ACC [PC] 2022 GTWC Season 1 - Round 1 [Spa-Francorchamps - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Jan 19, 2022.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz ACC Monday Night League - 2022 Season 1
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster

Round 1 - Spa-Francorchamps
    [​IMG]
    24th January 2022 at 8:15pm AEDT
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

>> https://www.thesimgrid.com/championships/803 <<
    > https://www.thesimgrid.com/hosts/raceonoz <
    SUPPLEMENTARY RULES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or causing a disadvantage to other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • Penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    GENERAL NOTES
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of the event.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com [ROOZ] 01 | Monday Night League | 2022 Season 1 - Round 1 | Spa-Francorchamps (60min)
    Server Password: mnlseason1

• This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will reset for official practice at 8:15pm (AEDT) on Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    Practice/Hotlap Server Name: RaceOnOz.com [ROOZ] 04 | Practice/Hotlap | Spa-Francorchamps
    Server Password: mushroomteapotrock

• This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race, it will be set to static weather conditions.

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This a SPRINT round
    • Sessions:
      • Practice, 45 minutes (in-game Friday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 minutes (in-game Saturday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 minutes (in-game Sunday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
    • Weather: "ambientTemp": 21, "cloudLevel": 0.25, "rain": 0.10, "weatherRandomness": 2
    • Pitstop Rules:
      • Tyres Mandatory (No tyre set restrictions)
      • Refuelling is Not Mandatory (Fill time not fixed)
      • No Pit Window
      • No Stint Limit
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 1x for this round.
    (Weather and session settings may be changed at any time at the admins discretion)

CAR CHOICE
    This is a fixed car per driver event. Whichever car you select on SimGrid Event when signing up will be your choice during the event, changes to car choice can only be made before the deadline outlined on the SimGrid Event.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-one wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    The recent v1.8 update has changed the way in which custom liveries are implemented enabling us to re-enable their use in our league. In short, ACC now creates .dds files which are preload the into memory thus reducing or eliminating the serious join lag I'm sure we've all experienced in the past.

This short video linked below contains pretty much everything you need to know about sharing custom liveries and it is strongly recommended viewing.

Submitting Custom Liveries
    For now, custom liveries can be uploaded to onedrive via the link below. It may require you to login to you microsoft account.

Please do not submit anything offensive, it will be rejected at a minimum.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Rolz and krunch like this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

reserved
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had a mishap on about lap 4, where I bounced a bit on the inside kerb after Blanchimont and ended up spinning into the wall. Then in the following lap I got collected by an out of control car, so took my mandatory stop early - 48 secs repair.

@krunch Re the blue flags - normally of course I yield to lapping cars under blue flag (or if I know someone heaps faster then me is approaching), but when I came out from my early stop, I was more or less racing the same guys as before my stop, so I decided to box on since our paces were all similar. The rules & regs talk about allowing drivers to unlap themselves, which was not the case here, because I didn't have the pace to pull away from you, but I was of similar pace and racing in a pack.

So I wouldn't mind some clarification on this situation where a car of similar pace in a pack is under blue flag.
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

Interesting racing with solid qualifying, poor start and then being viciously taken out by @MatthewMarshHK. Many curses followed and all toys were thrown out of the cot.

Thus following Wally's example an early stop followed to fix damage and hard work to recover. A fun last 20 minutes followed chasing Hatfield, unsuccessfully. Well driven Hatfield.

After the race I reviewed the replay of the incident with Marsh. He defended the inside line last chicane of the lap. I did a solid move around the outside. Marsh drove exemplary braking and turning at the apex while I just did not allow quite enough for the Bently's phat arse. :( Will send a cancellation note to my local witch-doctor for all the curses :whistling:
    nanlatt, CornfordCaster and Cooper like this.
  5. CornfordCaster

When we were watching the race back afterward we saw the same thing. I've done the same mistake of not leaving enough room on the inside so many times myself there too :cry:
  6. CornfordCaster

I'll have a look as well so we can give you a clear answer there!
    Wally likes this.
  7. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

Not a very rewarding race for me. A bit of last minute car roulette saw me decide (probably wrongly) to go back to a secret fave and choose the Honda. I actually quite like it and its not actually a bad car - its just not a particularly great car. I was happy with my offline practice but when I got into the race server I encountered something I've experienced before with the Honda but up until now only on PS - a total change in high speed balance. Insane amounts of liftoff over-steer in parts of the track I'd never encountered anything, even remotely, similar in offline. It took half of official practice to get it driveable but not particularly nice and the compromise in setup was costing at least 0.5s per lap over what I had been expecting.

Qualified 14th and through a few spins for others and a couple of overtakes got to about 10th before the pitstops started. had a spin due to forgetting to change my TC just before my pit stop and that was the first sign it was about to all go wrong. My first flying lap through Ea Rouge and the tyres were just to cold and the tiniest lift to counter the under-steer was all it took and another impromptu visit to a wall ( I think it was my 7th or 8th ) - 23 seconds worth of damage. Tried to continue but had no pace (massive under-steer and compromised straight line speed). I came out from my repair stop in about 30th but with only about 12 minutes to go and far too much fuel wasn't much point to pushing too hard. Took 29th right on my last lap.

Hopefully not so many issues at Laguna Seca :cautious:
    krunch likes this.
  8. CornfordCaster

Are you using the open series in offline practice? Just trying to figure out what might cause such drastic difference.
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

From my experience with the Honda, it is fuel level. Seemed to change the handling significantly. :cautious: I Could never get it working around Spa, needed bit more talent than I possessed. @MusicRacer will go better at other tracks, found the high speed tracks especially suited to the Honda :thumbsup:.
  10. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

Fuel level in both practices was the same so I don't think it was that
    Mael likes this.
  11. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

Thats something I will need to take a look at because off the top of my head I don't actually know
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  12. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

Good race guys!! very good!! When i finish in front of wally is always sunday....lol
    Apologies to Easter,During qual both of us were on a flying lap he overtook me just while breaking for the last chicane forcing me to give room. It was very annoying as i lost my flying lap time,i complained to him but according to the overtaking rule during qual,he was in the right.....meh i was in the focking 20s.
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I was chasing you hard at the end. You were supposed to spin or run out of fuel or something.
    krunch and Cokko Bill like this.
  14. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I feel for you mate! I've been in the same situation a few times and it's frustrating. Before you crashed we'd been having a great battle (as we often do) so it was a shame that happened.

However, the rules are pretty clear about blue flags - you simply must not 'race' any cars that are lapping you. Basically you need to find a way to let lapping cars go past you cleanly within a reasonable amount of time. TBH I did let you hang there for quite a number of laps in case your newer tyres let you move away but in the end you were affecting both my race and Marsh's race so I eventually asked you to let me through. I appreciate that you then did that straight away.

The Admin Team recently consolidated the rules and regulations into a new document which is available on Discord under the ACC - RULES & REGS category (you can also use the bot there to pick out specific sections).

For reference here's the Blue Flags clause in the rules:
    Code:
    3.2.11 Blue flags
    When a driver receives a notification of a blue flag, it means that they are being approached by a
    car that has completed a greater number of laps. The blue flag will be shown when the lead car is
    within 1 second of the lapped car. The lapped car must do the following:
    ▪ Not attempt to race the lead car by attempting to defend their position.
    ▪ Move out of the way and concede track position within a reasonable timeframe (within
    four corners is considered reasonable) after the initial blue flag or when safe to do so.
    ▪ Concede track position in a safe manner to avoid impeding the lead car.
    ▪ Do not make drastic change of direction, change of speed or brake suddenly while in
    front of the lead car.
    ▪ Move out of the way on a straight or well before the braking zone.
    If a lapped car has the speed to pull away from and not impede the lead car, then the lapped car
    has one lap to pull out of blue flag range.
    Wally likes this.