ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 2 Enduro Kyalami

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jan 27, 2021.

1. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

:):):):) I didn't even know he flipped! I couldn't do much to avoid him tho, he was unsighted. Sorry Shane!
    Frostwa and CornfordCaster like this.
  2. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

That was a seriously challenging race, had heaps of fun after repairing major damage on lap 1. Would love to see a replay of what happened if anyone has an ACC replay file they can share?

Hopefully I didn't annoy too many when I was making my way back up the field.. tried to wait for a super clean pass where i could. The old GTR was awesome in the race and just seemed to get faster (must be the night cold air and boooost :p)
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Not an ideal season debut for me.
    Hadn't picked a car to drive for this season until there was 20mins of prac left.
    Had a poor qualifying which is expected. Sorry if I ruined a few of your laps - I had to stop at the first fast right hander with a car sideways on the track. Then I was distracted trying to figure out if I had enough fuel/time for another run but had a stampede behind me and I couldn't find a gap to slot into while trying to pick up speed again.

Then for the race....had another car sideways in front of me before I had even crossed the start line and received bent steering as a reward.
    Did a lap and decided it was definitely best to pit. A minute and a half of repairs and I was lapped.
    So that combined with my room being about 34 degrees, it was a disappointing but easy decision to bow out and try again next week.

Hungaroring is one of my favs so looking forward to that! :thumbsup:
    Paul McElhinney and krunch like this.
  4. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zz1f5uzxtno4lm8/AACf-eKocOkvRdQmLlBz8NX-a?dl=0
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  5. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Highlights package of the eventful race below. Algorithm behaved itself this week and is a much better watch than the Silverstone highlights!

6. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Didn't we have a errr large pile up in the our first lap in a first enduro last season..? :whistling:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

It was fun to be back. I decided to run the Audi after running the Ferrari Mk1 last year and a doing brief stint in the Porsche in some Octane rookie races.

I think I was getting the hang of Kyalami and managed a good time in practice with full race fuel. Quali wasn't too flash, and traffic was an issue. One of my better laps I had a car parked on the apex of a corner late in the lap and another, I was three tenths up on my best when some eejit in a Porsche decided to re-join the track right in front of me after going off himself which screwed my lap. So I could have qualified better.

The race went ok. I think surfing gives a good mindset to be able to weave through carnage and I managed to coast through a few accidents during the first lap craziness.

The first stint was fairly uneventful. I added a heap of tyre pressure at the pit stop to get 27.7 PSI all round anticipating a cooling track. A bit later, I took liberties with the sausage curb at Bunnings corner which sent me into a drift. I didn't lose any places but the rear tyres were cooked and sure enough they gave up at Barbeque corner (turn 5) and I lost a few spots while I tried to get the car pointed the right way without causing grief for anyone behind me.

Despite my spin, the 27.7 target pressure gave me the neat 27.5 PSI for the closing stages and I finished fairly consistently though the damage from my spin was costing about a second a lap thanks to bonus understeer.

So I'm happy with 25th out of 40 odd for a first outing in the Audi. I don't mind the Audi, the V10 sure makes a lovely noise.
  8. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Still amazed by how real it looks.
  9. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

10. cerp

cerp Rookie

is it just me or do people just completely ignore yellows and warnings from the spotter. there's drivers still with their foot in it after half the cars in front of them had made contact or had stopped/spun. the first group was fair enough as they were basically the ones involved, but there was a second group of carnage because of people just yolo'ing into the corner despite yellows etc
    krunch, CornfordCaster and jlynn777 like this.