GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    The problem is my driving hasn't!! :laugh:

It is good though, really having to be delicate on the loud pedal coming out of corners and treating bumps and dips and stuff with extreme caution

Is anyone else finding their wheel is behaving very differently? I'm having all sorts of problems in fast cars just hanging on to the wheel at times, even on straights it gets really bad oscillations. I've tried turning the dampening right up but so far the only way to stop it is to turn the FFB strength down and have a lower sensitivity(normally i have it at 360 degrees, had to go to 540)
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Not so far, but the quickest thing I've driven is the Mazda RX GT3 freebie that came with the 25th anniversary edition.
    I haven't even touched the wheel settings yet. Not sure if it carried over from GTS, but feels nice thus far.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What level licence is needed for on line room racing?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  4. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    This happened first in the GR3 Supra in the first group 3 race at Maggiore (the very first race that was there with the 3 first Sunday cups), driving down the back straight the wheel just went mental to the point I actually had to let go of it. This is with the Fanatec podium DD1.

Not sure Emmo, been doing the licences thinking that was how to unlock more races and just now realised I had to go to the cafe and see a bloke lol. Still haven't got online unlocked
    leeboy910 likes this.
  5. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Fanatec have provided their recommended settings for all wheels...maybe try these and see if it helps?

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25219/gran-turismo-7-ps4-ps5-fanatec-recommended-settings
    KoAStR and gtkingx like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Looking at the stream of content from other players, some liveries now say they can't be edited... which I assume means we can now share liveries and allow them to be modified (so for a team livery, you make a base livery and share and everyone can put their own name/number on it - or for livery regs, the base reg car can be shared and then edited by teams)
    @CaptainRisky21 @Viperzed
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    probably but I'm still going through the game and haven't gotten to online yet (granted haven't done too much)
    you get quite a bit of coin still for circuit experience etc, I think I'm up to a few hundred K
  8. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Disc copy arrived at 1pm this afternoon, installed and played a couple of hours (PS4 Pro). Something weird with the lighting and reflection, just doesn't burst like I expected it to (Sony Bravia 65" with 4K and HDR). Maybe my eyes are just tired, will load it back up again later. Although I really enjoyed the opening movie.
    Handling model is the biggest improvement for me. GT Sport always felt like driving hot wheels cars on a tiled floor, this feels more like the GT6 model which I always said was their best. But you do tend to spin a bit too easily on lifting off.
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  9. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm pretty sure International B will get you through the races(cafe menus) you need to unlock sport and lobby/multiplayer modes
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes, the first licence is enough and just doing the cafe menus for an hour or so
    By that time you should have a couple hundred grand (if not, circuit experience is a good way for fast money)

I think for the test season car we need something cheap and racy.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mazda Demio?
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have finished all the licences, just one attempt at each so mostly bronze, still no online so will go back to the cafe tomorrow.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, that was fun! :) Really takes me back to GT1 days! :inlove: I'm in no rush to get through the content, just cruising through and got the B licence. I'd be happy with mini races to kick off. The Nissan Fairlady in the licence test was very slidy too, so could be fun once gotten used to. Finding need to be more gentle and progressive with the go fast pedal in this game
    KoAStR likes this.
  14. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    @Hatfield the GR Yaris is an absolute hoot!
  15. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Its a bit vague what you have to do to open up things!! o_O Hat is right get through to 8 or 9 menus in the cafe and online opens up, other than that its pretty good fun.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The guys who will be hosting rooms need to just follow the cafe/menu route so they can unlock more courses to host on, then after that go back and play the rest of the game. I read that nurburgring is something like 23 menus in

As for first car ideas, while I like FF cars, I feel like with the way this game feels more difficult, we should be going with something FR so we can get good data on where to place drivers in divisions.

Don't feel discouraged if you find GT7 difficult. Because it is. I myself am spinning out in cars I wouldn't have thought about spinning out in before. I even flipped the Clio on it's roof lol
    Ryzza5, Xtr3meNZer, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i might look to download tonight
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Room Mode: Practice/Race or Practice/Endurance Race
    Room Name:
    Race Type: Race for Real

Time / Weather Settings
    How to Select Weather Conditions: Preset or Custom
    Preset allows you to select from 1 of 24-32 Presets:
    18x Sunny
    6x Cloudy
    8x Rainy
    Timeframe: Early Dawn-Dawn-Sunrise-Early Morning-Late Morning-Afternoon-Evening-Sunset (Some tracks also have Twilight-Night-Midnight)
    Variable Time Speed Ratio: 0-10x
    Surface Water at Start: 0-100%
    Custom Weather allows to set either random, or a preset. Some tracks allow only 1, others allow one for the start to then transition into one at the finish eg Start sunny, finish raining.
    (If we decide to go with random weather all the time, different variations of 'dry' racing may produce different data per division, making it difficult to use the data for future division placement @Matthyus)

Race Settings
    Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
    Grid Order: Fastest First (the only other option is slowest first)
    BoP/Tuning Forbidden: On/Off
    Tuning: No Limit/Prohibited (is greyed out if the above setting is off)
    Boost: Off
    Slipstream Strength: Real
    Visible Damage: Off
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Tyre Wear: 0-50x
    Fuel Consumption Rate: 0-50x
    Initial Fuel: Default (also 0-100L)
    Grip Reduction Off Track: Real
    Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
    Nitro/Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default (also 0.1-10x)

Regulation Settings
    Filter by Category: Gr.1-4 & B
    PP Limit: No Limit – 1000
    Max. Power Output
    Minimum Weight
    Tyre Type: Comfort/Sports/Racing
    Usable Tyres: (we can tick which compounds can be used eg hards and softs but not mediums)
    Required Tyres: (we can tick which compounds MUST be used)
    Nitro: Cannot be Fitted – Required – Unrestricted
    Kart Usage: Off

Penalty Settings
    Shortcut Penalty: None – Weak – Strong
    Wall Collision Penalty: None – Time Penalty (Weak/Strong)
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
    Car Collision Penalty: Off/On
    Pit Lane Line Cutting Penalty: Off/On
    Ghosting During Race: None (Also has Weak/Strong)
    Flag Rules: Off/On

Limit Driving Options
    Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
    Active Stability Management: Prohibited
    Driving Line Assist: Prohibited (in the past we allowed this but with the new braking area assist, maybe time to stop this)
    Traction Control: Prohibited (in the past we allowed this but with this game feeling more difficult, TCS may be an unfair advantage, rather than a hindrance in the past)
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Room Settings can't be saved, and they can't be changed by the host once the room is up.
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Randm90 (thanks) sent me a screenshot of the future updates news item saying more lobby features are coming, so wait and see!
    Randm90 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield