[COMPLETED] ASSETTO CORSA: Season 1.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Yeah this is the first time it decided not to play!

Sounds good for the team-speak server. It wasn't good that half where in one server or the most of them where and the other half in the other... I guess we weren't expecting it to grow so fast! Which is great! :)

Yeah it sucks... I had some serious pace here got a good start, and was actually finding more time the more I went on pulling a comfortable gap on KoAStr.. With a 1:34.8 on the PB there was more in it!

Hmmm I was doing a bit of thinking (2mins worth LOL) and since we actually hit half race distance we could award half points? OR if you are all happy to re-run I guess I have no choice but to perfect it more and get into the mid to low 34s... :p (sorry i just really wanted that win to pull the gap to KoAStr the bugger!!!) hehe :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah, it was interesting to say the least, wasn't expecting great things in my first race and qualified down the back, (doing the whole session with a full tank probably didn't help) but that was ok as I just wanted to stay out of trouble. But it soon found me anyway at the first hairpin under brakes I got an almighty hit in the bum and got pinballed through the pack but miraculously missed everybody and was up to 12th, not my preferred way to pass 5 guys in one corner and put me further into the pack than I wanted to be if I'm honest. I was then following obilisc around for a bit and then accidentally took him out at turn 3, my apologies as it was not intended, it wasn't a passing attempt or divebomb, I do take a shallow line through that corner as the bump on the outside unsettles the car too much, and I thought you would be through the corner before I arrived, I waited for you to go back past and then watched the rest of the field go by as well, somehow got back to 14th after my pit stop then everyone disappeared and game over. As the race didn't finish and I didn't get to find out, do you need to change tyres at the pit stop or will they last the distance?
    I would like to see the race re-run as it's a good car/track combo and deserves the whole race to get full value. Also a big thank you for the guys persevering and getting the server up it was good while it lasted.
    Cheers
    Oblisc, AJ.Scott and DoogleDave like this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Was a bit disappointing to have the server crash mid race like it did, after all the effort to get it running.
    I will get onto Cyrentek and ask if they can check the server log for the source of the problem, hoping it was to do with client HZ being high which broke the server.
    I had a good start from P16, but like many ended up being a victim of the 1st turn mayhem getting punted into the sand trap, no biggy as the car was still handling well so I pushed on. Managed to get down to 12th during the 1st half of the race and by the time the pitstops started I dropped to 9th, but then I was 1st and all alone which meant one thing..........SERVER CRASH.
    @Anon666 Thursday official practise is good for me :thumbsup:
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so are any results going to happen in the championship for this?
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    No mate, we will re-run the event next week :thumbsup:
    Oblisc likes this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay guys, I have some news regarding the server,
    The voice facility is part of the service, so we can set it up and use that, although it's stability is uncertain :cautious: :thumbsup:.

Jordan has also placed a .bat file in the server as AC doesn't have a server crash log by default, also said he will look into the server system logs to see if there is an explanation for the crash there.

I think it may be in our best interest to see if we can't replicate the crash, by utilizing Thursday nights practise session. If we all get on we can load the server up again, run a short race 10-12 laps and see if it crashes, if we succeed we can consult the log and possibly find the glitch and eradicate the little fooker before the re-run on Monday. I'm hoping it was a one of event due to our not so great Oz interwebnetmess :roflmao:
  7. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Well even with half distance it was still a sheetload of fun.
    I mad a huge stuff up on Lap 1, spinning from 4th position in a place where I was wedged against the wall & couldn't move until the whole damn field had passed by! But that was when the fun began - just focused hard on being consistent & managed to carve my way back up the field, with a little help from some very kind drivers on the way through "Thanks for that".
    By the pitstop I was up to 10th position & with a lightning stop was looking to good to make some time up on the next driver.

But, you know the story from here - server crashed. So, gutted to not be able to see where I would've ended up, but also grateful for the chance to start fresh at the front. Some super-fast boys in this lot. Gonna be a fun series.
    Anon666, KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    OK guys,
    I have created a MediaFire folder for each car in AC season 1 so we can upload our custom skins.

As suggested, please keep your naming conventions for your zip files as below:
    [make]_[model]_[drivername]_[skin name] Note: skin name is optional.
    eg. Ferrari_458S3_Doogle_SuperCheapAuto.zip

UPLOADING SKINS
    Here are links to each folder, which should allow you to upload your skins directly to the specific folder:

Alfa_Bianco Skins

KTM_xBow Skins

Ferrari_458S3 Skins

Lotus_EvoraGTC Skins

Mercedes_SLSGT3 Skins

P4/5_Competizione Skins

Tatuus_Abarth Skins

DOWNLOADING SKINS
    Here is a link to the root folder so everyone can download available skins.
    AC Skins Folder

Anon, feel free to add this to the 1st post in this thread so it is easy for everyone to find....

Cheers :thumbsup:
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Dave you're a legend. OP updated. Still loving that skin btw!!
    DoogleDave likes this.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Teamspeak is up to 25 slots, so no more worries there.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Even organised previously uploaded skins into the new folder structure - Bloody Arm-stump... erm I mean Leg-end!
  12. joshmuggo

joshmuggo Rookie

I might come and have a play in this when I can.
    Steam username: joshmuggo
    ID: 76561198027445386
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    S_CLOSE, Oblisc, JonoStan96 and 4 others like this.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey Josh, good to see you sign up, and also back on the forum. Mate we were all rooting for you at GTA last year, and you certainly did yourself and Australia proud. You would have been a deserved winner that's for sure. Hope something comes up for you in the future.

Until then feel free to come and bump panels with us in AC. All the boys are really enjoying it and the guys at the pointy end could do with another alien to keep them on their toes.
    t_b_williams, R0T0R-AU86 and S_CLOSE like this.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    haha now rotor will be even more unhappy about the server dying after his commanding lead!
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    I'll be jumping on tonight for prac hope to see most of you there so we can really get this server cooking and try to crash it again so we know what to tweak so it will never happen again :thumbsup:
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Nah mate, its all good - the more the better :)
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

What if i join
  18. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    waste of a slot... lol :p
    t_b_williams likes this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Haha good on ya
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I should be on tonight unless we get a flood...shouldn't joke, it's getting pretty wet down these parts. Won't be on till after 9pm AEDT though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.