Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 3 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  2. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'll take 3rd. Hadn't touched GT all week until about 4:30 today when I jumped on to see how long the softs might last. Qualified 9th, started on the RMs, gained a couple of spots on the opening lap. Kept my nose clean and drove as smoothly as I could to conserve the tyres. Benefited from a few offs then pitted on 14, came home on the RS. I did get a 2 for 1 deal when Doodah had a wiggle that let me past him and Spleece. Did the same smooth drive on the softs and brought it home to a podium.

Here's a thing...driving smoothly and consistently works! ;)
    Steve Neilson, Matthyus and Ozglenn like this.
  3. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I had an ok race, had a bit of a collision with Evilmoon when he shot out in front of me just after the bus stop (sorry mate, had nowhere to go).

After practice, I felt confident I could make 2 x 12 laps with softs, but in race, those tires shred faster than Kirk Hammet playing a 180bpm guitar solo.

Had a couple of good battles, in particluar with @spleece, but unfortunately as good as the battling was, we lost time and gave Evilmoon the opportunity to pass us both.

Had a drag race with @Beats143 out of the final corner, I thought for sure he was going to pass me. If the line had been another 100m or so, he probably would have.

Great racing at the Glen though, looking forward to next week.
    Beats143 likes this.
  4. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Tyre management was the order of the day for this race.

Quali: Got very lucky with this… had a cracker lap and provisional pole. Had to do a slash before the big race and pulled up after the chicane halfway through qualifying, and was expecting to be 4th or 5th when I came back. But was surprised I still had it, but only by 0.03.

Race: My strategy was 12 / 12 on mediums.
    Had an ok start, but managed to hold it on the first turn. Was expecting a few on softs to challenge me, but nothing came. I could see a cluster of cars behind me, so assumed they were fighting (or on the wrong tyres), and managed to pull away to 3 odd seconds after a couple of laps. At this point I changed my strategy: I will nurse these tyres until someone gets within 2 seconds of me, then I will push again. But this never happened, and the gap kept increasing… with this, I managed to conserve the medium tyres for 15 laps and had a good 40 second gap. Pitted end of 15, fresh softs, and a splash of petrol, came out still first, and about 7 seconds ahead of Ozglenn, and pushed for a couple of laps and got it out to about 10 seconds. Then worked on tyre management, and just did consistent mid 1:53’s for the rest of the laps. Was tempted to go for fastest lap, but did not want to do a silly mistake and lose 1st place.

Won by about 20 seconds… and still have about a 1/3rd of my front left tyre remaining. So very happy with this one.

Next up: Endurance at Spa….
    Ozglenn and incey like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: 04/06 - Spa 24h Layout Endurance - 36 Laps - Custom Weather - Evening - 12x

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:15pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:30pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 7:45 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 4, 9 and 14 - 17.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful that as we are utilising the Spa 24H Layout, Pit Exit will be at the top of the Eau Rouge conplex on drivers right. Cars exiting pit lane are to folloe the pit lines all the way until they are on the kemmel straight. Failure to do so will result in a penalty. Cars already on the circuit are to stay cautious of cars exiting pitlane.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Circuit De Spa Francorchamps

We come again to another crown jewel of endurance racing! Spa is a challenging yet flowing circuit nestled in the hills of Belgium. In game it is abundant in passing zones and straights to encourage side by side battling for a full 90 minutes. Keep your focus on staying in slipstream distance during the twisty sector 2 so that you may reap the rewards in sectors 1 and 3!

Rain is once again a factor in this 90 minute mega so keep your inters and wets handy in case! Endurance racing is no easy feat, please ensure you empty your bladder post quali but pre race and keep a drink (or two) nearby.
    Steve Neilson, Ozglenn and T F Eccles like this.
  6. Adam Thompson

Adam Thompson Rookie

PSN ID
    Greas3_Monkey005
    Hi what qualifying settings do we use is everything the same as the race just tyre wear off
    thanks
  7. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That's right mate, 10 min session with tire wear off, fuel same as race
    Ozglenn and Adam Thompson like this.
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A reminder to all the qualification starts at 7:30PM AEST tonight.
    Viperzed likes this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 4 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    NB: @Aiko_Mac started from 14th after manual grid set.

Result
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Hatfield and Bluemoon like this.
  10. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Well after starting on hards due to manual grid set and not paying attention to change tyres had a wonderful chug around by myself.
    Change to softs and got a low 29 so that made me happy.
    Thanks to Mr feclees for the room and all for coming along.
  11. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    WTF happened @spleece ?? I just had a hollow victory.

Quali: Had an average qualifier. Got caught behind someone slower. Managed 5th.

Race: Decent start, was 5th coming into Turn 5 - Les Combes - but someone missed their break marker, caused chaos for the top 5 - crashes, spinouts, off road - and I ended up coming out 11th. Got to 6th before getting clipped again, and back to 9th. Managed to fight back to 4th by the time of first pit, end of lap 12. Managed to get 1st place by lap 15, and then on Lap 22 - touched the green stuff coming out of turn 15 (Stavelot) and hit the wall - back to 4th. Last pit end of 24th, then just slowly regained position by position until the last 3 laps of the race.

@spleece and myself had a great fight these last 3 laps. He was better in sections 1 and 3, and me in section 2. On the penultimate lap, I got a better turn out of Stavelot, and managed to get side by side (the outside) by the Blanchimont… but I ran wide and even though I was slightly ahead - I was off the racing track, so I conceded the position and I pulled back a few seconds to make sure both of us ease through the last chicane for an easy 1st n 2nd.

But, it seems @spleece missed his break marker, and went straight instead of turning into the chicane. I was massively confused, looked back and was trying to see where he went, and i nearly lost it. I was going to let him back through, but Evil was coming in fast, so I straightened my car, and took the win. Very very weird.

Enjoy the long weekend, and see you at the sprints.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 5: 18/06 - Deep Forest Raceway (Sprint Round) - 2x 14 Laps - Custom Weather - (Sunrise - 4x) & (Evening - 4x)

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15 AEST & 8:45 AEST (Estimated)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 4, 8, 9, 11 and 12. Turn 10 is free use and may be used to the full extent.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you are to stay hard left to enter pit lane, in the event of an incident, precedence will be given to the car in pit entry. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are to stay drivers left if they are rejoining in traffic and may rejoin the racing line during T1.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Deep Forest Raceway

The old fan favourite, the Sprint Round is upon us, and it may set a few divisions up for the title run! Remember that the Sprint Round is 2 half distances races with the second grid being set based on the previous races results reversed. This usually makes for some spicy racing in the second race as well as a few tears. Please play your part to minimise these tears by respecting ALL drivers on track and playing smart. The sprint round still awards the same amount of points total as any other round, in fact the 2nd race format accounts for only half points compared to race 1, so no need to get shifty with your moves.

Deep Forest features two gargantuan straights that are easy to make moves at the end of, set up your competitors in the corners prior and maximise the run you get.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    "Turn 10 is free use and may be used to the full extent."
    @Viperzed does this refer to the area up to the wall on the right side of the trach as you exit the corner?
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It does, there will be no track limits penalties issued in regards to entry or exit of Turn 10.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  15. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Beats has informed me he will be absent this evening. No access atm
    T F Eccles likes this.
  16. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry guys I wont make it tonight .... I hope you have a good night
    T F Eccles likes this.
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 5 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]

Race 1 Result
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Result
    [​IMG]
    * Steve Goof elected to sit race 2 out.
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  18. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Tight field, only around a second between first and last on Q.

Sadly, I :):):):) the bed first race. Lost a lot of positions first couple of laps and never really recovered.

Knowing I would start up near the top for the second round, I was 100% focused on the prize. Passed Britz during some kind of weird lag spike and shot out to a solid lead. I saw btwong making his way through the pack, but this time round I had the consistency I was lacking during the first round. Managed to hold out until the end despite my front right tire crying out to me.
  19. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    In the second race, I was just trying to save my tyres even more than the first race which affected my pace which sucked for me. Being on controller makes it so much harder for me to reduce my tyre degradation.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    For once I had an enjoyable sprint round. Good racing in both races, respectful and competitive from all around me. Thanks to @Bluemoon for a good scrap over a number of laps, managed to pass him in both races round the outside at turns 1 in race 1, and the hairpin in race 2.
    Provisional Round result
    [​IMG]