ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 4 Suzuka Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Feb 10, 2021.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

:roflmao:

I should be happy with second. I really should be. But you tally up all the countless little mistakes and you wonder what could have been. For as close as I was to the Master :alien:, it's all those little mistakes that keep you second.

Qualli was good but not great, and frustratingly I couldn't improve despite being up early in the lap several times. Starting from 3rd, I managed to keep up with @kcender and eventually managed to pass him a few laps later. I was closing in slightly on @Andy and was at times within a second, but not close enough for a pass. Laurenson and I pitted at the same time and he was right up my clacker on the exit. After almost dropping it through the esses myself on cold tyres, he dropped it half a lap later through 130r and smashed the wall. Then 1 lap later it was my turn to drop it over 130r :eek::eek::eek: Somehow I managed to hold a long slide together to keep it on track, but the rear psi's were through the roof.

Another brown underpants moment at 130r happened when I was coming up across two blue flaggers trying to overtake each other several laps later. Got a wobble on and tried desperately to save it, sideswiping Nando in the process. From there I was still chasing, but not as hard as both incidents caused PSI's to spike and it took several laps for the tyres to chill. Anyways, settled for second. Congrats to Andy and Ash for the podium :thumbsup:
  2. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Happy to get my first win in class, Qualified well and it paid off :)

Race started and had cars ahead of me veer off to avoid krunch's Lexus, was definitely a scary moment.
    This happened right in front of me, Read's NSX did at least a 720 after hitting the outside wall hard after 130R, it was the hardest I've seen a Honda die since they powered a McLaren F1 car ;) (I'm amazed you finished the race after that and finished well too considering)

Followed a train of cars for 10 laps or so until I pitted early to get out of traffic, the car was instantly way faster with some temp changes but fell off in the last 6 laps or so and had Stimson follow me around, we both went off at the left hand turn after the esses following a blue flagged car off but managed to keep going, he caught up again but went off at the same spot again a few laps later on.

Also seemed like a generally clean start this time around, didn't see anyone drop off the line of cars until the hairpin in the first lap which was nice to see as opposed to the first 3 corners.
    CornfordCaster, krunch and Bueller like this.
  3. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I just checked back on the replays and some people ate A LOT more doo doo that I did on 130R about 6-8 people went into to the wall and another 6 or so had some brown moments. It's a very unforgiving corner when it all goes wrong

@tezpez85 you got so lucky to drive away from your two on review. Solid number 2 right there. I mean the finishing position not poop...
    krunch, tezpez85, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  4. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Difficult race again. Good fun on lap one rubbing shoulders with an Aston. Then almost hit an out of control car at the pit entry on a one, needed to evade through the gravel. That was costly. Then lost the car under braking into the hairpin in lap 2, incurred massive damage, so early pit stop and repair. From then it was a recovery drive without recovery. Thanks everybody!
    krunch, staffy0707 and CornfordCaster like this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yep, all whippy snippy on that second one!
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, that was me in the blue and white Aston trying to avoid the spun lambo too, thought I was going to make it too, but must have hit the car by a pixel or two. Was going so well up until that point too. I got away with light damage though and carried on without too much time loss or pit repair time (37 seconds). You look like you fared far worse..... I did want to check the replay, but mine only saved the last 30 minutes so couldn't do that. Has anyone else got a copy to share?

The rest of the race I was happy with, as no self-induced off's, though I did almost bin it a few times as I've been having issues since day dot with my screen freezing for a fraction of a second, sometimes upto a whole second, which can be very dangerous. Anyway, I've spent the evening Googling and testing and actually found a fix that worked! Also getting much more consistent frame times too, so recommend anyone to check out the video below if you have been having similar issues.

krunch, tezpez85 and CornfordCaster like this.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

no worries mate! i was unsure if i had done anything but felt like i had held my line so just kept going. i felt bad for you as you were quicker than me and the pack in front were either going away or getting slightly held down for the time being but i couldnt quite make up the ground to them. if anything sorry for fighting it so hard but in heat of battle the urges kick in to give it all you can :D it was a good move by you but spotted the opportunity to take it back when you ran a bit deep, was good fun while it lasted, the rest of my race was pretty lonely so i especially enjoed that little tussle.
    haha yeah that was scary, the left hand side looked just wide enough to dive through, under braking as well so a tad more hairy but alls good, could pretty much take the normal line.

stil hoping to find a bit of speed in the coming weeks but man its tough, i started getting real sloppy in the second half of the race as well with nooone else around and my mind drifting to very unrelevant things.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just want to give a shout out to Pagnian as I followed up with them on spare parts and not only did they have one, they also shipped it to me free of charge! Support your Aussie sim racing retailers guys! A1 customer service! :) Out with the old and in with the new!
    [​IMG]
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And it seems I have been able to get rid of the screen freezes by turning OFF MSI Afterburner (this was causing AMS2 to glitch too so I won't be running this anymore)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Nice one mate!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.