GT Sport Season 17 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if you're around you can race in div 1 if you wish
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Beats143 likes this.
  3. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    i said i was not going away until next week i dont feel welcomed by u at all to try in div1 dunno what ur problem is mate. i was put in div2 cos i didnt qualify but after the last race i realized i should have been in div1 all season and would have had more fun there and thought the 2 div 2 guys behind me in championship could have a special last race for that title cos i dont care about it cos i was in the wrong div. also i had some fun banter with the guys in div2 about "could of should of" and u started lecturing a 60yo ffs so dont worry about it mate i dont "wish" to race where i am not welcome. thanks for the racing to all the div2 guys.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Please stop with the whole 'dunno what your problem is'
    There isn't any problem. It is difficult to discern tone in a forum post compared to actually speaking to someone.
    I didn't lecture anyone. How you think 'you're not welcome' I do not understand.
    If we felt you were better suited to division 1, we would've placed you there. We often prefer to place a newcomer in division 2 as division 1 can be super competitive and we don't want new drivers to become overwhelmed (as we don't know newcomers very well). Had you absolutely dominated, then we would've asked the question if you'd prefer to race in division 1. As it was, your first race didn't go so well and from then on, you've won the next 3 you raced in.

I was saying in my last message, that the door is open for a division 1 drive if you were available, as it would be next season if you wanted.

If anything I have said has upset you, I'm more than willing to chat over psn party and work things out, because ask anyone here, I am not about pissing people off.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck :)
    CaptainRisky21, xlxy90 and T F Eccles like this.
  5. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    from this to this

my problem is you twisting my words and denying a post where u were explaining something i already knew as if i was a child with no understanding i felt like i was in primary school. as for your discern tone tone excuse well be more careful how u write and how it reads if you read my latest post clearly i said "i only just realized" i should have been in div1 i didnt say u should have put me there how could i i didnt even know just on hindsight i would have had better battles there. to be accurate i fluffed the start in r1 but had the fastest lap by nearly a second and i won the next 4 i raced in i did not dominate cos there r fast guys in there just look at fl times. good luck to u in the future too.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I apologise for making you feel that way. Looks to me like we are misreading each others intentions.
    My offer of voice chat still stands.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wow, you have completely misread Hat, Peter. I read that you are completely free and welcome to race in div 1 this weekend, but I know hat so can see that is what he meant.
    It is up to you if you want to forgo the div 2 crown. A very generous gesture.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    T F Eccles likes this.
  8. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    I can only win div 2 if johno makes a meal out of it and I finish 1 or 2. His drop round won’t affect his points were as I’ve raced every race my drop will effect my overall total.
    It’s up too you.
    If your unhappy with hat I think you should race div 1 and beat him on the track. Good luck matey
  9. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    After Nurb Peter is on 109, you will be on 99 with the drop 9 makes you 90, Johnno is on 87. If Peter doesn't race then you can pass his score with a 2nd place. You have to beat Johnno though so a 2nd won't be enough if Johnno wins. You need to beat Johnno and get at least a 2nd.
    Peter would only need to finish 8th if he wanted to follow through and take the title.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  11. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    That couldn't have sucked harder if it tried.
    I'm generally lost around here and everything is just a reaction to whatever corner shows up.
    I don't practice as much as I should, but with every lap at least 8 mins, finding time isn't easy.
    That said tv felt I would enjoy a black screen to enhance the feeling of where am I, it was wrong.....
    So not wanting to inadvertently murder anyone I bounced out of the room.
    I know the penalty for this and am fine with it.
    No disrespect was intended toward the room, hope it didn't affect anyone.
    I know it glitches your screen when someone jumps out.
    Sorry for long windedness, see you all Sunday.
    Good Luck.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ah, that explains your departure. All good. Bad luck about the black screen.
  13. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    it was a build up not feeling welcome from my point of veiw and u had a part in that and u were a teamate. i was so confused how i lost so much time in the pits the 1st race but then the 2nd race it was more obvious and i posted about my confusion and my own teamates reply with i saved more fuel which was not true and u said it was the extra fuel i put in which i timed at 2 or 3 seconds was the reason for my 10 second loss of time. so i finally figure it out by myself before the 4th race i race in that nobody is changing tyres just putting in fuel. i have never driven with tyre wear besides fia races so i figured u must have to change tyres cos i could see wear in them. why didnt you tell me? that set the seed of feeling unwelcome nobody helping me and also most guys when u say hello in the lobby just ignore u which is not very welcoming. all good no hard feelings and not a gesture really i am excited to see who wins out of jonno and ben also with the pressure of other drivers maybe spoiling the party.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, I didn't tell you, In all the years racing here on Rooz I have had to make up for my relative lack of pace by optimizing strategy. I test tyres and fuel and work out what is the best use of fuel, how far the better tyre should be used before switching to the alternate and also through smooth driving to get the most from tyre and fuel. I have won most of my races using strategy to beat faster drivers over a race distance. I am not in the habit of telling faster drivers how to beat me.
    This season has been a complete new ball game in that tyre wear is practically non existent and only one tyre was mandated, On most tracks fuel usage only accounts for a few seconds over the race distance if abused, A couple of the tracks have required the possibility of getting to the next lap beyond half way or two stopping could take you out of contention but that is the only thing requiring attention other than raw pace and consistency this season.
    I didn't feel you needed help from me to win races, you seem to have worked that out for yourself. I was hoping to do well this season but with no way to make up for my lack of pace with strategy I needed something up my sleeve to try and get nearer the front, so not changing tyres was my only ace up the sleeve, but nearly everyone was onto it from the get go.
    I could see from the first time I was on track with you that you were faster than the drivers that had been pushed up to div 1 after pre qualifying and that you would probably walk away with this championship. Round one was an aberration but even then the way you closed the gap to me early in the race and the lap times you set I could see that if you settled down you would still walk it in. I commented then that div 1 was probably the best fit for you but on the basis of your first race you were left in div 2. You have done very well, driven fast and consistently and deserve the success you have had. My season has been littered with errors as I have tried to push as hard as I can to make up for the lack of pace. The highlight of my season was being able to stay on track in front of you for a few laps at least at Big Willow.
    If you feel unwelcome I want to assure you that you are as welcome as any member here, we may not all respond to everybody that says hello in the rooms but you are still a part of our community and very, very welcome.
    T F Eccles, gtkingx, Se7endan and 4 others like this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Spa Francorchamps - 15 Laps - 8:15 Sunny - 28/11
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 17!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING :
    8:20 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME :
    8:30 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful with the exit of T1, cutting T3-5, the exit of T18, and cutting T19-20

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    You must enter the lane from the right of the bollard. Try not slam into the wall, but the turn can be tight so light scrapes are ok.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon
  16. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    by the likes recieved by your post i can tell i dont belong here. i wouldnt get any joy beating someone at anything if they were doing something unnecessary specially if they were inexperienced and that was the reason i beat them if it was better fuel saving or strategy that is ok by my values but the values here in this community are different to mine. people posting they should have won races where they had an error when that is questionable even before the knowledge that it was the fact i changed tyres that even gave them a chance and they knew that when posting. i didnt was just confused about my huge pit time losses. also a community value i like is saying hello it just is not that hard and if it is a bother to most in this community again that is not my values or where i belong. u were very good to race race with emmo far more skill than me as u barged past me and i could not see any gap to pass u kudos to u mate. thanks for the racing i did have a ball on track and u enjoy your racing but my parting advice is............... helping people and friends is more important than wins
    Blunty075 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    To be clear for myself, I liked it because of this:
    gtkingx likes this.
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Peter P , I actually think the number of likes to @emmo46's post is people agreeing with him that you are welcome here.

And before you run the 'dunno what your problem is mate' line and the 'dunno what it's got to do with you' I, like everyone else here, am a member of this community despite being in Div 3 at the moment and take an interest in these things. Despite your interpretation of what's been posted, you are welcome. It's appears to be only you that is thinking otherwise.

I'm also the Captain of the ICR team and can tell that I am the most 'vocal' in our team's private chat. And that's OK. I'd like there to be more chat going on but I get that people have lives outside of here, have families, jobs etc that take priority and I get that a significant portion of our community just like to turn up and race on Sunday.

Ultimately it's only a game and we ain't playin' for sheep stations.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  19. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Sorry I don't say hello, I'm usually in room but not at screen.
    Also I have to put up jokers before I forget , not a hard task nowdays as my team has 3 members .
    I normally remember to thank toom host and congratulate podium as I'm at screen then.
    I'm a newer member here and have never felt unwelcome, I'm sorry you find otherwise.
    Good luck in your future sim endeavors, if you choose to stay then I'll see you out there.
    Peter P and Apex_64 like this.
  20. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    This post is the only post that addresses Peter's perceptions. Steve did this without the possible perception of defensive passive aggressive overtones. This is exexacerbated and magnified when it is emenating from several different members and being liked by many more.
    I think the main problem looking at Peter's posts is actually the tyre change situation. I am on his side there because I would have told him whether he was faster or slower if he were in my team. Everything else is perception and what your expectations are in an online community. His perceptions can be listened to and responded to like Steve or they can be ignored by the community. Nothing wrong with a mirror occasionally. Like everyone else I hope Peter continues to race at ROOZ.
    Peter P and Easyprey007 like this.