ACC [PC] Season 7 - Round 3 [Silverstone 2020 - 60min] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Oct 5, 2021.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 7 - GT3 Spring Cup
    Admin team: @krunch, @nanlatt, @CornfordCaster, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Flamebadger

Round 3 - Sprint - Silverstone 2020
    [​IMG]
    11th October 2021 at 8:15pm AEDT
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL NOTES
    • Redressing is a thing - It's important to redress when you have caused another car to lose position. More info here
    • Start Formation - The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will continue to review starts as a matter of procedure. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or causing a disadvantage to other drivers by being out of position.
      • Please respect other drivers and stay in your grid position
      • Do not stay 'ghosted' within any other car especially in the final phase of the formation lap
      • It is not acceptable to take another car's position before the start
      • If ACC fails to give a penalty for being out of position then the Admin team will issue a post race penalty
      • Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green
      • Drivers should stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins
      • Penalties WILL NOT BE CLEARED even if it seems to be a glitch - just take more care!
    • Avoiding pre-start and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • The Admins will review the race starts - To ensure that everyone is racing safely, the admins will review from the start of the race until the end of the first lap and may issue warnings or penalties if deemed necessary regardless of if an incident that occurred was reported or not.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR01 [PRAC/RACE] S7 R3 [Silverstone 2020 - 60min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is available for practice in the week prior to Monday's race.
    • The server will reset for official practice at 8:15pm (AEDT) on Monday night.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    'Whacky' Wednesday Server Name: RaceOnOz.com ROOZ [AUS:AEST] SVR02 [WHACKY WED] S7 R3 [Silverstone 2020 - 2x30min]
    Server Password: season7
    • This server is both for season 7 practice and for others wishing to try out racing at ROOZ.
    • The server runs as a Super Sprint with 2x30min races and no pitstops.
    • The server will kick over to first practice at 8:15pm (AEDT) on Wednesday night.
    • The server has an open entry list with an SA rating of 60.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • more info: Whacky Wednesday Forum Thread

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a Sprint:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • Pitstop Rules:
      • Tyres Mandatory (No tyre set restrictions)
      • Refuelling is Not Mandatory (Fill time not fixed)
      • No Pit Window
      • No Stint Limit
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 1x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Friday 1pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 2pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 1pm) - OPEN for joining
    • Weather: "ambientTemp": 18, "cloudLevel": 0.35, "rain": 0.20, "weatherRandomness": 3
    (Weather and session settings may be changed at any time at the admins discretion)

CAR CHOICE
    This season is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

>> ROOZ Discord Server <<

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-one wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver please do not push your talk button. Keep it private!
    • Please do not conduct arguments over voice chat. Sort it out later!
    • Abuse will not be tolerated. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

WHY NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS?
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for this season. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious “join lag” issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to the season remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero custom skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
  2. CornfordCaster

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021
  3. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster's Cornforecast!
    Special additional information for those of you who come in here and read all of the information on the forums!
    Based on the current weather settings in the OP there is about a ~30% chance of any session having some level of rain during that session, this does not indicate the intensity of the rain. This was determined by advancing the sessions and 'simulating' 10 race weekends, out of the 30 sessions 9 had some level of rain.
    Wally, krunch and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, it is Britain after all....
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

It's race night! Depending on your timezone, tonight's Official Practice begins at:
    • 5:15pm AWST in Western Australia (except Eucla)
    • 5:15pm HKT in Hong Kong
    • 6:45pm ACST in Northern Territory
    • 7:15pm AEST in Queensland
    • 7:45pm ACDT in South Australia and the town of Broken Hill in western New South Wales
    • 8:15pm AEDT in New South Wales (except Broken Hill), Victoria, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory
    • 10:15pm NZDT in New Zealand
    Dan Medved and CornfordCaster like this.
  6. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I just got clipped by a car rolling backwards across the track in the opening lap incidents and spun off the track, but luckily damage was light and ignorable. I was going alright, up in 12th, but near the end of the race I took too much inside kerb at T1 and must have bottomed out, because the car spun out,and I lost a couple of spots, to Rob Penfold and Krunch, which was annoying. But it was a really good race, good racing and some good battles and passes.
    c4rLo5, Dan Medved and nanlatt like this.
  7. Mael

Mael Professional

Apologies for the bump on lap 1 Krunch, just got the braking point all wrong. Did pay dearly for that as the damaged cost almost a second a lap for the first stint and a long pit stop for repairs. Apart from that the race was fairly calm, just concentrated on staying on the black stuff :D Got worried Wally would catch me in the last few laps but luckily he threw in the towel.
    c4rLo5, Dan Medved and Wally like this.
  8. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

Hey all, thanks heaps for the ace racing. Great to be back racing with ya all again. Took 18 weeks off from racing thanks to breaking my collarbone on my MTB. However I do have a nice titanium plate there now to help out ;)
    Congrats to Dowd for the win, super quick mate. And well done Nando, you make that Bentley one hard car to pass! Great intense racing :)
    Cheers again to all for the hardwork organising these races
    c4rLo5, nanlatt and krunch like this.
  9. krunch

You and I seem to be on opposite ends of the same see-saw every race Wally! Early in my first stint I did exactly the same spin as you did by taking too much at apex, throwing away a couple of positions and a chunk of time. That also meant you were on my tail :laugh: . Then later after you rudely overcut me in the pitstop phase (so what if your pace was just better) you had your spin to correct things again and you got stuck behind me to the finish. Natural order was restored :D

But seriously - nice drive to come from a fair way back on the grid :thumbsup:

All good mate. Yeah I didn't see you at all before that hit - it changed the colour of my undies that's for sure! But luckily I didn't lose a spot there and I only had minor damage. Shame I spun a bit later on as I'd have been happy to stay in your way for the rest of the race which would have been soooo satisfying :sneaky::D
    c4rLo5 and Dan Medved like this.
  10. krunch

Yeah mate good to see you back! Nice effort to hit podium straight up too after a long break like that :thumbsup:
    c4rLo5 and Dan Medved like this.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

That's my game plan - qualify 20-something and then finish round about 10th o_O. It just goes to show I'm (generally) more consistent than fast.
    krunch and Dan Medved like this.
  12. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Thanks Dan. My heart was pounding for those last 5 or 6 laps trying to keep you behind. I hope my defense was fair, I don't think I've ever had to work that hard before.
    That's my best result at ROOZ and I was really happy with how it played out. After a pretty good last ditch qualy lap put me 5th, I thought the front guys would just pull away after the race started but I was able to hang with them. Made a pass on a sub optimal @CornfordCaster and past @Dan Medved in the pitstop to put in in a net 2nd after the pit. From then it was just trying to hold on till the end. Very happy chappy:)
    krunch and Wally like this.
  13. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Sliverstone, Not So Highlights.
    Mael, c4rLo5, Cooper and 4 others like this.
  14. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

Seems T1 catches a few people out - myself included. So easy to get greedy there trying to stick with the cars in front. A second spin at Becketts, while trying not to run up the back of an innocent Lexus, a couple of laps later dropped me back to 13th but managed to get myself back to 10th before the end. Starting to get a feel for what I need setup wise with the Ferrari but so glad it didn't rain.
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  15. krunch

NOTE: Results now posted above! Thanks to Steve for fixing the backend blockage :poop:

Thanks Glenn! Brilliant 'incident' reel :). It's nice to see that others also make a mistake every now and then.

Putting my Admin hat on for a sec - please REDRESS if you know you've caused an incident! In that vid some did, some didn't. If you are the car behind and tap another car causing them to lose position or crash you are almost certainly at fault so the respectful thing to do is to redress as soon as you safely can. If you tell the other driver you are redressing they may tell you to just carry on, in which case your offer is as good as a full redress. If the incident is later protested and you haven't redressed you may incur a larger penalty but most importantly you've lost the chance to show that you really are sorry - it's not just an empty word.

I know we have some new drivers in the field and they may not have yet fully 'processed' all the rules, regs and ettiquette that I'm sure they've actually read ;), so hopefully after this round everyone is on the same page regarding redressing. :thumbsup:

FYI we only review incidents that occur on lap1, are *protested, are **reported or are otherwise so significant that we feel we need to investigate even without a protest or report (stewards' discretion). It's time consuming and we'd prefer not to be doing reviews. Often drivers tend not to protest incidents that are redressed although sometimes they do and are always entitled to.

* a protest against a driver(s) is made by a driver directly involved in an incident that they believe was the specified driver's fault.
    ** a report against a driver(s) is made by a driver not directly involved in an incident but who witnessed an incident or issue in a league round that they believe should be brought to the attention of the stewards.
    Wally, c4rLo5, CornfordCaster and 2 others like this.
  16. Rowdy

Rowdy New Recruit Gold Member

Another good example here with the lap 1 incident - not to single them out, but if the #505 Bentley jammed on their brakes as soon as they were spun, it is likely they would've stopped on the edge of the track and the rest of the field would've passed through. By rolling back and trying to "catch" the spin, it caused an almighty pile-up. Even though it seems tempting at the time to try and flick the car and carry on all in one go, 99% of the time it is a better idea to just jam the brakes until you come to a stop as that makes your car the most predictable for other drivers coming past and trying to avoid you.
    Wally, c4rLo5, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  17. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

Can not believe wally is giving me 2 sec at Silverstone!!!! Is it time for me to hang that steering wheel on the wall or keep fighting?
    krunch likes this.
  18. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

......i will never surrender!!!!!!!!!
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  19. Cokko Bill

Cokko Bill Rookie

let me finish planting those 1300 passion fruit vines and i will focking chase you wally!!!!! lolol
    krunch likes this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

LOL, keep chasing.
    Cokko Bill likes this.