GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    we'll do a test season pretty much as soon as it's out and we figure out the online component
    Ozglenn likes this.
  2. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I don't know if it's likely to be delayed... Theres no mention of it anywhere, and all advertising is still showing March 4th. Surely this close to launch if it was going to be delayed they would mention it lol
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You would hope so, but a "gold" announcement would be nice too, and we haven't seen one of those either!
    Xtr3meNZer and stucar17 like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I hope this “story” is wrong for all the GT aficionados. So many of us started on the original GT games, and those of us that have moved away were probably secretly hoping for an overhaul that would bring us back. Reading this makes it seem like GT7 is a big GT6 add on, I know this is only speculation at the
    Moment, but if correct is it good, bad or doesn’t matter ? https://racinggames.gg/gran-turismo...wdfuC4oQkX0fI0LxAcognGi-um6tMzffwnLtyou4Jx2Vc
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    An enhanced GTSport is perfect for me.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

The result is that Gran Turismo 7 feels like a DLC pack for GT Sport. A full-priced DLC at that.

That sentence doesn't sound great. It's going to be like the ACC update.....we want more than a graphics update.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    It's pretty meh that the DR/SR ranking get carried over but i understand why in a way. Nothing we've seen suggests that 7 is just a 'DLC' for Sport, and I think that the media are just looking for a story. Hopefully i'm not proven wrong.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, I wasn't overly enthused about having the same DR/SR carry over - I want to start the game fresh again, grinding to get it back to where it is now... but oh well, nothing we can do about it, and tbh, only a minor thing.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    It's a massive jump to a conclusion.
    It could simply be that these are carried over for much simpler matchmaking from day one.
    Of course it could also mean that the GT Sport online experience is cut ans pasted into GT7...but with the mass of complaints and issues they had, surely they would have made some improvements and tightened things up a fair bit for GT7?
    They have had a lot of time to get it right...this game was supposed to come out in 2020 originally!
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    The result is that Gran Turismo 7 feels like a DLC pack for GT Sport. A full-priced DLC at that.

"So, if she weighs as much as a duck, she's a witch! Burn the witch!"
    :D ;):laugh:
  11. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Their argument seems pretty tenuous.

PD surely want to continue hosting championships using GT7 as an eSports platform this year. So migrating DR and SR becomes a no-brainer in that sense. iRacing doesn't reset everyone's iRating to zero after each major update after all.

Probably the biggest single drawback of GT Sport compared to previous titles is/was the career mode (which they didn't even have when the game launched!). And that is completely unaffected by the online data transfer. Apart from a few tidbits, we haven't really seen how the GT7 career mode will feel, how it will function and how it will reward players as they progress through it. So I'd say it'd be best to wait and see how that functions before comparing to previous GT titles.
    Peersy, Xtr3meNZer, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’ve kept my expectations well and truly low for this game as my thoughts on GT Sport were… less than complimentary, but I have to admit the new fancy weapons grade AI they’ve been working on has got me giddy. Skip to 18:00 for the first race, if they can iron out some of the glaring issues one can easily spot, it could be a game changer for the series.
    Xtr3meNZer, stucar17 and leeboy910 like this.
  13. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    That is certainly possible.

It might be an option to keep them or not.

I'm certainly not buying it on release, I'll wait until I see reviews on the physics.
  14. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
  15. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Never really connected with GT Sport, I felt it had drifted too far from it's roots. I've spend thousands of hours on each GT since GT1, but GTS was a disappointment. Thankfully I only paid $20 for it on sale.
    Forward to this week, after seeing what GT7 will look like and be more representative of the Gran Turismo franchise, I pre-ordered my disc copy through JB HiFi, and personally can't wait until it arrives!
    stucar17, Ian Cannan, Ozglenn and 2 others like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    How excitement! Just turned on my PS5 to find that GT7 is downloading, currently 15% done.
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I turned on my PS just to download it
  19. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    yep yep - come on baby should be done on time to play next week. Feeling a little under the weather also so thinking it will be a sick (cough cough) day off!!!
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Hmmm, not enough space. Guess I'll need to delete GTS after Sunday and try again...
    Matthyus likes this.