General Chat

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Giant slayer, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    I've got plenty of data allowance, 100Gb per month. Only use it for GTsport or ACC atm. If I go on my USA account it seems to work ok with GTsport but obviously shows a weaker signal than the locals. Lag does not seem to be a problem.
    How can I measure the latency?
    Thanks.
  2. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Are there any ROOZ members that build PC's as a hobby or income? Or I'll probably just buy one over the counter from JB Hi-Fi. Would like to support a rooz sponsor if possible.
    Ian sainty likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Here is a good article about latency...
    https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/5-reasons-your-ping-is-so-high

ACC (PC) is pretty good where you can enable the server side info to see ping, latency, qos and server cpu load...
    Max Gassit likes this.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The iRacing UI has live ping and connection quality stats in game.

In the menu you can see ping times to all available server farms. In 2 years, I am still yet to get disconnected from a competitive race and the only time I have disconnected from any session was when my home internet connection dropped out.
    Max Gassit likes this.
  5. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Hey guys I just seen a Facebook post that we have a iracing team has anyone got any info on it i have just started iracing and am quite enjoying it
    Thanks in advance
  6. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Hi Dean,
    Download the client software here: https://discordapp.com/
    And here's the invite code you need to join the team chat:
    https://discord.gg/z62rqp9

We do a variety of leagues including V8 supercars and GT cars, and also the big team endurance races. Jump in for as much or as little as you want. Jump into our discord and chat with the guys for more info on how to get involved!
    DeanK likes this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I’m going to be sending the link to a few people.
    Giant slayer likes this.
  8. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
  9. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    hey mate I had a look
    don't seem to be able to see any chats on the discord mate Not sure what the go is but I dont have access so it says
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  10. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

A few people have joined the discord recently but can't access anything. Who do they need to get in contact with?
  11. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

They should be able to access the general voice chat and public text chat. Just need to jump in at any time and say g'day. :thumbsup:
    Giant slayer likes this.
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hello boys and girls,
    What cars and series are you lot running these days?
  13. its-benny-racer

N24 is this weekend, we’re in the BMW M4 GT3.

I’m also running in the Flat Sixes V8SCOPS support series (Porsche Cup car)
    DeanK likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

link to live stream for the 24 Hours of Nürburgring, starting 8:45am AEST 24/04/202
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

crack 200 wins in the official races on iRacing this week, only took 5 years. here is a Clip of the opening lap around Brands Hatch GP circuit.

31 laps and the gap got no bigger then 1 second
  16. its-benny-racer

Stream links for tonight's Apex Hunters United Endurance series round 2, 4 hour at Watkins Glen. We have a team representing RaceOnOz (car #27).

stucar17, KoAStR and Hatfield like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Hey guys, I picked up a 12 month sub a few days ago and am fresh out of the rookies and into D. I'm wondering what would be a sensible purchase next for something that is fun to drive (like the MX5) in road racing. Preferably something that runs on the free tracks, I don't mind buying a couple of tracks whilst I'm at it.

Also add me to your friends list? Frederick Barr
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  18. its-benny-racer

Would depend a bit on the sort of car you are likely to want to run long term. You should jump on our discord server. We can help bring you up to speed on the options.

Personally, after getting out of the rookies I went straight into league racing on Sunday nights in GT3 and just purchased tracks as I needed to.

These days I mainly do special events (team enduros), Apex Hunters United (endurance league run by SVG), Porsche cup (V8 support series) and Full Send Motorsport on Monday nights. A few of our guys are running in the premier V8 league (V8SCOPS).

So plenty of good comps in addition to official races.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I'm hesitant to go GT3, that's pretty much been my only option for two years and I feel I'd may as well go back to ACC even though I am a big fan. I'm not much into V8SC either, I prefer European circuits. I guess I'll take a look at the car lists and then find which ones are A) fun to drive/make good racing and b) show up in the official races often. What is Full Send Motorsport?

Edit/ I might just stick to the MX5 for now and build up tracks instead, I didn't realise there were a couple more free road cars as well (Solstice and Caddy) and then move to Skippy in a couple of seasons.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  20. its-benny-racer

Overall, my favorite car to race, especially in officials is the porsche cup car, though I wouldn't recommend buying the 991 model right now as the 992 is supposed to be coming out next build (next week).
    beakeroo likes this.