GT7 Season 2 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Interesting read, appreciate you taking the time.
    Certainly something I'll try keep in mind going forward in the season.

Speaking of only my personal opinion here I feel that the general ability of some of us in Div 3 (or lower divisions in general across various seasons), is a little limited compared to the guys in the top 1-2 divs who have the pace and ability to make the small adjustments after identifying these things.
    So although I feel that I'm sure we'll all try to keep this in mind, I think most of us are just trying to go as fast as we possibly can whilst enjoying the race and friendly competition. Mistakes do and will likely happen and I think as long as we can each identify these and redress if need be if we've caused an issue it'll be fine.
    I don't know whether I'd personally expect to see D3 drivers making adjustments, allowances or a redress for other drivers based on that info unless they bump/punt someone else off of the track?
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I think you hit the nail on the head here when you questioned if D3 drivers would make adjustments. The idea of this wasn't for people to make adjustments. I haven't received a protest for driving standards since early into season 1 now so clearly everyone is driving very well and leaving eachother the space they deserve. If these guidelines don't need to be used because the driving is already clean? I'm happier than a pig in mud! But if they even remind someone that they should redress a position in the middle of the race, I'm glad they were of use.
    Beats143 and Mirkz2010 like this.
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    At some point in a community event you will race D1,2 peeps.
    You learn fast then :)
    I know I did, you learn to be more aware of surroundings.
    I tend to err on the side of leaving extra room as if we crash we both lose.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 2: Nurburgring GP - Custom Weather C02 followed by Random
    - Early Morning TOD 9x Variable Time - 23 Laps - 14/8

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 2 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8:00pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Room settings can now be changed via the lobby itself, therefore practice laps are able to be run prior to qualifying which will be run in ‘practice’.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be observed on Driver’s Right, Turn 4 as well as the NGK-Chicane at the end of the lap.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - Nurburgring GP:

The Nordschleiffe’s little brother, Nurb GP has its own quirks that must be respected. Pit Exit has the tendency to spit you out over the line immediately, it is recommended that you practice the pit exit to avoid a penalty. Be aware of the kerbs on the final chicane, they will be adjudicated as per normal RaceOnOz track limits. The kerbs can send your car dangerously sideways if you don’t show them enough respect.

A reminder too that this race has random weather slots that MAY be taken up by any level of rain. Ensure you have IM and W tires on standby.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Kieran_B33 and Steve Neilson like this.
  5. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    Such great racing tonight guys, real clean. Most fun I have had in ages. Thanks all
  6. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Awesome racing tonight well done all the guys on the podium, sorry for the tap Web fantastic racing, I nearly nailed you a few times we you got all crossed up so close.
  7. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    i felt the heat :) ... had no grip at the end ... thx for the redress ... i think yoi were faster
    ..i was wider :) ... next time
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You mugged me off the start mate! I just didn't get going, but you made a little error and I managed to sneak through. It got really dark at one point and I thought it might rain, but the clouds disappeared quite quickly!
    Good race for me, really found a nice rhythm.
    Onto the Red Bull Ring!
    RBRHoges97 and Matthyus like this.
  9. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Pole Leeboy
    Fl -Leeboy =1.56.976
    RBRHoges97 and Matthyus like this.
  10. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Congrats on the win!! Just to fast for us that for sure ;) Yep made a little mistake Web got past then I spent the whole race trying to get past him in that bloody Bus (so wide) :(
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    RBRHoges97, Matthyus and leeboy910 like this.
  11. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Thanks to all for coming along, full room and it ran well.
    No bouncing and such.
    Small number hiccup which we rectified and all was good.
    Seemed all clean from my viewpoint.
    Congrats to Leeboy. Blunty and Web.
    Any protests forward to the man ,the myth the legend young Mr Viperzed.
  12. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  13. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  14. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Turn 5 was killing me last night. I think I spun there twice and stuffed it 4-5 times. Just couldn't get it right for some reason, never had that much of an issue with it in practice laps.
    Managed to find some time particularly in first sector I think which saw my FL into drop 1:59 something.

Was great to see some close racing there with Hoges and Tony for a bit. I think I pit a lap earlier (somewhere around 15ish) as grip was starting to feel sloppy and I didn't want to risk it.

I think I held up Dash at one stage after a re-entry onto track (sorry mate!) but got out of the way eventually as you had more speed/grip at that point. Couple times I nudged Hoges but he didn't feel it ( thankfully) shame about the d/c would've been good to have you in there to the finish.
    RBRHoges97 and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    @Mirkz2010 ... some great racing for sure and was fantastic to have a full room with no glitches initially! Was going for the long strategy and tyres were holding up ok and was enjoying the racing however the disconnection put an end to all of that. Congrats to Leeboy, Blunty and Web for the podium and to all for what appeared to be good clean racing etc. See you a that Red Bull Ring Sprint Round... cheers
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  17. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I had an ok race. Only 2 bad mistakes.
    I was around the middle of the pack and I can't believe I stuffed the easiest turns on the first lap.
    Sent me to 16th and 20 sec behind. I managed to get to 12th, mainly relying on others mistakes but stuffed the chicane at the end. I don't think I would've held 12th, because the 2 behind me were faster.
    My goal is to one day soon, have a race with no mistakes. Even if that means going a bit slower. I'd rather sacrifice a second or two then 20 seconds from going off track.
    FL for me 2:00.493
    Steve Neilson and Easyprey007 like this.
  18. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I have proven time and time again you can be slower and still be successful. Consistency is the Key
    leeboy910 likes this.
  19. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep. My aim with every race is to be as consistent as possible.
    Time-trialling by yourself, in the same car, on the same circuit is a really good way to practice consistency.
    Turn off tyre wear and fuel use so you eliminate performance changes from the car, and try and keep your times within half a second over 10 laps...and then 4 tenths, then 3 tenths and so on until you can consistently stay within a tenth or so over 10 laps.
    Then you can bring in the variables of tyre wear and fuel usage and repeat the cycle.
    I'm not Div 1 alien by any stretch, but I've found my lap times have improved and my consistency has improved following this method.
    SirDids72, MONSTAR and Easyprey007 like this.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have won many races where I was way slower over a single lap but quickest race time.