverse and so use to the other Direction, Had i not got in the incident at the Start I "may" have done a bit better.

Well done to Anon for the Win, Cherno and Frostwa for the Podiums

Onto the Next Round.:)
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Another could've been for me.
    was confident that I'd be in the hunt for a to p5 finish even though only running a PB of 1m40.1 during the week in the practice servers. Track grip was never above 95% and I'd only done race fuel with mediums tyres.
    But when I snatched 2nd place during qualifying I was a little surprised.

made a good start & sat in 2nd place behind Rotor. Was able to close the gap at times but Rotor always seemed to dig out & gain it back so it was a classic see saw battle for the entire first half of the race. Anon stayed with us for the first handful of laps but then slowly fell away. I wasn't gaining anything serious on Rotor & wasn't getting anywhere near being in a position to have a crack. So I opted to pit early, hoping that a lap on fresh tires would make the difference. Also, my first stont was heavier so my fuel intake was reduced during the pitstop. But my plan turned to brown "Pants-custard" when I got too close to pit wall. I thought the car woulds simply slide along or maybe just bump back, but instead, the railing grabbed my car hard & I was stuck, 90 degrees across pit lane. There was barely room to move & with 900 degrees lock on the G27 it took a while to get it pointing in the right direction again (Austin Powers 20 point turn). When I rejoined the track I was way down the grid in 16th. I was able to fight back & come up to 8th, but was gutted in throwing away another good result. I had damage for the 2nd half of the race but didn't know it at the time of my pitstop so just had to carry it. Was a full second slower per lap.

Can't wait for DST to finish too so I'm not getting off the computer at 12.30am.

Grats top finishers
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Casper, Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  14. gominiman

gominiman Rookie

Have to agree zampli it was a fun race. Sorry for the offs but in the end the fight back through the field was awesome. Its just so damn hard to pass there...
    Anon666 and Hatfield like this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I enjoyed my race and for me it was mostly uneventful. I was a little off pace (possibly due to feeling a little off colour all day) and qualified in 10th. Amazing job to those up the front getting into the 37's. My mid 38 was not good enough.

I had a good start and picked up a spot or two in the opening laps but after a few more laps I was understeering badly and lost out to Tovey then Fargonz who both made good clean passes. I tucked in behind Fargonz and my tyres began to equalise so I just stuck with him for a while. Unluckily for him though he went wide at T2 and hit those 'concrete' cones, which flung him into the air and into a roll. I count myself lucky not to have been caught up in that! After that I was on my own so I tried to be consistant and get through to the pit stop. I pitted on lap 13 with no dramas and just kept on circulating. Frostwa was on a comeback mission and came up fast behind me. I didn't have his pace so I let him through and he went on to harass those further up the road. I finished 7th which was a decent result considering my lack of front running pace. Well done to Anon for the win and Cherno and Rotor for the podium.

Fargonz tries to save tyre wear by lifting them off the track,,,
    [​IMG]
    gominiman, Anon666, Sun Levi and 4 others like this.
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That is exactly what happened to me, an anomaly in the matrix.
    krunch and Anon666 like this.
  17. Kobus Maree

Kobus Maree Rookie

What a fun race. :)

Unlike Barcelona where I was bumped off the track and lost a lot of time, resulting in a lonely race, this one had a few close battles all along the way.

I was able to put in steady laps considering that my practice time was very limited on this track.

Well done to the podiums, and more importantly to everybody participating.
    Anon666 likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well I would like to thank my sponsor, Steven Bradbury Enterprises, and my pit crew, "The Maldonardo's". That was a pretty crazy race, second week running found I had some good pace in qual and held third off the line. Half a dozen corners later Frosty goes from nibbling my rear to kissing the armco and I have a welcome gap back to 4th. Unfortunately the gap to Steve and Rotor in front was also growing, but finishing without crashing was all I cared about given the season I've had, and 3rd would be fine if I could keep my tyres from catching fire.

Lap 12, and my brain says "Box, box, box!" So in I go reaching for the mouse and doing some quick math when suddenly I see Rotor sideways in the very narrow pit entry lane...holy T-bones Batman!!! Minus my front aero I threw on some tyres and topped up coming out mid-pack. As the laps passed I found myself leading as everyone pitted and realised Steve was way back in the field - read his post to find out what happened to him!?!?! With ridiculous understeer, but a battling field behind me I managed to sneak home for my first win...well ever, actually, in any ROOZ AC event!!! Don't really care atm that I will have a burger chomping, full figured houso joining me for the enduro, but her company may wear thin by race end...

Great attendance across both rooms, good to see. Looking forward to next week and hopefully see you boys on Thursday for some practice.

PS - Points may be slightly delayed, but they will be sorted over the next day or so.
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well, Unfortunately I wont be around for the next two races.. Which is a shame, however good luck to everyone else - looking forward to seeing how the championship pans out! :)
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.