ACC [PC] Wacky Wednesday League Practice

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Oct 21, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Racing history, you saw it here first
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  2. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Wacky Wednesday is all set for Zandvoort... are you?
    - 8pm: 15 mins of frantic prac.
    - after that: 10 mins of frantic qual
    - after that: 20 mins of frantic racing
    - after that we breathe for 5 mins
    - after that we qual and race again!
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

Results are in OP gents!

Lots of fun as always tonight, thanks for the races.
    tezpez85, krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  4. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

Thanks guys. That was a fun way to learn the track
  5. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yeah looked like your time came down a lot between the races! It's a monster track to learn because the straights aren't really straight and the corners aren't really even.

Thanks Hayes, Nando and Wall for a fun couple of races! Well done Shane for dropping us in a lap.
  6. krunch

Great stuff again last night peeps :). Some good tips were shared too as always.

I'm hoping we can get more of our Monday regulars to join in on the Wednesday fun. It's really handy to see where the different cars and classes tend to make passes or get stuck at each track, and the more cars we have on-track the better that will be.

Also the Wednesday server always stays live for the rest of the week so anyone can jump in if they want some short session racing/testing/prac. Post here or on Discord (or both) if you are jumping in and you might get some company :thumbsup:
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Maybe a switch back to Thursday evenings? 2 nights after race night maybe people are still fuzzed
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

I’ll second that! Thursdays would be good!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  9. krunch

I'm cool with going back to Thursdays! I agree Tez it might be a bit too close to Monady's race. I think it was moved to Wednesday because the admins at the time couldn't make Thursdays or something? I guess we need to see how many people are interested in moving it Thursday.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and tezpez85 like this.
  10. tezpez85

Voterino time. Also, just a thought - perhaps there are other leagues out there which may race on a particular night. Might be worth avoiding a clash.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thursday’s are significantly less desirable for me personally. :thumbsdown:
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

XGN have a Thursday league, and there is a little overlap with some of the drivers here. Wed's are free at XGN.
    I just don't race on Wednesdays because wife time only allows racing 2 nights a week.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

I have that same limitation!
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  14. tezpez85

Probably Wednesdays are the ticket. I think Friday evening would be a poor option.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Results from tonight in the OP!

Max fun gents, really enjoyed this one.
  16. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Was any gt3-gt4 passing working safely over the hill?
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I wasn't there on Wednesday, but I'd like to know that too. It seems to me like passing anywhere up on top of the hill would be fraught with danger.
  18. tezpez85

That's a hard no. The only spot where a GT3 could potentially get by is that little straight bit right after McPhillamy, but you'd have to time it very well.
    Paul McElhinney likes this.
  19. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

From my little run, the only spot where passing seemed remotely possible was into Skyline after McPhillamy Park on top of the mountain. But there are a ton of opportunities between Forrest's Elbow and The Cutting, so it's worthwhile being patient.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

The answer is yes and no.

If both drivers we 100% on the same page, it was happening OK...and even down through the esses and some of the other more difficult spots...but if the two drivers were not on the same page, and were not driving like absolute robots, no...it was very very dangerous and there were incidents!

Sometimes there were incidents where one car would crash because of a late decision, without actually contacting the other car - e.g. GT3 coming up on a GT4 and not making it clear until late what they were going to do, and realising at the last moment it wasn't going to happen...and bang. Either lift off oversteer, or not enough grip left to slow it down and pull out of the move.

The important thing to have in mind is that moreso than other tracks, the decisions and signals of intent need to be made very early - because there is so little margin for error (due to undulations affecting grip levels, off line grip being very low, narrow track etc). And if it feels like it is going to be a close run thing, it is most likely going to end badly!
    CornfordCaster and tezpez85 like this.