Gran Turismo 7 - Return of The Teams Championship

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We are thinking of bringing back something we used to do in past seasons called The Teams Championship.

Here is a link to the thread for the last time we did this:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gran-turismo-7-season-3-teams-championship.4814/

To do this we would need enough team captains to run each team.

Please let us know if you are interested in being a captain, and also if you wish to remain a privateer if this does go ahead next season (privateers are not included into teams)

Some ideas to change:
    -2 drivers per division in each team and 1 reserve per division whose points only contribute if 1 of the main drivers does not start (doesn't get used if main driver is penalised or disconnects)
    -Removal of joker picks
    -Removal of drop round
    -Change of draft system - instead of drafting one driver at a time, all captains submit a selection of 1st driver, 2nd driver, and reserve. 1st drivers will be locked in (unless 2 or more teams want the same 1st driver) etc (I will need to work out some details here)
    -Team changes so that they are only sponsor focused. I.e. drop BHR (use BHR liveries only for ROC) and only using sponsors that provide products usable with GT7

Please also post if you have any ideas for changes.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  3. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Sounds interesting. I will give it a shot as a driver
  4. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with:
    Some ideas to change:
    -2 drivers per division in each team and 1 reserve per division whose points only contribute if 1 of the main drivers does not start (doesn't get used if main driver is penalised or disconnects)
    -Removal of joker picks
    -Removal of drop round
    -Change of draft system - instead of drafting one driver at a time, all captains submit a selection of 1st driver, 2nd driver, and reserve. 1st drivers will be locked in (unless 2 or more teams want the same 1st driver) etc (I will need to work out some details here)
    -Team changes so that they are only sponsor focused. I.e. drop BHR (use BHR liveries only for ROC) and only using sponsors that provide products usable with GT7
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    @CaptainRisky21 is happy to pickup Captaincy of BHR should it return, as am I with SAR.
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Personally I think our prior system worked quite well. If anything I'd maybe trim it and set each team to have say 2 or 3 guaranteed spots in each Div that they must fill, allowing room for privateers. Should any of those drivers be unavailable, Reserves should be able to step in and score points for the team if they wish to be eligible to do so.
    Joker picks I agree with the removal, drop rounds could potentially stay. I think the draft system was particularly well managed if not a little tedious.

I'd barrack for keeping BHR, they're a staple team and mean a lot more than just being a team.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Happy to continue to run NLR. If someone new wants a crack, I can mentor.
    groover33 and Viperzed like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we would probably combine PRT/NLR again
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    The draft system worked well when every captain was available on a call/PSN chat. I'd say adjust your number to a minimum 2 per div to account for any privateers reducing available numbers, then build form there.

Just reflecting on this personally, I haven't missed it and I know others have.
    Viperzed likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield