ACC [PC] Season 6 - Round 2 [Donington Park 2019 - 90min] Enduro

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by CornfordCaster, Jun 16, 2021.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

It appears this is one of the tracks that ACC makes bad highlights on! There was actually a lot of close racing in this one, this is a gorgeous looking game in the sunset though
  2. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

There were no highlights from my point of view......:(
    krunch likes this.
  3. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

Was that good or bad - I'm not actually sure which?

Bit of a blah race for me really. Extracted a decent time out of the Porsche in practice but then couldn't replicate it in qualifying. Probably only started a couple of positions further back than I possibly could have but its more the frustration of not being consistent.

Race start was dreadful. I was caught out wide and put the left side wheels into the dirt and the rest was inevitable - started to spin, half caught it but then was collected by the following innocent traffic and by the time dust settled was 2nd last. Thankfully no significant car damage and I set about trying to salvage a decent race. Eventually found myself in about 12th when I had a total brain fade with another car that was unlapping itself. I proceeded to call myself several unflattering names (probably a good thing it was push-to-talk) and decided to take a trip to the pits to try and have a bit of a reset. Unfortunately didn't take into account stopping about 20 minutes early and ended up with 120l of fuel on board and a brain that wasn't in the best mood. My setup simply couldn't cope with the extra fuel and destroyed the front tyres. After about 20 laps of posting lap times well into the 29's (and despite being up to 8th), I gave in to the inevitable and made another stop for tyres only and decided to just ring its neck on a qualifying map and see what happened - and I still finished the race with 26l on board! At least I got the 3rd fastest lap of the race (I think I read that right).

Not to many positives to take away otherwise. Pace was OK for most of the 1st stint and I could run high-mid 28's when I focused, but overall just too many mistakes that balloon out to major frustrations. I'm still not getting the long run pace I would like out of the Porsche but at least in the 1st stint I was a little closer but being around 1 second slower than 1 lap pace isn't going to cut it with the level of competition I keep finding myself in.

Next its Oulton Park - a track I quite like but IMO has bugger all genuine overtaking opportunities. I am just going to keep working on minimising mistakes and see where we end up - Finishing where I started would be at least a step up.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Rolz, CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

good for you, bad for me haha... I'm generally not really an elbows out type of driver so I linger behind waiting for a slip up so I could get past, but couldn't fault ur driving... if I make Monday night I'll do my best to not start behind you haha :D
    MusicRacer, nanlatt and krunch like this.