GT Sport Season 18 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 9, 2022.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Red Bull Ring
    Pole @Xtr3meNZer (forgot to save the image)
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]

Suzuka East
    Grid - @Xtr3meNZer Pole
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had two very tough races against a very fast competitor in @Xtr3meNZer , Managed to come out on top but it was not easy, he is very hard to beat. He snatched pole from me on the last lap of each qualifying session, very frustrating but a very good effort from him as he hasn't done the amount of testing I have done in preparation for these races. Next weeks race will be very challenging and we may have a very small field, we were down to just 5 finishers for the second race tonight.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  3. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Merge Divs
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Probably.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We could've done last night looking at those numbers.
  6. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  7. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Apologies for leaving early during the second race last night. The pain in my neck became too much to handle and considering we only had 6 drivers in Div 2 I didn't see the point of pushing any harder through the pain so I decided to retire from the race.
    I made sure to enter pit lane and park prior to leaving so as to prevent any potential dramas as has happened previously.
    On a separate note, does anyone know what's happening with ROOZ competitions ATM? I just don't see the point with this season, different cars each round, no teams and the disparity between the driving abilities in Div 2 is ridiculous. Me personally, Just to have a chance to be in the middle of the pack at best I have to practice an exorbitant amount of time and hope others make massive mistakes which takes the fun out of it.
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It is the final season, and as such, numbers drop off over time. Unfortunately this puts a lot of us in the position of too fast/too slow compared to our division.
    I wanted a break from running the teams this season.
    Different cars was the highest suggested option pre-season.
    Xtr3meNZer, Rangeraus and emmo46 like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think the mix of cars has thrown the order into disarray a little. In the cars that are typical season cars that are used in the longer races I have been a midfield starter and have made a couple of places in the races to get a pair of 3rds and a 4th. In the untypical cars that were allotted shorter races I have fared much better to the point where I have secured the championship win. The mix of cars has led to nearly everyone scoring a podium or two and four winners. I practiced until my old body ached and it has paid off for me. There are a number of drivers in this season who are quicker than me in normal cars but the mix this season has fallen in my favor.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  10. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    "I have secured the championship win"

Congrats mate!
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks GT:)
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think in a normal season everyone gets familiar with the car after a couple of races and the pecking order establishes with some tracks mixing it slightly. This season with a different car each race the only way to get familiar and comfortable is lots of practice in each car. I admire guys like @Xtr3meNZer who can be immediately right on the pace in a strange car with minimal practice.
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Should join D1 and I'll pop down to D2 or D3 given my sheer lack of consistency in any car this season.
    I need time to learn a car it seems.
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'll swap places with you at LeMans this weekend if you like
  15. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Well done on the championship @emmo46!
    Sorry about missing a few races this season, I should be there this week to make the numbers up. Not a favourite track of mine or car so I will be literally making the numbers up.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  17. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Wow amazing words from you @emmo46 thanks! Coming from you thats a high accolade

I guess with these cars being all choppy and changing its been a good bit of variety, and i am enjoying it, apart from the P1/Zonda week... ugh. I guess I'm lucky that I have driven a wide variety of cars during GTS and have a fair feel for the different cars, so having that versatility has helped me. I am certainly no pro, but i very much enjoy the racing and do give it my all. Also, I'm lucky enough to have roughly 2 hours to practice before we kick off on the night with the time zone difference, so that helps :)

Well done Emmo on your wins last week, was a bloody hard race, and im gutted about race 2 as i was hoping to get that win! Ah well :) see you in GT7 bud ;)

Keen on a merger if it happens :) I haven't driven the 787 in GT Sports, and I don't know the track really at all, as its not one that comes up often, so I doubt I'll be much of a challenger haha - though I think I will need a bit more praccy this week
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Before the season started I did an assessment of my chances for the season and I immediately viewed you as the most likely winner of the overall season. There were a couple of other possibilities but you stood out in my eyes. My own chances I rated as a possible top three with a few podiums and maybe a win or two especially at Big Willow. It is a field full of very closely matched competitors.
    You having to miss two rounds put you behind the eight ball a bit, because despite there being two dropped rounds, missing those rounds robbed you of probably good points towards your ultimate count and meant you would have to carry the lesser scores from the P1/Zonda week into your total.
    I failed to capitalize on you missing two rounds as I only managed a 3rd place in those two races that will count in my total. I assess the season as it progresses and after 4 races you were numerically 3 points in front of me despite missing two races already and with me probably dropping the two 4ths I had to that point.
    Week 4 (the P1/Zonda weekend) turned things around in my favour with the two wins, one of which was totally unexpected as I was sure Beats would take the Zonda race. I then had an adjusted 27 point lead over you at that stage but knew you had the pace to probably win the remaining races and the the best I could expect was to be still in contention for a winner take all shootout at Le Mans. That was not a prospect I was happy about because I have no idea how I will fare there, past experience of that type of car and that track have not been happy for me.
    I had hoped other drivers may take some of the wins to blunt your progress. The very next round reinforced my fears as you ate 11 points out of my lead (now down to 16) with a dominating run at Bathurst, I thought if that keeps up over the remaining three races I was toast.
    Then we came to races 8 and 9. I knew if I could manage to come out of those two races with the lead still at 15 points I was home as a 4th place could be counted in my tally if I messed up Le mans.. The first race went well as despite losing pole to you I was able to snatch the lead at turn 2 and control the race from there to take the win by the slimmest of margins, increasing my point lead to 19. so far so good.
    You surprised me again taking the pole at Suzuka from me in the last seconds despite professing to not doing any testing, my heart sank. You then lead comfortably and looked like dropping my lead down to 12 points meaning I could possibly need 3rd at Le Mans if you were to dominate there.
    I didn't have much hope of beating you until you had that little grassy moment and I got through, you looked likely to get it back from me though and I was feeling the pressure as you sat probing for a pass right on my tail. The relief I felt when you then spun at turn 1 was incredible. I knew then I just had to get to the finish line ahead of you and the season was mine.
    I was very careful for the remaining laps and Anders closed on me. I didn't need to beat him but still wanted the win. If he had gotten into a passing position I would have let him through to avoid being taken off. Fortunately I was able to balance care with enough pace to win by less than a 10th of a second.
    I am extremely pleased to have won another season championship, particularly div 2 despite the regular div 2 guys being up in div 1. Overall, GTSport has been very kind to me, 22 round wins and four div wins in 18 seasons is very pleasing.
    I can now go to Le Mans with no pressure, I have offered to swap divs with @Matthyus this weekend so he can have a competitive race for a change, I feel he should have been in div 2 and wouldn't that have added to the spice. He hasn't replied yet.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Circuit de la Sarthe - 14 Laps - 7:00 Sunny - Mazda 787B (RS) - 27/2
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 18!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING :
    8:20 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME :
    8:30 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Many areas to be careful of here. Always remember 2 wheels on the ripple strip is the limit, and otherwise the white line.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    2 wheels on ripple strip is acceptable.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

This is it. Our final GT Sport League Race. Enjoy it!
  20. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Congratulations Emmo!
    Very well done