ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Mid Season SPECIAL EVENT Spa 2.4Hr - Info & Sign up

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Nov 2, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

If you can get it in before midnight tonight mate I'll do my best to make sure you are on the entry list
    krunch and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Hey @SteveDrivingSlowly , thanks for before but I am unfortunately out for tomorrow night. :(:mad::( One less roadblock.:thumbsup:
  3. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

Hi, I want to participiate. On Mclaren.
    What i must do for it? And if i want participiate with my brother Alexey Tsakhoev in team?
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi Egor - start by reading the OP in this thread, it has all of the details for how to sign-up. Please make sure you and your brother are both signed up before 5pm AEDT and I will do my best to get you on the entry list (actually the deadline for sign-ups has passed but I will do my best to add you in just before the race tonight).
    Egor Tsakhoev likes this.
  5. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

I signed, Alex is still sleeping (i think) and will sign later. Thx for get us to the entry list. Sorry for missing deadline)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. Alex. Tsakhoev

Alex. Tsakhoev New Recruit

hello, we are in a team with Egor Tsakhoev
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks fellas - will try and make sure you are on the list tonight. I will make Egor the first driver in the team, so Egor - please join the server before Alex tonight.
  8. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

FarknL something went wrong with my pit stop, my strat 3, for wets didn't change tyres.
    Glitch IDK. Bailed, sorry
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thanks for the race guys. I started on a set that I had HEAVILY flat-spotted in practice and struggled so much to keep everyone behind, I also went with an aggressive dry setup taking my changes on having good weather for the whole race. Sadly I died.

:(:(:(:cry::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::poop::poop::poop::unsure:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

results are up in second post! Amazing race guys, very well done to all finishers!
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Qualified 27 and finished 7. Gotta be happy with that. I didn't have the pace, but had the consistency, and stayed out of harm's way. My tyre pressures were fairly good throughout. In the latter stages, I had a good duel with Toa Murray, swapping spots a few times when he had an off, and gaining some time when he must have taken on repairs in a pit stop. He was 15 seconds behind me, and gaining about a second per lap with what I calculated was about 15 laps to go, so I knew it was going to be close. I just focussed on putting in clean, consistent laps. In the end, only a bit over a second separated us.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

Congrats to Overall Podium:

1. Brandon Dove
    2. Ryan Duong
    3. Anthony Cesana
    Silver Podium:

1. Anthony Cesana
    2. Andy Gock
    3. Peter Wall
    AM Podium:

1. Thomas Robertshaw / me
    2. Ryan Bennet
    3. Lachlan Nichols

And again a huge well done to all finishers, and thanks to everyone who came along for a very enjoyable and actually very clean race - well done!

I had a great time in my first ever team race - @Dat Guy Tom had an awesome drive and I'm really happy with where we finished. The 24 hour cycle and changing conditions really made for an awesome and cinematic experience - and fitting for a track like Spa.

Looking forward to the next one of these!
    anton_Chez, c4rLo5, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  13. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

Had pretty good race last night and a couple of awesome battles. I lost a couple of places at the start but then got into a good rhythm until the rain. Unfortunately i had a spin on my in lap to change for wets at no name corner and lost around 30 seconds. I then had a great stint in the rain and caught Spidey and managed to overtake in the pits and keep a small gap in front of him. But i over pressured my tires and as it warmed up i just couldn't keep him behind. I managed to come home 6th after starting 18th so pretty happy with that.
    Thanks again to the admin team for putting the race on.
  14. Mael

Mael Professional

Will put it down as a "learning experience"

Reduced the rear wing just before the race (Not enough practice to sort out a setup) and it worked well enough. That is until the rain started. It was one of the most difficult cars I've experienced in wet condition, twitchy,floaty & evil. With 80 minutes to go the inevitable; a bit of wheel on a curb spat me into the wall necessitating a pitstop and repairs.

Question was which tyres? Wets would mean another stop and the pitlane of infinity while slicks in the dark on wet track may not end well.

Went for option 2. Slicks on wet track plus fuel saving as 70min was the maximum stint length on a full tank. Did not work! The lap times were about 10 seconds a lap slower and ran out of fuel on the last lap. Not that it mattered as apparently the maximum stint length was 70 minutes so got a drive through penalty :( as reward for my effort.

But it was fun!
  15. Dat Guy Tom

Dat Guy Tom New Recruit Gold Member

Thanks @SteveDrivingSlowly, it was a great race and it was a pleasure racing with you! You handled the night and torrential rain extremely well!
  16. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

Barry Crocker from me. I went onto the dry's waaay too early and couldn't get Eau Rouge and Raidillon right with the pointy setup. Had a big off and decided to call it a night after spending a bit of time as a mobile chicane. It was my first wet race on ACC so I definitely need some practice.

Thanks for the race and sorry for piking out early.