Season 12: Division 2 (Corner Carver's)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Firstly I must apologise to Vendalism, on lap 15 he and I were in a fabulous battle with Disturboed for 4th place, at the fourth turn, the long, long right hander, he ran a little wide behind Turbo, I'm not sure whether he just drifted wide or was trying to take turbo around the outside but I managed to slither up the inside of him about half way around the corner, as we exited I didn't leave him enough room, I was struggling to hold a tight line, and I squeezed him into the wall on the left. It allowed turbo to get away as the bump slowed Ven enough to drop back from him. Unfortunately for me the impact sent me head on into the wall on the right and damaged both my front wheels and lost me 10 seconds to turbo and about 5 to Ven.
    Again, I'm very, very sorry Ven, it ruined what was up until then a very exciting battle.:(

Full report to come.
    garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to the podium finishers, you guys had great pace. Pole and fastest lap to Closey, well done, lucky for us you haven't got your car to sing yet!!!

I managed to qualify 5th with my fastest ever online time at this track in this car, I actually held 2nd on the grid for a good part of qualifying until Nugget, Stumbles and Vendalism did their final laps. I ran my car in the green and gold of the Jim Russel racing Lotus 59 that Emerson Fittipaldi took the Lombank F3 championship in '69, his first year in Europe.
    The race started in a very orderly manner and I held my 5th pace for the first lap but then hit the inside wall at the left hand turn 2 which allowed Disturboed to pass me.
    I ran in close company with him and Ven until I hit the inside wall at turn 1 and this let Evilmoon get on my tail and eventually pass me. I was now back in 7th and things weren't looking very good for me.
    It took me unti lap 7 to eventually pass and pull away from Evil, it was a great battle Evil. Over the next couple of laps I closed and passed Disturboed, DekGT also closed right up behind us as well. Towards the pits stops on lap 12 I was gaining on Ven and had Disturboed and Dek very close behind.
    After we all pitted on lap 12 I came out in 4th place with what I thought was a good gap back to Disturboed and Ven but I must have been too tentative on the cold tyres as Disturboed flew past me at the end of the back straight and Ven got me next time down the front straight. We then had a great battle for a couple of laps until I spoilt it on lap 15 and this let Disturboed get a 5 second lead on Ven and a 10 second lead on me. Luckily for me Dek and Evil weren't close enough to get me as I backed out of the wall and got back up to speed.
    Ven seemed to struggle a bit over the next few laps and a moment for him at turn 1 let me get on his tail and then he hit the turn 1 wall again next lap and this allowed me to get clear.
    Disturboed was still about 11 seconds in front but just like in the first stint I started to gain on him when the tyres were about 7 laps old. Unfortunately my incident meant I was too far back to do much. I closed the gap to about 5 seconds but then the gap stabilised and I followed him home about 4 seconds back.
    Looking at the race lap times I was well off the pace, a second and a half from the podium runners and a half second behind the next slowest runner, so a fifth place was probably as good as I could expect.
    I don't think I am going to be much of a threat to the fast guys in the Championship or the Rookie class for that matter, but it was good fun and I enjoyed some great battles during the race.
    Ad2mny and Mustafur like this.
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Wow, top 4 fastest lap times covered by 0.099 seconds! Kewl!

Not really being one to love Tokyo too much, I wasn't really expecting a great result, but in the end, it was a pretty decent one. Qualified 6th on the grid, and I thought uhoh this race is gonna be bad!

Race start, maintained position for the first lap, right up Emmo's bum. My car was still 7HP down on full run-in, so I couldn't pass Emmo on the straight, even with the draft. Came up into Turn 2, Emmo hit the wall and he had slowed right down on the line through the corner I had already committed too! Crap I'm going to hit him, but somehow by magic, I kept my line and Emmo's car moved forward just enough for me to get past. Lap 4 and Vend had a hit on the inside of Turn 1 and I had a good look into Turn 2 but thought better of it. I got a better run out of the big sweeping hairpin and past him just before the corner, and we ran side by side up the hill before the kink. He was offline for it though and got squirmy allowing me through and to compound it he hit the inside of the turn at the top giving me a slight breather gap. So now I was running in fourth for a few laps until he got me again down the main straight on Lap 7. Lap 10 I had a good slide into Turn 1 which allowed Emmo right back on my tail, and I was all over the shop for the next few corners, more like I was in a drifting competition! Good patient driving by Emmo got him back around me in the second half of the hairpin. Back down to 6th, stayed on Emmo's tail and pitted with the bulk of people at the end of lap 12.

Chucked in 7 litres just to be safe having to do 13 laps, and exited the pits ahead of Vend who chucked in lots of fuel. Following Emmo out of the pits a couple seconds behind, but I closed in over the next half a lap pushing the cold tyres. Emmo slid into the wall at the kink allowing me the inside run up the second half of the hill and I took 4th at the top. Lap 14 Emmo had the draft and took me into Turn 1, but it was very close and we were side by side into Turn 2, were I re-took the spot around the outside as he took the tighter inside line. Pulled a mini-gap, but on the start of Lap 16 Vend had pulled alongside with the draft and brought Emmo with him. I managed to maintain position through Turns 1 & 2, but he ran wide through the hairpin and the next time I looked in the rearview, I saw a green car shooting across the track! From here, I built the gap and it was enough to be able to maintain the position till the end of the race on fast deteriorating tyres and with a fast closing Emmo. Even though we weren't bumper to bumper, he was putting on the pressure, and I did make some minor mistakes gifting him a few seconds, so well done to him for that.

4th spot @ Tokyo. Good race, can't believe i did the whole thing without spinning it or something. So many times I had practically full opposite lock on!

Well done to Stumbles on a dominant win, and to Nugget and Closey for rounding out the podium. You guys ran a good fast race, too fast for me!

Onto Monaco!
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96, emmo46 and 2 others like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    All times accross the DIVS
    1. warrior2167.........1:50.407  Div1
    2. Mustafur............1:51.048  Div1
    3. X4rotorsploxX.......1:51.247  Div1
    4. Anon666.............1:51.536  Div1
    5. Cyber_STIG_77.......1:51.497  Div1
    6. natmanscoop.........1:52.105  Div1
    7. N64TheStig007.......1:51.527  Div1
    8. Zampli..............1:51.262  Div1
    9. S_Close.............1:52.639  ..Div2
    10.Nugget..............1:52.666  ..Div2
    11.Stumbles............1:52.672  ..Div2
    12.Disturbo............1:52.738  ..Div2
    13.TBWiliams...........1:53.081  ....Div3
    14.Darko...............1:53.269  ....Div3
    15.Vendalism...........1:53.564  ..Div2
    16.Evilmoon............1:53.660  ..Div2
    17.Dbn26...............1:53.719  ..Div2
    18.garyw61.............1:53.719  Div1
    19.Sparklehead.........1:54.022  ....Div3
    20.Emmo................1:54.122  ..Div2
    21.BJ..................1:54.575  ....Div3
    22.Haze................1:55.225  ....Div3
    23.Darkace.............1:56.091  ....Div3
    24.Clevo...............1:58.735  ....Div3

Ad2mny and S_CLOSE like this.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    How do you edit your avatar thingy to show Season 12: Apex Kings ????
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    If you hover your mouse over your username (top right), then select the personal details tab from the pop-up box that appears, there is a custom title section under your avatar.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Must be an admin thing, I don't get that option. Will remain Active Member :(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Ahh sorry guys. I havent been on here for a while. I didnt realise the season had already begun.
  9. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    No worries Dougz, get some practice at Monaco and come join us Sunday night.
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Just like he said?? There must be a way to change, I've seen a few guys with things other than active member? KC, Koastr, you guys have any ideas??
  11. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Hi,had a good race,started slowly and wound into it coming up to pass evil,then got up to emmo,turbo & ven,and went into the pits right behind turbo,but put too much fuel in and came out 15 secs behind in 7th. I got stuck in and closed up,passed ven,(think when he was damaged) then settled into a rhythm and got within 5 secs of turbo,but made a mistake ending up 11 secs back. All in all not too bad considering i'd hardly raced gt5 for a while,don't really love the NSX in standard setup,and only like tokyo the other direction. Had a good battle with evil,emmo and turbo,was good fun. See ya's at Monaco on sunday. Are we starting early due to f1's,i don't care either way,just so long as i know.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    F1 doesnt start till 10pm doesn't it?

Usually the non enduros go for 40 to 50 mins so it should be fine either way.
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    yea we started 5 minutes late on sunday and we were all done by 9.30pm! so i reckon no need for earlier start
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Cool Banana's,see ya's Sunday! :p Go Webber,Go Webber,Go Webber!!! He,Kimi,Alonso & Lewis should take turns catching Vettel,by cutting his rear tyre with their front wing for a few races,so the german brat doesn't win the drivers championship! LOL:confused::cool::D:eek::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Great to see you have the balls to admit your mistake! :p:D I've come across heaps of people in iracing rookie leagues,that stuff up big time,causing a multicar incident,then deny it was them!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:o_O
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I remember in my first race I protested against myself because I kept cutting the penultimate corner on Trial Mountain Reverse and everyone was like WTF?!? :D
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I notice there are quite a few different lines into and through the chicane at Monaco. I have also noticed that with weak penalties on you can cut an awful lot of it. At first I was just hitting the rumble strip in the entry with my right side tyres but the fast guys are hitting it with their left tyres. It's real hit and miss that corner, if you do end up on the inside (wrong side) of the rumbles it either spits you out into the wall or gives you an awesome line. I will be trying to keep at least 2 wheels on the rumbles.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    ROTFLMFAOTIPM :D:D:D:D:D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Congrats Serg on the win, well done to the rest of the podium too... Venda and Nugget.

I went from Hero last week to a massive Zero this week.
    Copped a collision penalty for hitting Moon at the chicane after he hit the wall, then I tagged the back of OverDrivve when he got sideways coming into the swimming pool, by the time he got going again and I let him past, I was last. Did'nt get much better after that, couldn't get anywhere near the times I was setting in practice the other day.

Thank god that track is done with, move on the greener pastures (and no bloody walls) next week.

[​IMG]

Fastest Laps...
    1. Vendalism - 1:43.572
    2. Nugget - 1:43.739
    3. S_Close - 1:43.749 (Pole Position)
    4. Dougz - 1:44.383
    5. Dbn26 - 1:44.628
    6. Stumbles - 1:44.820
    7. OverDrivve - 1:45.170
    8. Disturboed - 1:45.309
    9. X-Evilmoon - 1:45.464
    10. emmo46 - 1:45.591