GT Sport Season 16 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Draft complete.
    OP updated with team for each driver
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    HELP!! PSN just signed me out and suspended my account for 7 days for apparently violating some term or condition after uploaded something via GT Sport. I've just recently finished my team's liveries and some new decals. WTF?

The only thing I can think of is one of the decals had SOA-_-Klayy's real name i.e. K. Hancock. Yet I've used that one before.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  3. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Matthyus look out for a friend request from Blue_Bottle44, it's one of my alternate accounts. At least I can race with that, I hope.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Not good
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Is that who that is ;)
    Approved.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thanks. Two of the liveries I uploaded have been removed/blocked, odd given the others are still there.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Very odd.
    Anything you can think of?
  8. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Hatfield asked me to post the track guide (with important notes on track limits)
    Enjoy!
    T F Eccles, Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  9. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    T F Eccles likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey all, good luck for tonight's first round, hope you all have a great season.
    Tiny bit of house keeping...
    - Season Sponsor is SELBY ACCOUSTICS and they have offered up a great prize yet again. Thanks so much to Shaun and his team. These speakers are RRP $1699.
    https://www.selby.com.au/brands/scansonic/scansonic-l9-floorstanding-speakers-pair.html

Details to be eligible for the prize are here
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...going-with-new-prizes.2855/page-2#post-229990

Finally, we banned a racer from our ACC series last week after abuse in the room chats. A reminder to everyone, make sure if there is an issue please go through Hatfield or your room captain.

Good luck for the season to all drivers.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bang is stuck in lockdown, and @Rangeraus created a (more) helpful video on a lap + track limits.

Here is a quick one showing a pitstop:

I don't mind drivers going through the final turn quickly and diving into the pits. I would ask you lift a little bit to try and make entry before the red/white striped area before the pit wall.
    HOWEVER, if someone else is on your inside and they are compromised by your pit entry, YOU WILL BE PENALISED.

Pit exit is easy, it releases you after the unbroken line. Just be aware of drivers coming down the straight
  12. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Apologies for the late notice but I am going to hop over to Project Cars for a change of scenery. GTsport just feels a bit stale for me atm. Hope you all have good racing.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thanks Stu and Selby.

Btw, did the draw for the rig from NLR take place or am I mis-remember8ng something?
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Last seasons hasn't been done yet
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Bitsa - DSC - 1.57.293
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    T F Eccles, TUBBSTER22 and Hatfield like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I got pole with my last flyer and lined up with @TUBBSTER22 to make a PRT front row lockout!

Got a fine start, and started circulating until @groover33 made his way through from 6th on the softs to take the lead.
    I watched the gap steadily increase until a point that his softs must've worn more than my mediums, and eventually the gap started decreasing again.
    When I pit on lap 11 it was about 1sec.
    He pit a lap later and came out 3rd.
    I just kept managing the tyres, and late in the race @GasMonkee78 was catching me slowly until tubbster passed him and started catching me, although still slowly.
    Slowly enough that I took the win.

Thank guys, but I think I will be jumping up to div 1 to fill the hole left by Mike since he no longer has Sundays free.

Good luck!
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I had a good race making up positions through the grid to be in 4th ish.
    The train of 4 cars in front of me at the start of the race until I begun making inroads was impressive and also very difficult to get around. Luckily peoples tires were beginning to show their age, allowing mistakes to pop in.
    It was lap 8 that Disco and I were close racing down towards the banked corner, Disco with slip and taking the inside. We turned in however in trying not to bump each other I ran wide.
    Into the sand, full 90 degree spin into the wall.
    Into last place I go.
    I did manage to claw back Bitsa, before he DSC.
    I was making inroads to Slarty, but ran outta laps.
    Could've been top 5, instead ended up 11th :(

Oh well, it can't get any worse...hang on, were at Blue Moon this week....
    See you there.

Well done to the podium winners.
    TUBBSTER22 likes this.
  18. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Bit of a blunder for me, although I was way off the pace anyway.
    For some reason I forgot we started with 50% fuel and when I came in to pit I just filled up the tank thinking that I just did 11 laps on a tank and would need the same again to get to the end! To make things worse I fuel saved for 5 laps until I looked at my fuel gauge and had 18 laps left.
    Will try to get some practice in for next round but its not a good track for me
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I learned a little today about this ban process. It's triggered by someone reporting something you've done that has caused them offence. In my case something I uploaded in GT Sport. The process takes some time to work it's way through so it was something I did some time ago, no relation to Saturday's livery uploads. The ban is based on real people, a dedicated team apparently, reviewing actual evidence (images/text etc). However they say they cannot reveal to the offender the evidence so as to protect the anonymity of the reporter to prevent reprisal. One must reflect on ones past behaviour rather than act on something evidential.

It was ironic when the online chat agent I was dealing with abruptly closed the session when I pointed out the contradiction in their process.
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    So, account bans aside, I had a pretty good result for my first foray at Div 2. Quali'd 9th, so decided to start on RM, estimating that I could get to lap 13.
    However, the opening laps were frenetic, even in the cheap seats at the back. Did my best to stick to a pack of @Ian Cannan, @Slartybar, @Adam Thompson and @Matthyus, attempting to save a bit of fuel in the process. Eventually had to pit on lap 10 due to fuel. Swapped to the softs, put enough fuel and little bit for the run home and set off chasing those ahead. Had a great battle with @Ian Cannan, @Adam Thompson over laps 15 to 18, then with Whizz alone over the closing laps, passed him on the final lap after he had a slight off coming out of turn 3 to finish 7th.
    Ian Cannan, Matthyus and emmo46 like this.