Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    I can see for myself, even in this division I am off pace.
    Not as bad as div 1b and I do thank Emmo again for swapping. I can see Emmo did have a decent day on the track.

I got where I was by avoiding carnage but was constantly watching my mirrors and finding spots to let the faster cars pass and the one occasion I managed to block/hold inside someone on the hairpin which only saved me a lead down the last straight.
    One day I might be able to overtake someone here in this group who isnt in the shadow realm, ghosted, pitted or in a pileup.

I watched replays of the various carnage, It was a bit of a bowling alley happening and also looked 3 wide at that first corner. Some rubber banding from one or 2 cars also probably played a mess with the corner which would have made it a RNG if you were to survive.

I did enjoy both races with you guys and look forward to the next one.
    This is such a good setup and I thank you people for allowing me to be part of it.
    This is much better than doing the GT races where players are learning to push the penalty limits and do alot of push to pass crap to get by.

Thanks again.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had no dramas at all and some excellent racing in 1B. The fast guys here in div 2 are only marginally slower than the leaders in 1B so a win or podium for me is not likely in either div. There was a little chaos in 1B but I was lucky to avoid it.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  3. spleece

spleece Rookie

PSN ID
    spleece

Spleece #14
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    This must be one of the most enjoyable sprint rounds for me in a long time. Despite a couple of self-induced spins, everything went OK and I enjoyed a great scrap with @Bluemoon in R1 where we must have swapped places 4 or 5 times. Much the same in R2, this time with Beats and Doodah. Unfortunately I caught a little too much of the inside curb at tur 10 and around I went.
    @Viperzed a reminder that I'm away next week so @Xtr3meNZer will need to host if he's available. If not I think @T-GT_Racing offered to host.
    Viperzed likes this.
  5. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Yep, I can host if required
    T F Eccles likes this.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Couple tweaks to the rest of the season. Firstly, Thanks to some strong feedback, I've moved Round 5 from Grand Valley South Reverse, to Highway 1. This will be the FINAL change made to the layouts this season.

The mandatory tire change rule has been tweaked. During a race it is mandatory that AT LEAST TWO of these FOUR COMPOUNDS are used. RM, RS, IM and W. The only time this rule does not apply will be if you start on Intermediates or Wets, you are then permitted to run the entire races on one compound, however are still required to make a mandatory pit stop.
    T F Eccles, Bluemoon and T-GT_Racing like this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 06/08 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout - 20 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Dawn - 10x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 4 and 17, as well as generally around the entire circuit, with a keen focus tonight on overtakes completed OUTSIDE TRACK LIMITS. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the right prior to the final corner and avoid the walls. You may receive a penalty for overstepping the mark on entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to practice the pit exit as you will navigate the inside exit road up Eau Rouge. Once on circuit, stay drivers right down kemmel if in traffic.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Spa Francorchamps
    Spa produced a thoroughly enjoyable enduro round last season. This season we shorten things up with a standard 45 minute round, weather lurking. Make sure you have Wets and Inters handy incase the heavens open.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Quick request to whoever provides the screenshots of race results - please make sure it is toggled to PSN ID (by pressing square) if they aren't already, this saves a bit of time when doing the results tables. Thanks.
    T-GT_Racing, Blunty075 and ADZA_85 like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    My gear is still in transit so I won't be racing tonite.
  10. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    For the first few laps I thought I was going to have a good and fun race then it turned to :poop:. I got stuck behind one car that started to lose traction through the cnr's and instead of driving with a little respect they slammed the brakes on right in front of me, leaving me to either punt them or nearly come to a complete stop to avoid losing it in the grass. Fast forward to the right turn onto the back straight. I caught the car again and he lost traction enough that I would've been able to pass on the right, but instead of that he kept driving right leaving me no option but to go off track and spinning out. It completely :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: my race, I did what I could to catch back up and recover but I had to use extra fuel and tyre to do so and because of that I had nothing when I caught back up.
    After I pitted I thought it was over because I was now in last place but I was wrong again. A few laps in I caught a couple cars and as they turned right at the end of the front straight one of them lost traction hit the car beside it off the track and kept going instead of re-dressing the incident. I was fortunate enough to pass and a short time later the car I watched getting hit was behind me and by the way he was driving I could only assume he thought I was the one that hit him and I ended up losing that.
    I think I'm going to start driving like :poop: whilst I decide whether I want to keep driving in here because I'm not enjoying the racing in here anymore. You can race hard whilst driving respectfully.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  11. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Thats dissapointing to here and im sorry you had a race like that. 20 laps of Spa with thst type of menacing driving makes it no fun for anyone.

I can only hope they learn to improve and everyone should be respectful and follow the racing rules. I hope you can have a better race next time
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the only way people will learn is if you protest, otherwise they might never know they are doing the wrong thing
    T-GT_Racing and Steve Neilson like this.
  13. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    I will be missing next round due to RL events
  14. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Qualifying
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  15. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Well, I was glad to see the back of that race.

Didn't have a great run, got caught up in the aftermath of a collision which knocked me off track into a wall and that subsequently caused me to spin out again half a lap later.

I ended up making up a fair bit of ground, climbing back up to around 6th or 7th, but the mediums didn't agree with me and I lost it a couple of times, allowing for others to pass.

Just don't have good fortune at Spa - Looking forward to a clean slate at Trial Mountain next week.
    Peersy and Savage_Duck_75 like this.
  16. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Least you dint bring the weather.
    T-GT_Racing and ADZA_85 like this.
  17. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Gotta admit, I was looking at that stormfront approaching and thinking to myself, "Not again"
  18. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Was one of the more difficult races for me, and at times through my errors i was willing to concede first place as i just wasnt driving smart enough.

Off the start Doodah was a threat and we were side by side down the straight. It was elbows out and i held onto it pulling a gap but kept giving it back up with slight errors.
    At one point i totally missed my breaking points toward the final chicane and went deep costing me a few seconds.
    It was head to head with Doodah through the pit stop stage and i came out in front of a charging competitior still on softs. It was difficult to stay ahead and i crumbled trying to drive the mediums like softs, conceding 1st place to Doodah.
    I smelt blood with a few errors from Doodah and put the squeeze on sneaking up the inside of T12 after a good run around T11. I managed to hold on to the end but i was conscious that X-3v1lm00n on the softs for the 2nd half of the race as i noted the mediums when they came into the pits. They were closing in at over 2 sec per lap and a lap more i may have been toast.

A great race by Doodah once again. I look forward to Trial Mountain, a bit of home territory for me there.
  19. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Another race to forget.
    I hedged bets and started with mediums after zero practice since last round. Weather was good and I had nice pace on mediums, softs would be better again but...was caught up with a couple of unfortunate incidents, other cars ghosting after spinning but being on track, and myself not being able to do anything in time resulting in bad damage for me and the recipient.
    Apologies to all, I don't know why it always happens to me. Not enjoying this at all.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  20. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    For me, its a safe bet to start the race on softs, as t carries the feel and balance over from qually.
    Also, you want to extend the softs as far as possible and fuel manage, because thats quicker then running mediums with fuel mode 1. The mediums are just too slow and give away too much. See if that helps you
    T-GT_Racing likes this.