GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    As I said in a previous post
    I just wish they had put all this upgraded technology, tracks, graphics, driving feel etc into a revamped GT Sport, which was a proven success and racing based game. I’m up to book 35 and have wanted to throw the game and cafe out the door so many times. Back and forth all over the place just to get a car, set it up,go to track to check conditions and then back to tune the right car and over and over. The cafe has become my most hated place on the planet. Then to have such a poor online rooms situation with the hassle of no copying the room or simple room changes made very difficult. We just want to race each other and run a series, but it’s a major hassle. There are some great advances, but they come at a high cost to us for what we want to achieve in a racing game. Never thought I could be this disappointed or frustrated. :(:(
    Finished all the books and only 3 license’s to get now.
    I believe we would all be singing a different tune (see what I did there) if they had gone the GTS way with all the new capabilities
    Pretty sure when I complete them I’ll be off to play golf and maybe back to COD. They have even ruined going back to GT Sport as graphically and physics wise it would be a disappointment now also. rip off rip off rip off. And #### off. See ya all in another realm.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Fix it or loose there empire I believe they will try dam hard. They have already _____ off a lot of people.
  3. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Just finished the cafe. Fun physics on an unfinished and floored game. So much stuff to get off my chest. Here we go....
    Regarding what Kaz has said recently.
    "We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
    It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
    We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view."

Ok I understand you want to build on the game but friggin get the base game sorted first. I see this as he doesn't want people collecting all the cars before they make more content/dlc. A lot of people will move on to a new game once they believe they have collected every car. Kaz wants you to stay for the long haul. The longer you stay the more likely they will cave and buy something with real money. But the Cafe feels like a side plot. This doesn't feel like a full gt game to me. I wanted an engrossing campaign like the early greats of past gt games.

So many little things that could have been improved on. Lots of quality of life things that far smaller companies can and have achieved in their games yet a big multi million dollar company like polyphony can't or won't incorporate. Does anyone actually play test games anymore? They need less yes men around kaz.

Just a few off my head
    • No HUD adjustments to your liking
    • Still no mirror functionality in all views
    • No field of view adjustments
    • Force feedback has taken a step back from gtsport. Very vague feeling
    • No button assignments to brake balance, fuel map, tc etc. If you want that you'll have to buy our brand new dd wheel made just for gt! If not, have fun scrolling/fumbling through all the mfd settings on your wheel dpad.
    • No ability to seperate rader from the mfd.
    • Still no telemetry options. Christ even Codemasters F1 can give you that. It's 2022. Allow app support. Let the the userbase make your game better
    • No option to just watch from roadside Replay cameras. I want to watch the race and the action. Not a super close up panning view of my car. Yes I get it. The graphics are great. Get on with it.
    • Abysmal lobby system. We just wanted an evolution from gtsports system. I think @JonoStan96 summed them up nicely.
    • No driver swaps. Thought it might have been a priority of kazs since the manufacturer series were so popular in the championships. Guess they'll continue with a 1 race per driver setup.
    • Pp system needs work
    • Road car physics need work. (They were fun wrangling them around though)
    Anything else I missed? So yeah there is heaps of potential here but they seem to rather put their time into the absolutely amazing music rally missions...

Anyway I still enjoyed what I have played so far. Still gotta go through the challenge missions and track time trials. But I'm getting ever closer to just going full pc sim setup. Gran Turismo is making it really hard for me to stay loyal to the console.
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Well...
    I haven't actually gotten my hands on GT7 yet since im overseas, but im hoping that in 2 months time when i have access to my ps5 again that pd will get to work & it won't be a broken mess like it is now. But hearing stories from friends, this forum etc i thought id put my thoughts on here too.
    Initially i was disappointed in the lead up to GT7 that i wouldn't be able to play it from launch and that I'd have to wait 2 and a half months to play it (perhaps this is a blessing in disguise), since this is a game I've been waiting for for many years.
    Now while waiting for GT7 to release i made a comment to a friend, a comment that turned out to be ironic. After we got the details on cars and track counts i told him that i felt underwhelmed by the low increase of cars/tracks from GTS to GT7, but i knew that they'd add plenty more content in every month so it wasn't the end of the world and I'd happily sacrifice content for a game that isnt riddled with bugs and issues upon release, hindsight right?

Now lets take that car & track count and flashback to gt6.
    GT6 has 3x as many cars as GT7, yes most were "standard" model cars and yes there was a lot of rebadging going on (Vauxhall-Opel or Monaro-GTO as examples) and dont forget the countless Skylines. But a quick google search tells you there was 474 premium 'detailed' cars in GT6, GT7 may have even better details and better sounds too but how have we gone backwards in car count across 2 console generations and nearly 9 years and still launch with a broken game? Yes GT7 has more track 'layouts' but GT6 has more 'locations' again how come on the ps3 we have more content on a game than the powerful ps5? And still have a load of issues?
    I probably wouldn't complain about this but with all these bugs and issues i think its fair...
    I dont have much more to add since im not actually playing and i think everyone here can cover it, i just wanted to point out this in particular. I'm glad i dont have to deal with this game in its current state
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I think we all need a big group hug! :inlove: Please keep venting the frustrations, a problem shared is a problem halved! :)

Is the game in a finished state? No, not really. As is the case for many games these days it seems. It did release on the release date though, guess they could have delayed it further, but not sure that would have gone any better for them than releasing now as it is.

I've enjoyed the times I've played it. Haven't invested a whole lot of time yet, about 15 menu books in or something plus 3 licences. I'm in no rush to get through the content either or own every car. Prefer to spend time in other games like R3E, iRacing, AMS2, AC, ACC, DR2 and just chill in GT7 now and then.

Looking forward to when lobbies become usable for league racing, cause that's where most of the fun lies.

Keep chillin' all! :cool:
  6. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Anyone else noticed any cars missing from their collection since the update? I've lost the Camaro ZL and @GasMonkee78 had lost the Mustang that was won around the same time as the Camaro. Not sure if there's any others missing
  7. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Totally agree mate. I'm critical because I love the game and I want it to be the best it could be.

Modding assetto corsa lately has been really fun. Lots of fun cars and tracks to try. I have so little time though. I have ACC but haven't even touched it yet :(
    JonoStan96 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    PD has officially committed seppuku.
    [​IMG]
    CaptainRisky21 and Noxrai like this.
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    We need a Lewis Hamilton dlc fast. Unlocking $100 million is the only way I'll buy those stupid expensive cars
  10. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

A few thoughts;

I spent about 30-45 minutes doing a (mostly) completed livery for the Gr4 Supra about a week ago, a few days later I couldn't edit it at all - just a plain black livery. This bug was listed as fixed as part of 1.07/1.08 but it doesn't really encourage investment in the game when there are bugs like this that delete/get rid of your progress.

It looks like both most lobbies and Sport Mode races have pretty janky connections at the moment (on top of lobbies not really having many options at all). I'm sure this will be fixed soon, simply because it has to be.

I did one GTWS race tonight on not too much practice and only 7 cars from the 17 entrants made it into qualifying, the rest disconnected - this was a common theme among every race that I saw/heard of in AU/NZ (though the Asia stream I saw seemed okay).

There is still a lot of potential in this game but there are issues they need to fix, which could take a while.
  11. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I did go and check my cars and all good from what I could tell. It’s quite strange that even though the game is massively glitched it can be different for everyone. Go figure.
    gtkingx likes this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I jumped on again last night for a few laps but have to say I'm almost over the grind already... Maybe its because im older and grumpier, but to me the game has revolved, instead of evolving. As @Noxrai and @JonoStan96 said above, there are many things that the 'racing' community want and need to make their communities better. It just hasn't happened. To me the physics are the biggest let down, the cars feel really vague and go from understeer to snap oversteer in an instant. I also feel like its all stuff I've done before, licence tests, Circuit experience bla bla bla.. All with cars that have been ported from GT5- GT6 - sport and now GT7.... of which a lot will be out of reach as there is no way ill be buying any credits. Among other things, what about the radar only working once you're in the room.... Porsche challenge, at Nurbring, get car, set up to 650PP, jump in room, raining, jump back out, buy inters, jump back in, adjust the PP and after the 157th button press was run off the road by the AI. :mad:

The only thing for me that is still class leading are the graphics (absolutely stunning) and the livery editor which is as good as anyone's brain will let it be.... Ahhhh The joys of sim racing on console...I did want it to be a major step forward, especially in the physics... PC2 is getting very tired, but TBH is still a better driver than GT7 IMO, forgiving all of its flaws even though its a 5.5 year old game. Am sure new racers will love the new GT, but for me, its all a little bit "meh" and more of the same same.... Disappointing.

Ive said it before, morph GT / ACC and PC2 into the one game, add driver swaps and we would be in heaven.
    We can only hope it happens fast
    Noxrai and Easyprey007 like this.
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Totally Agree With all of this. Well Said Stu
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Figured I'd finally lay in my 2c about what I've felt about the game now that I've finished everything I can, just gonna break it into a basic pros and cons list, Feel free to comment below and reference any specific point, always love a good yarn about GT. Warning this will be a long post, I plan on covering as much as I can think of.

Pros
    -Graphics, Not just the cars themselves, but the tracks have been revamped to reflect PS5s added power it seems and everything looks immaculate. Not to mention the scapes mode used with the right settings can genuinely fool people into thinking it's real life!

-Physics, Outstanding for a SimCade. Let's face it, GT has always hit some what of a middle ground on physics, It's desire to be a pick up and go game has always hurt it's ability to be a true sim, however this game seems to have really pushed the boundaries whilst maintaining a good feel on both Controller and Wheel. Road cars especially have benefited from this. Many will remember the dreadfully light road cars of GT Sport, they were dull and shocking to drive on controller and only very few came alive on wheel. I've heard many a driver say that the game now feels similar to iRacing, take of that what you may.

-Weather, Straight witchcraft from PD to be honest. A good weather system is nothing new to console gaming, but at this level? Wow. Without a doubt the most complex and complete weather model I've ever seen on a console game. The dry line system as perfectly illustrated in S-10 is jaw dropping, with off track grip having a similar level of complexity. While we're on the topic...

-Licenses, Great to have a good chunk of them in, and some homages to old ones! I fondly enjoyed grinding a couple for 10, 15 or 20 mins to finally nail gold.

-Liveries, THANK YOU FOR THE IN EDITOR DECAL SEARCH AND WINDSCREEN BANNERS

-Music, Classic GT songs and some new bangers. Don't get me wrong there's some trash, but it's mostly good.

-AI Speed and Ability, Clearly a massive step up even before the Sophy AI comes in to make us all look silly. PDs new 3 stage AI system is a massive win in my books and made Menu books and Missions a real fun challenge at times to get where I needed to be.

-GT Auto and Tuning Shop, Welcome back old friends ❤. So good to see all the old parts back and some interesting new additions. Wide Body has easily become my favourite feature whoops....But customisation levels in general are just so so so far ahead of what most of us expected.

-Free DLC for years!!! Can't wait to see what we get down the track.

Okay time for some Cons because believe it or not, I'm not blind to them, even after that kiss assery.

-Online Lobbies, They are the most broken thing I have ever seen. Literally a backwards step over GT Sport's solid but far from complete system. A ridiculous lack of settings as well as basic options leaves lobbies dead in the water and waiting for resuscitation.

-Sport Mode, Nothing good to say about it....Yet. The confusing BOP/Tuning system to equalise cars has already ruffled feathers and proven that GT either don't know what direction they are about to take with the future of Sport Mode, or are about to take one that the players will despise. User Satisfaction is key! Connection issues in FIA events seem worse than ever to compound problems.

-Micro Transactions, Ouch. Yeah look the inclusion of these isn't too bad, but the next point is why these are such a problem.

-Game Economy, The low paying races are beyond a joke. The grind times figured out by the guys and gals willing to do the calculations are blatantly insulting and if you ever plan on owning every car in the game before GT8, you better open your wallet....Then there's the issue of an inability to sell cars from your garage that you may have purchased. Huge mystery considering the game literally has dynamic car pricing. Effectively locks so many iconic cars behind a pay wall which isn't right, not the GT way.

-U.C.D and Legend Cars, Before you shoot me, I love the inclusion of them so bare with me. The UCD (Used Car Dealership) and Legend Cars sections obviously change after certain time periods. Seems fair right? No worries. My issue with it is, Does this suddenly make GT pay to win? What if the 18mil Porsche 917K becomes the meta choice for a Nations race? You've got next to no chance at earning 18 mil organically in the time frame needed to purchase the car, and to be honest if you do, it's incredibly likely you do not work a full time job, have a healthy life style, maintain social relationships and/or have a good sleeping pattern. No offence. Those who fork out the money will get the good cars, and if they happen to give you wins on FIA, you may literally be buying yourself a ticket to the first World Tour event. This may not end up being an issue but for now, major thought.

-Roulette Tickets, awesome concept but the weighting sucks. Stop giving me 5k god damn it.

-Tuning Shop for race cars, Are GT really trying to tell me that a modern GT3 car does not have a brake balance controller or fully customisable gearbox and suspension out of the factory? Yeah ok. Absolute waste of money to have to purchase parts for purpose built race cars that would CLEARLY be built into the car.

-GT Sport Livery Import, Love that we can do it but the 100 limit has destroyed me. As a livery creator, I shared over 600 liveries to be brought over to GT7. Unfortunately majority of them are now un accesible until I can purchase more cars because you can't port liveries unless you own the cars you made them for. Sick, so unless I go back onto GT Sport and re share a stupid amount of liveries, im stuck.

-Any level of physics when the car leaves the ground, This has always sucked for GT. Rally car jump physics are pinnacle of :):):):)e at the moment.

Overall, I'm basking in the glory of having a brand new GT game once again. Single player has been an absolute HOOT so far and I cannot wait for new content. Majority of the online is understandably disappointing which for many, Can kill a game very early. I'm one of the lucky few who isn't relying on the online features, but instead I'm loving the game for the offline mode it built it's legacy on ❤

Thank you kindly for anyone bothered to read all of that.
  15. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    GT7 is amazing.
    Thank you, have a good day!
  16. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I've noticed now that online racing within lobbies gives you Cash now - albeit not a hell of a lot... but hey, it's something.

Personally, I've quite enjoyed the game. YES, there are for sure things they need to improve on (online lobbies, money earned etc), and I’m sure they will address this in future updates. I would have loved to be able to have some online lobbies going regularly with easy to set up rooms (such as in GT Sport, saving settings etc), but hey, it’s not available yet.

I think the word ‘yet’ is used often in this game, because a lot of us have faith that they’re going to do right by the game. I know there is much more to come in regards to fixes, cars, tracks and all the rest of the things we’re all salivating for. Kaz even said himself ‘I wish everyone could see it from the bigger picture’ (something like that) – I know this means there is plenty of content to come… We’re closing in on a month since launch, and I think we need to stop being so critical about it since it’s only in it’s infancy – Yes games now-a-days aren’t like they used to be, buy the game, you get everything, no updates etc… but those older games aren’t as sophisticated as they are now. You want a game that’s super realistic, and has everything in it – it takes time. I wasn’t there when GT Sport was released, only getting the game after it had been out for a few years, and I’m sure most bugs ironed out by then.

I’m going to be patient with the game, knowing that there is more to come. Personally I enjoyed the Café Menu books – Yeah, there are things they could have improved on so you don’t have to jump in and out of races often (like advising weather conditions mainly), but for the most part, I enjoyed using various road cars, with varying challenges etc. I’ve enjoyed the license tests, I’ve especially enjoyed the missions (The drifting ones SUCK! BUT, I’ve never been much of a drifter on a racing game… but I still grind until I can get gold), I’ve done the one music rally, but I will get on to them at some stage in the future. I’m not on it daily, I jump on when I feel like doing some racing and such with the new graphics etc… I’m still doing races in GT Sports for the competitive fix I enjoy.

I’m not one to go out and try to collect all the cars etc, yeah eventually I’ll get around to it organically as I play the game, but for me, GT is more about racing with my mates in an online lobby, pushing myself to do better, figuring out a car, and it’s nuances, pushing myself with endurance races, constantly working out fuel, tyres etc… Knowing how well the GT Sport lobbies are run, I know GT7 will have the same ability eventually. Maybe they’re just waiting on the GT Sport servers to be less busy, bring that power over to GT7…

Things I’m hoping to see:

Firstly - Online lobbies fixed – I would like to see more options for restrictions also – like for example, parts available – Maybe even forced driving view (for those that want to have a series of being inside the car only for example). Driver swapping would be awesome, being able to do an endurance race with a team mate across the ditch… It’s surprising they’re so bad, surely an easy copy from GT Sports would have worked fine… but maybe they’re holding off with more options available…?

Endurance races come into Story mode – I’m thinking maybe once Sophy is released… I’m hoping Sophy is also going to be able to be adjusted on difficulty settings and not always a super human driver lol – Otherwise none of us will beat it (GT World class drivers couldn’t beat it, I certainly wont). Within Endurance races, I’d like to see a return of the ‘B’ Class driver… I think that was in GT5? Quite enjoyed that… pretty sure you could see updates from your computer or something if you weren’t able to be on the PS (I remember checking it from work one time).

Better renumeration for your racing. Seems very light at the moment, unsure why so bad… I’m sure these things will be addressed, but so long as I can tune up my cars I want to do with online racing, I’ll be happy..

Would be nice to see more Café Menus arrive – ending on book 39 seems odd – maybe this is where the endurance races/series will come through.

That’s all I can really think of at the moment… I just mainly want the online lobbies fixed, so we can have some fun again… Bring on the Sunday league when it comes up
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Peersy, UrsineSaturn9, KoAStR and 3 others like this.
  17. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Wow, people are that desperate??
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Anything that’s a middle finger to blood sucking corporate greed, bring it on.
    dn.orr83 likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

iRacing.com <<<<
    JonoStan96 likes this.