GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. dn.orr83

dn.orr83 Rookie

PSN ID
    Davo_Dinkum_83
    Very annoyed.... as no doubt many others are. There was always the concern about 'always online' requirements, and they came to fruition last night. We all lead busy lives. I had about 2hrs free last night and wanted to play after the 2hr scheduled online maintenance - which ended up lasting over 10hrs. I realise online maintenance is a necessary evil, but I grew pretty bored of being restricted to the same Music Rally runs.
    At least PD have their priorities right through and managed to decimate rewards in the constant search for micro transactions. *Insert angry and bemused face here*
    "Back in my day..." you used to buy a game that worked when you bought it, and was a complete game. Don't remember there being any micro transactions for the Commodore 64, or the Atari 2000, or the Sega Master System 2.
    stucar17, Steve Neilson and KoAStR like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Maybe I was too kind to this game at first, seems the more I dig into it the more problems I find…
    Having always online in a game that’s 80% single player… Yeah, not the brightest idea. On top of Sony pushing for predatory microtransactions with now reduced payouts for most of the events, is nothing short of disgraceful.
    Kieran_B33 and stucar17 like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Welcome to the joys of the Agile way of working and providing a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) with the intent to finalise it over it's life span.
    Some things may never get fixed as we just learn to live with it and only the major ticket items that they have on their agenda may get attention..
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yeah, those things aren't going to be fixed in a week. Yet, still don't understand why they didn't reuse the GT Sport engine as the base.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  5. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    If they don't get sport and lobbies sorted very soon surely people start migrating to other games? There is nothing left to do in single player after a few weeks and I'm certainly not going to just repeat races over and over to try and get credits for cars(no chance I'm buying them with real money either haha)
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    GT has always been a grind though. If people are stupid enough to throw heaps of money at microtransactions, then of course they will use that. It's shrewd and ruthless, but so is the gaming industry these days.
    I'm not agreeing with it either, just playing devil's advocate.
    Kieran_B33 and stucar17 like this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    GT has but GT7 is by miles the worst. You can’t sell cars. And now there is no easy way to grind or credit farm, plus online payouts are abhorrent. I’m not for being handed everything to me on a silver platter like GTS but forcing the grind to be achievable by those with WAY too much time to spare is unacceptable. I’m not familiar with GT1 but compared to its predecessors, GT7 is an absolute pisstake.
    GT2: You could sell the HKS Drag Car or the TVR Speed 12 for (iirc) Cr. 500,000 in quick succession.
    GT3: Super Speedway Enduro for an couple of 100k credits, plus some easy championships to earn high value sellable cars.
    GT4: Costa di Amafli (Easy), need I say more?
    GT5/6: Seasonal events with daily login bonus (when the servers were active)
    GTS: Lewis Hamilton challenge, earn money just by driving, clean race bonus and car disadvantage bonus for the added events.
    GT7: …

EDIT: At the present moment the game does hand out cars willy nilly with the cafe, but once you finish every mission, licence test and career race, now what? There’s no chance you’ll have enough money to accomplish the end goal of having every car in the game, on top of having to spend a fortune tuning a car if you don’t want to be left behind in the poorly designed Sport races. Not to mention I already have duplicates of multiple cars which I can’t sell for cash. Very poor.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Kieran_B33 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Fair enough.
    It's still pretty early, so PD may yet re-adjust the rewards when they see the kick-back from players.
    Could just be a "skim the cream from the top" type of strategy...grab as much in microtransactions from those willing to pay for them now, then change things up later once that revenue stream dries up or slows down.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Which is scummy behaviour to say the least. I hope to god it's a Sony decision and not a PD one. For a game that was supposed to be a celebration of the past 25 years of GT, it's awesome to play when the servers are working, but the details need some work
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That's my assumption, that this is a Sony pushed decision. Apparently it's increasingly run out of the US these days and not so much Japan any more.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Matthyus likes this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    900k per hour still possible for the PS5 grinders
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Anyone else having problems with fully customization (semi-racing) transmission? No matter how I tune it 5th (top) gear for my bug it's glitches so tall when I hit the track it's unusable.
  15. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I've only tried changing the ratios a couple of times but it seems to produce strange results with gears 3 - 5 getting closer and then 6th super tall. Even just using the auto ratio does this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Is it car dependant? Perhaps top gear in some road cars is an overdrive gear for fuel economy and not really adjustable. Pure speculation
  17. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Interesting. Seems there's a glitch in top gear for adjustable trans. That video for quick money also talked about not using top gear in a couple of those cars due to it being unusually tall, and also speculated it might be a glitch.
    For me this is not in the standard transmission but only the fully adjustable aftermarket one. No matter how short I set top gear, hit the track it's a super long ratio. Only tried it on the '66 beetle so far.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Spent a solid 3 hours yesterday grinding the last few missions and some career mode races before trying random 550pp-600pp lobbies with @Mustafur. Ended up somehow with less money than when I started despite not buying any cars and only going into the tuning shop to buy specific tyres and tuning parts, i.e: when absolutely necessary. In 2 hours of lobby hopping, several lobby crashes, glitches preventing the room host from starting the race, and even track textures not loading correctly (Mus has the PS4 version), we only managed to get THREE 3 lap races in.

I wanted to choose Nissan for the Manu test season because I wanted to specifically use the Silvia Touring Car which was added to Gr.4. Well guess what, you can’t, you can only pick the GT-R Gr.4. And it’s the same story for every other manu with multiple choices in a category, you only get a choice of one car in the class as a loan. Apparently there is a workaround for this but I’m yet to discover how. At this point having remembered that earlier yesterday I calculated that the economy of the game in regards to best possible per hour payouts vs buying a (potentially) 20 mil credit car is more than three times slower than GTS, and almost five times slower than GT6, I gave up and shut the game off to play something else.

This game, especially the online portion was clearly not tested thoroughly enough, or the QA team were busy having frat parties or office chair races in the studio. Not to mention the nickel and diming of the consumer at almost every corner of the game. I’m astounded this game got so many insanely positive reviews, the potential indication of this is that Sony paid them off, they were given copies with all cars unlocked (or maximum money), or didn’t progress far enough to unmask how flawed this game truely is. And the sneaky bastards only put in the micro-transactions in after the reviews came out. Plus always online. Servers down for 30 hours, and this mostly single player focused game becomes a paper weight. Gaming in 2022 folks!

I want to love this game so badly, and I’m certain that underneath all the layers of BS I’ve mentioned there is the best GT title ever made in there somewhere, there’s a ton of good things about this game that are just fantastic. I’ll keep playing the game until I 100% the career but they’ll need to add in seasonal events or new ways of making money to keep me interested. But between the horrific economy, unplayable lobbies, hilariously bad BOP for Sport mode, a non sensical and easily exploitable PP system, terrible AI, unsellable cars, always online, essentially no end game and unacceptable game design choices (engine swaps being locked behind RNG for example) there’s just no way I can justify this game as being a top tier video game, let alone in the franchise. But now that the nostalgia goggles are off, this is a rushed, unpolished turd of a game, which needs flushing real fast. I’ve been playing these games since I was a kid and honestly, the game feels like an insult. Sony and PD need to wake up and fix things and considering the backlash this game is getting at the moment, it needs to be fixed fast. Didn’t expect to write up a post this large but I guess I needed get my feelings out lol.

My overall rating for GT7 is: Get :):):):)ed out of 10.
  19. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I was adjusting the ratios in that Redbull half plane half car thing for the mission at LeMans, basically trying to get better fuel economy. Everything i tried ended up the same, really close mid range gears and really tall top gear. I also adjusted the GR3 Supra at some point(fuel economy for somewhere I can't recall) and it's the same. Maybe I just dunno what I'm doing lol but i would have thought using the speed auto adjust would have given a more usable gearing
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Just to further reiterate my rant, they just updated the Legend Cars showroom. And well, just have a look at this:
    [​IMG]
    The McLaren F1 in GT Sport in comparison:
    [​IMG]

In short, to purchase this car on GT7, through micro transactions it costs $284AU. Or, grind the best paying race for approximately 27 HOURS!