Division 4 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Shows how accurate the replays are,on mine you kick off the ripple strip and side swipe me,putting my RH side in the dirt! lol How are we supposed to discuss incidents when both parties get different replays? Once again,WELL DONE PD!!!!!!
    Was a good race though,probably took it a bit too easy early on,but to climb to 5th was good compared to Fuji(not hard,lol)
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yeah, I'll say. My replay showed that I finished just in front of Blindman. Bloody PD.
    DekGT5mad, Blindman and DoogleDave like this.
  3. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Big scare!!! Lost my internet and phone yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrow night. Been setting what I'll feel to be some good times, my biggest concern is being black flag for accidentally cutting the chicanes, especially the first corner. How tuff will the race strewarts be on having four wheels over the white line?
    Blindman likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    If it's to avoid an accident in the first corner it's not an issue, you see all forms of motor sports do that on the first lap, it's when it happens regularly you will be pinged. A bit like the v8s at Gold Coast, cut three times and it's a drive through !! ( not that tough, but if someone does it intentionally then there is an issue)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I am having trouble setting up an online room. I have weather at race start set at 50, weather change ability fixed, surface water 50, tyres IM, but the surface water is no where near enough and I can do lap times 4 seconds faster than ever before. I had come-and-get-me7 in my room this morning and he noticed it but could not see anything wrong with the room settings. We bailed out of the room and he opened another room that was good. I have tried opening a room tonight and noticed immediately that the surface water is nowhere near enough again. I have even tried opening a room at another track with completely different settings and changing back to Monza wet but this does not work. Has anyone got any ideas. Cheers.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Set your off track and wet track grip settings to real. That'll put a spanner in the works.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Thanks Ad, that seems to have worked.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Another average finish. Think I was 5th or 6th in qualification and got an absolute blinder of a start this time, slotting in behind BLINDMAN for second. Stayed out wide entering the first chicane and dropped 1 place to Dbn. I saw Dbn off the track ahead but didn't realise I'd caused it he was a fair way ahead (3 secs?) if I'd known I'd have waited sorry. Could only see 6 on track all race. Anyway Molch started to pressure and tried a pass up inside at Ascari but held him off around the outside. He must have been cringing every time he came near me with our history lol. Anyhow, I had a slow run next lap on the back straight leading to Ascari and I knew he was right on me, I looked back to see him coming up and I moved over to give him room but the wrong bloody way!! I blocked him like a pro but let him past with a flash of the lights as an apology. Tried to stay with him but now had turbo breathing down my neck and after a couple of runs he made short work of me and took off after Molch. Ran alone for last half of the race, making some little errors here and there, little slides that I caught thank Christ and no spins which I was very happy about. Molch dropped back towards me near the end but not close enough to do anything with and I finished 5th after all the invisible people revealed their positions. Well done BLINDMAN.

Going shopping for a router.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Where was everyone tonight ??? Only 6 starters ??
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No there were more check sookbook turbo had the full numbers.
    Blindman likes this.
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Very happy with a 2nd place finish last night. That track is tough in the wet and pushing it each lap means you're just waiting to come unstuck - which thankfully I didn't do.

Reasonably happy with my quali as I knew I was nowhere near as fast as some but I was up near the front so that gave me a good chance.
    I made a reasonable start off the line and eased through turn 1, trying to avoid the myriad of cars all attempting to squeeze through.
    The first couple of laps I just took it easy and didn't try to make any moves, finding my feet and letting Dbn and Turbo ahead of me fight for position early.
    I think it was lap 3 or 4 coming down the back straight I managed to get into Dbn's slipstream and we both passed Turbo like a freight train, before hitting the brakes hard to slow in time for Parabolica.
    Turbo was right behind me and passed me by as we got back onto the main straight. As we came out of turn 1 Turbo lagged ever so slightly and I thought I was going to hit him so I steered right which put me just off into the grass and I felt my heart sink (I thought my race was over).
    Luckily, with some finess of the "jandal" (to use an Emmoism) I was able to bring the Macca back on track with minimal setback and pushed on to catch back up to Turbo.

A lap or two later Turbo hit the gas a bit too hard coming out of Ascari and lost it out onto the grass, allowing me my chance to jump into second place. From there I concentrated on one thing, keeping it on the track. I managed to get to about 5 seconds behind Blindman at one point and then he decided to hit some 47's which blew out the gap again. I realised that short of him making a fatal error I was not going to catch him in these track conditions, so again I settled in for a second place finish and drove my own race.

Turbo was slowly gaining on me and with several laps to go he was only a couple of seconds behind me, and gaining with each lap. I decided to throw caution to the wind and pushed my limits a bit further, in an attempt to stay ahead of Turbo. My theory was that if he was faster than me and caught me then he deserved second place, but I wasn't going to hand it over easily.
    I continued to keep my pace as I high as I dared and with a couple of laps from the finish Turbo made an error which saw me move clear again. From there I eased off and made sure I finished the race, crossing the line in second place behind Blindman, who was just too fast (again).

As hard as it was to drive in those wet conditions I welcomed the challenge and it really mixed up the season and made for a different race. Looking forward to the sprint rounds at Motegi next and I'm hoping I can find some speed to stay with Blindman, who will no doubt be up at the front again.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Can anyone post the results here so I can do the tables?
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Stu, it was 11 starters, 10 finishers.

I was hoping to improve on my successive 4th placings this round and was aiming for my first podium of the season.

In practice I was on pace for a front row spot, but in qualifying it never came together and I grabbed 4th with a disappointing 1.50.xxx

Race time, and I got a decent start and was into third once through the first chicane. Lap 2 and Blindman glitched a bit in second spot and vanished into thin air so I inherited 2nd while Blindman magically reappeared behind me seconds later!! A few laps later I made a small mistake and dropped to 4th and not long after that another silly mistake dropped me all the way to 8th spot. Wow, lots of work to do from here.

Picking my way through I had some good battles with Evilmoon and Molch etc (and moon, you didn't hit me lap 6, that was me going too wide mate). SOOO hard to not outbrake yourself in the wet! Battling through and I made my way finally into third spot with about 10 laps to go. Blindman had vanished about 16 seconds ahead which was the gap for 90% of the race for me. I could just see Doogle's spray ahead in second so I set about hunting him down. I was catching him relatively quickly and got right up on him a couple of times, but little tiny things here and there would give him a couple of tenths gap back. I was never able to grab the slipstream on the main straight. On the penultimate lap, I went too deep into the top end of the circuit second right hander and slid into the sand losing me a few seconds. Coming back onto the road with dirty and wet tyres the thing was wheelspinning all the way into 5th gear, hairy ride I can tell ya!!

The other result of this was that for the previous ten laps or so, Blindman and myself were swapping fastest laps. We must have swapped about 5 or 6 times in that period, with Blindman doing a Brocky and stealing it on the very last lap by just a tenth!! (you bugger, LOL)

So I finished third, which met my goal of an improvement, but so tantalisingly close to second position!!

From memory (which is hopeless) the finishing order was (I will check replay tonight and confirm):

1. Blindman
    2. DoogleDave
    3. Disturboed
    4. Molch
    5. moon
    6. Ad2mny
    7. kiwi
    8. emmo
    9. Kart
    10.Hazeone
    11. Dbn26 (DSC)
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    6th now? Nooooooooo!!!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Good job Blindman and well done Dave and Turbo. What can say about my race, it started well but went pear shaped to soon. Then harder i tried the later I braked the slow I went. Made to many mistakes. What let me down was my poor braking technique. So do have something to work on.
    Blindman and DoogleDave like this.
  16. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Yes, I found it was much better to brake a little earlier, roll through the turn and then get back onto the gas once the car had straightened up.
    Occasionally I would brake slightly later but I didn't want to push my luck and brake too late - or I knew I'd be quickly facing the opposite direction watching the cars all pass me by :)
    Blindman likes this.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Don't quote me on those, I'll double check it tonight. There are probably mistakes in that list.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    The good news is that I only had 1 minor off the whole race. This helped as my lap times were not great. Luckily there were a few around me that found the grass or gravel every now and then to allow me to stay in front of them. As usual qualified towards the back and thats pretty much were I stayed however I did not get lapped and managed to maintain a view of several drivers up ahead on the map for much of the first half of the race. Well done to Blindman on his win. In spite of our many driver training evenings, Blindman's talent has failed to rub off on to me. He does have a couple of years headstart on me though.
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Interesting night, I got into Deks room early and all looked OK and I could see everybody, I ran some fairly consistent laps of practice and even enjoyed a very entertaining couple of laps with Molch. Then just before qually Dek advised that he was setting up a new room, I left the room we were in and went to join his new room and as has been the case many times before my troubles started.
    After three failed attempts I went back and cleared my cache and tried a couple more times without success. I then reset everything and tried again with no luck. I sent messages to DB and Evil to go ahead without me and assumed they had. I attempted to get in again just so I could watch and get the results for the tables and I finally got in. I noticed some frustration being expressed by Dek as I slowly entered the room and noticed that they were still in qually so told them to start when they were ready, I could jump in and start at the back. Once I entered the track I realised there were still 5 minutes left of qually so put in a time that put me 7th. I still had time for another lap but as I started around the Grande Curva I was distracted by car going slowly and put two wheels on the grass and spun. I got back on track and saw Kart coming up and as I was back on the inside racing line thought it best to move to the outside to give him room. Unfortunately he was committed to going outside me and I got in his way and caused him to crash.
    I texted an apology to him but that sent me back to the lobby and I just rejoined the track as the count down began. Evil must have had a similar experience as he was in the pit lane and was starting with me on the back row. Nevertheless I was just glad to be sitting on the grid at this stage.
    My start went well and I managed to pass some cars at the first chicane and headed to the second in 6th place. As I braked for the second chicane Evil gave me a tap in the left rear corner which speared me to the right putting my right hand wheels on the grass. With the extra momentum from the shove and only two wheels on track there was no way I could stop and ended up spearing sideways through the chicane and clanging off the barrier then bouncing back onto the track after the chicane exit, I missed everybody I think and even made up a position or two. Unfortunately the 10 second penalty I earned for my effort saw the rest of the field file past and once I got going again I was well back and in last place.
    I gained on Haze and after a mistake from him at the first chicane I moved to second last. I quickly got past Kart after a little error from him but handed the place back after a slithery moment that cost me a few seconds. I stalked Kart for a few laps and eventually got a better run down the pit straight and took him into the first chicane and began chasing after Evil. Turbo fell back to run between me and Evil for a while but he quickly recovered and passed Evil and I never saw him again. At about lap 10 as I was approaching the last corner I saw an arrow pointing the wrong way in the middle of the corner and as I exited onto the straight DB was recovering and slithering
    about trying to get back up to speed. I had to slow to figure which way he was going to go but managed to pick the correct side and passed him on the run to turn 1. I quickly handed the place back to him with yet another lurid moment and a lap or two later he suddenly speared into the pit wall at the start/finish line and then a few seconds later DSCd. For a while Kiwi dropped back between me and Evil
    but he too passed Evil and I never saw him again either. Meanwhile my attempts to catch Evil were suffering from having slippery moments which dropped me back every time I made ground.
    I eventualy dropped the car all together at the exit to the last corner and Kart got by me. From there on it was game of musical chairs between Kart, myself and Haze as we would take turns chasing each other until somebody made a mistake. I did enjoy some close racing with Kart throughtout the race but he eventually beat me home by over 25 seconds and I just managed to hold off Haze.
    All in all it was a very poor effort from me and although I set a PB in the race I was still 1.5 seconds off the pace and made way too many mistakes, I was almost lapped towards the end.
    Well done to the podium, very fast and consistent, good run from turbo to climb back up from just in front of me early on to finish on the podium.
    With my internet connection not being up to scratch, if a new room is called just before qually again I will drop out. I will continue do this until my new connection to the NBN comes on line which should be within a week or two.
    I hope to have it sorted and be back on track for the last couple of races. The current situation is causing too much frustration and over the last two weeks at least one competitor has been invisible to me during the race.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Turbos results have Ad2 and Evil transposed and Kart and I transposed, Kart definitely beat me by a mile. I need to know where Ad2 finished as he was the one I don't have in my replay, anybody able to assist?