Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Don't worry, Vardz will fill the void.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well done @Watto64 much deserved!!

I'm gutterd on having such a bad season due to rookie strategy calls haha I had all the pace in the world but that doesn't matter, I need all the results to back it up haha I think another season in div 4 will do me good, sorry guys I'd say you'll be stuck with me another season :):p
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Congrats Watto. You thoroughly deserve to be on top. Consistent dominance all season. Well done.
    DekGT5mad and Watto64 like this.
  4. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Well done Watto a very convincing championship win and well deserved.
  5. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Can anyone tell me what the tyre regulations are for the final round?
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Are we having a week off this week or is there a race? I'm fine either way.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Same rules as the other rounds, just one stint on the softs, all other stints to be done on the hards. It's 48 laps in total so you'll be on hards for at least 2/3s of the race, possibly 3/4s.
    DekGT5mad and grassies like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, the next round will be on the 12th, you can put your feet up this Sunday.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    Thanks mate looks like some serious practice on hards p
  10. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    lol, sorry, season not year
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  11. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Thanks Gary. It's been a great learning curve and I've enjoyed every minute of it so far, particularly the driving etiquette of the drivers in Div 4 . Div 3 will be a different challenge.
    DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Thanks Jim, I've had to put a LOT of practice in to be competitive with you throughout the season. See you in Div 3 next season??
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  13. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Cheers Grassies, you've certainly got pace but were unlucky in a few rounds this season. Been great practicing with and racing you. Cu @ GV.
    DekGT5mad and grassies like this.
  14. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Watto64, DekGT5mad and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Congrats @Watto64,couldn't stay with ya on the softs with a good brake,let alone on the hards with a sticky brake. Got to try to find something for next roundo_O:geek:
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Watto64 likes this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I've sorted out how and actually opened a club lobby now,do we want to give it a bash for the enduro if we can get a practice in beforehand(not like we don't have time,lol),we just have to all be RaceOnOz community club members. It's pretty easy to do,you can use the search and then join. The club owner then adds you as a member. The only thing i don't know is how to find a private club lobby if someone else opens it. Anybody?? @Ad2mny ??
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    A private club lobby is only private to anyone who is not in the club. That is the way we will most likely run them so randoms cannot join. It eliminates the need to run friends only.
  18. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    A message from the Division 4 Room Captains.

As you all may or may not be aware, there was an incident on Lap 1 of last Sunday's race at Fuji which ultimately affected several racers.

At Turn 3, the leader of the race, Grassies, ran wide and off the track. He re-entered the track after dropping a few positions in front of Stumbles. Stumbles touched the grass and spun out ending up rear of field. Soon after this, Dbn26 announced over the mic that Grassies should re-dress the situation otherwise face a penalty. He then added he needed to wait for Stumbles. In his confusion, Grassies did not pull over off line and several other drivers got caught up trying to get around him at the chicane.
    The spin out by Stumbles was caused entirely on his own (by his own admission) and not by the car re-entering the track. This means the call for Grassies to re-dress the situation was incorrect. No one person can play judge, jury & executioner. What someone sees from a couple of cars back can be completely different to what actually happens.
    So, moving forward, we do have a well-established process for dealing with infringements, it has been in place for many, many, many seasons. Anyone can lodge a protest over an incident they feel is questionable whether they where involved in it or not. This is why we always encourage people to save their replays.
    Also, from this point forward, mics will most definately be disabled in Sunday night race rooms as per the room settings guide.
    Dbn26 has been removed from hosting duties for the future, so for the final round, Gary will return as host.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and patience. Lets make the final enduro round a big one and send season 5 off with a bang.

Rock on Div 4!!
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TRACK LIMITS FOR FINAL ROUND.....

ROOZ track limits are defined by the ripple strips and WHITE lines around the circuits.... For the final round at Grand Valley there are 3 places where track limits have been questioned....
    1. PIT STRAIGHT : There is a white line that runs along the pit wall. This line WILL BE ENFORCED if you go outside the line to make a pass. (Between the line and the pit wall). Given the different strategies in play, and the number of pit stops to be undertaken, passing to the right of the line is a disaster waiting to happen for anyone leaving the pits, so therefore passing on the outside will result in a penalty of 10 seconds if not redressed....
    2. EXIT OF SECOND BRIDGE : On the exit of the 2nd bridge there is a car width between the white line and the armco barrier on the left. Drivers ARE PERMITTED to run wide here as there is no real gain to be picked up.
    3. THE FINAL CHICANE : Drivers ARE NOT permitted to use the concrete verge where the whole car is outside the ripple strips as there is some advantage to be gained there. Using this runoff here to gain advantage will result in a MINIMUM 10 second penalty.

Cheers stu
    Ad2mny and garyw61 like this.