GT Sport Season 18 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 1, 2022.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm 50:50 at best for this week now sorry, been in bed crook all week
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Get well soon. :)
    Apex_64, gtkingx and Beats143 like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Grrr, was hoping to make this one, but have another meeting I need to go to. Next week perhaps...
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I might get to race you again at some point.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I won't be there tonight, sad to use a drop round on a track/car combo i was looking forward to
  6. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    Still crook gt? Get well soon, all the best.
    gtkingx and Apex_64 like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I am surprised the voodoo doll works, promise I will stop at 9.30 :)
    Rangeraus, emmo46 and gtkingx like this.
  8. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    My first podium
    Hatfield and Steve Neilson like this.
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    And we have the proof to back it up :D:inlove:

Round 3 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Rangeraus - DSC - Lap 2 - 2.40.015
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and LE_bananajosh like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That was a difficult one.
    The combo was so enjoyable to drive but in qualifying I got stuck behind @C1_Parrit on my best qualifying lap (my own fault for not leaving a big enough gap in front)
    Then at the start with all the battling I kept dropping back eventually to around 8th (@Rangeraus had a worse night as his paddles stopped working L1)
    I had to put my head down and claw back up as far as possible.
    @HighStakes123 didn't make it easy and neither did @Apex_64 but once I had passed them I aimed for @CaptainRisky21 but ultimately didn't have the pace.
    Still after all that, happy with 5th.
    Well done on the podium @LE_bananajosh !
    Congrats @Noodles87
    Noodles87, LE_bananajosh and Matthyus like this.
  11. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    That was another rewarding night in div 1. Given the time I had on Sunday for practice I wasn’t expecting too much. Managed 7th for qualifying and was happy wit that. About a second quicker than my PB. It is surprising what time you shave by being surrounded by quick guys.

the race started well. I managed to take advantage of the messy opening laps to get up the fifth. Then I got caught in the mess at Le Combe on lap 2 (could have been 3). The Grojean style spin put me dead last.
    I spent the remaining 18 laps putting my bean down and pushing on. Eventually getting myself back to 7th. On the way there, I had great battles with @C1_Parrit, @slowjohno (not so slow) and @HighStakes123.

looking forward to the next one.
    Apex_64, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Finally a race car and a pretty decent one at that to play with.
    I hadn't been able to practice much at all this week, but I was able to do some laps and find something that resembled a groove by the race.

With all the close action in the first few laps, I believe I was 5th or 6th at one point, playing with @Hatfield and @Apex_64 .
    I was a little out of my depth in those waters, but managed to keep up 'mostly', until they found their legs and I just couldn't keep up. Very minor errors here and there proved costly. The one that made me lose touch with this group was a touch too much gas pedal at 'no-name' and go a LOT sideways and nudge and bump by @Apex_64 (no redress needed as I was well gone when you did it) threw me off.

I got back on and then begun the 2nd big battle with @HighStakes123 and @Ian Cannan , which consisted of me getting overtaken and then us 3 playing position swaps until lap 18 when a 180 at T1 put an end to that.

In all though, I'm quite pleased that I was able to race against some cars this week, not just see them coast away into the distance and I'm doing time trail laps..
    As Hat said in the post race chat, I had Spunk today and he was right, I was in the mix today, with some minor tweaks needed to bring the full package. This comes with time in the seat of the car, so likely I'll be scrappy for this season :)

In the end though, pretty happy to be a mid to back pack battler instead of solo running at the back.
    I feel for you @C1_Parrit :)
    Apex_64, Hatfield and Ian Cannan like this.
  13. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Didnt have the pace to hold onto 3rd last night but it was good fun getting stuck in with the wheel to wheel battles, which is really the first time I've been able to with the T-GT.
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  14. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Will be a maybe for the McLaren race this sunday as I don't have the credits to buy it yet
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I was trying to avoid you as you were doing your on/off track dance, twice as i was about to clean pass, you came back on in front of me, 2nd time I ploughed through.
    I Let Risky and Viper pass as I knew battling would hurt us both. But got held up by highstakes otherwise could have had race with Hat who was similar pace.
    Note: Ensure drink bottle is in reach. Drove off the track on the str8 fumbling for it lol.
    Congrats to Noodles on the win, Viper for a cracking drive and pace, and Bannanajosh congrats on your first podium.
    I only enjoyed the car once the tyres were worn, too obedient beforehand.
    LE_bananajosh and Ian Cannan like this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was gone so yeah, all g :)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  17. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I am out indefinitely
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's a shame. I hope you get a wheel sorted out before GT7
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  19. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    That sucks @Rangeraus. Hoping you can sort it out as soon as possible. I also wanted to say congrats @LE_bananajosh on his first Div 1 podium & to @Viperzed on P2. I saw them battling on the track map on the final stages of the race. Must've been a great one!
  20. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Please share the race replay